Is Project CARS worth trying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Travis

Travis Registered

Continue to laugh your fundament off all you like; unlike many here I know how much of R3E is ISI's code because I am lucky enough to be testing R3E (along with approximately 30 other people from across the globe) and the question came up the other day ;)

This doesn't mean I don't play other sims or that I like one sim over another; they all have good and bad points. I'm thankful we have so many to choose from as this genre was considered dead not too long ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Lol, never heard that.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Alter performance curve in pCars or AC

physics tyres chassis............

bye.........

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Do you have programming code available to you to compare the fundamental underlying code running ISI stuff and R3E?

I'm not necessarily saying you're figure is wrong by the way.

5. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Didn't understand :(
    Are you confirming what he said? When this genre (racing simulator) was considered dead? I mean in which decade or years?

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I saying when someone makes a AC or pCars data will be critical or similar cars will feel the same.........like they do now ??

You don't feel that in pCars and to a lesser extent in AC ? I sure do.

I have driven 100 AC mods nearly all feel ordinary an/or flawed to drive.

Even the default cars like the Cobra compared to ISI is like day and night to me.

This is the problem but ...............while you all go on for 4 years about stuff only Tim can/will change, the
    gmotor modders I try for years endlessly to coax here keep reading bad stuff.

So they do this in AC, full scratch. !

We could have had all these guys in rF2 ....no one tried, why would they want to when so many people whinge about stuff.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1877805#post1877805

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  7. Travis

Travis Registered

I don't need compare "the fundamental underlying code" nor am I going to. The information I decided to impart on this forum comes straight from a lead developer at Sector 3. You can apply to join the testing team if you wish to prove the figure for yourself.

Good because if you choose not to believe me or the source that's fine by me; I won't bother again to give titbits of information here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Chill out, lol.

Some people/devs modify another engine then claim it as their own. For e.g., using another's gfx engine (or physics, sound, etc.) as a start and then modifying from there then calling it their own. Rather than literally starting their own engine from a blank sheet of paper. That's why it's difficult to know how much of R3E is literally scratch made rather than edited/modified.

The sound engine to my ears sounds just like the ISI one (not actually made by ISI) except with modifications/updates to it for more effects and stuff (unlike something like AC where I can tell sounds like a different sound engine altogether)

There is still a ton of stuff based on ISI in the editable files like the FFB stuff, rst of the controller file, and possibly, physics engine too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015