ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

True that but they are not developing the coffee, the coffee is what it is, either you like it or not, and they still should be intrested in your opinion, if it was good or not, otherwise they would do wrong as well. :)

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

This reminds me the conversations i used to have with my classmates back in the old days on my primary school...

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Howsoever, I know it is not always easy and I apologize for thinking out loud again, and im sure there are others much more qualified which should be heard, while someone defends the front with exorbitant abandon, perhaps it is more instructive. I believe in ISI and I have time, but the children around the block are annoying me a bit, and what I think in my opinion is not good for the product. ;)

4. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

All I know is that some need to switch to decaf

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

**AGAIN** it's not about not being heard. You saw me in the thread, right? You saw me replying, right? You saw me give a reason why implementing the one he mentioned isn't feasible, right? You didn't see me say no, ever, right? You didn't see me say they're a bad idea, right? You saw me react to his attitude and chose to interpret that - again - as something which was never said and/or as a lack of acknowledgement where it was given.

Tell me, does only saying yes constitute being heard to you? To me, being heard by someone is being heard by someone.

You know what we should do? We should license a track we know everyone wants, then hold a poll to ask what people want us to license, that way when we announce licensing for what we've already licensed, you'll feel like we listen to you... Honestly we're one of the most transparent developers in the industry. No cloaks or daggers. You wouldn't think so.

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Yeah they thought I was born yesterday and it just so happened the community didn't get to actually say "we want this track" They were given a choice of x amount of real world circuits with Nords in the choices..... Absolutely obvious that track would win the poll and then all the fanboys could think the developer actually listened and went out and got the license on the back of communities actions.
    That was the last time I opened that title and only wished they gave refunds like ISI
    What would have been hilarious would be if the community voted for a circuit they hadn't actually licensed :eek:
    Another funny thing is the tile that spins around when I start sim commander with the various titles I have ( I only ever click rF2 ) :)
    Has the date 2012 on the title in question, it's nearly 2015 and people moan about ISI's speed of development lol

7. Hectari

Hectari Registered

What do you expect from someone who thinks that Tupac would have been president if he was alive?

I remember when speed1 was touting his services to ISI, just another chapter in his ridiculous history here on the forum. I keep thinking of this whenever he posts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nDwEFvOh9co#t=2332

There's a minority around here that are full of entitlement and irrational thinking. Give people an inch and they'll take a mile. Some people need 'holidays' from the forum, temp bans should be more common to keep this place from descending into the cesspit it can thanks to resident numpties. I get so sick of all the usual crap we go through over and over again regarding simple stuff, it's like a broken record.

This is just what I think it's not intended as an attack but of course people love to jump on the offended bus, just give me a ban and spare me from reading some of the nonsense around here for a while.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

So in other words community got their say, because Nordschleife would obviously have won anyway even it had been an open vote between all tracks. I don't see how it can be made to a negative fact to make what is arguably world's best track, and being the first one to laser scan it properly. It's no coincidence iRacing will follow and do the same now. Simbin even made a separate game just to feature Nordschleife.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's the fake condescending way of letting a community THINK it has a say that's a problem. Not the track itself.

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The point is kunos made it look like the community were deciding upon which circuit they were to license when it was obvious the license was already in place. Its like putting a what car do you want next in rF2... your choices are a ford fiesta 1.1 a trabant a Toyota yaris or a metro 6r4. Which one would most likely win.

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I don't think each title it's going to laser scan the Nurbu from scratch, especially because it is a TITANIC task. I believe they're accessing the point cloud already available. So the source should be the same for everyone.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This would be a pretty fair assumption I'd say. :)

13. 88mphTim

I've seen a few studios in various genres do it, most recently actually a space sim. The only annoying thing about it is that it gives people the idea the studio wanted their opinion, not their help in re-marketing the poll. :)

14. 88mphTim

Well, probably more than that. We were offered licensing and point cloud data, but don't feel it is very reasonable for a free piece of content and have currently refused, though the door isn't shut, we won't be the ones stepping through it. lol They can if they want to.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Indeed, excellent post.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Unfortunately, with so many others apparently willing to pay, they don't have much incentive to go first :(

17. 88mphTim

We'll see, of course. I did previously say the ring would be improbable or impossible, but I tried anyway.

18. coops

coops Banned

tyvm for your efforts Tim. Tim you have put your foot in it now, you know some1 will want to see where you have tried in blood.. PMSL

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

:-D :-D brilliant

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

You have absolutly no clue, you neither know me nor did you understand 2pac. You guys are the real ones who will push the product on high levels of popularity, i'm sure,........wait not really, this forum is full of jokes. Ah......and like you said, no offense.

Tim i know your efforts, but sorry to say the children around wan't be good for your product, even when you like there words because it is easyer to take but it is a sort of bootlicking of flashed children playing, me will always be honest and direct because i'm not a fake.

I'll be watching relaxed, i'm sure the time will come where you will get me back behind the steering wheel.