[REL] Hockenheim-Ring (Multi Layout) v1.1 update 03.05.2015

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Tommy78, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Great track, thank you!

Especially the road surface feels very well.
    Good grip, lots of small short waves. very well. It feels alive.
    This road surface I wish for ISI Silverstone :)
    The textures I find a bit colorful. I also have some flickering. Nevertheless. Super work.

oh,the colors with Tosch HDR are much better :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

Very nice track and thank you for this first release.

As Andreas67 says, it´s a bit to colorful. Some textures look a bit rough and the grass is to "green". But it´s realls fun to drive it. Thank you really much.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Rob, I know it is lot stuff to read but I did it and since yesterday I found a way to setup my rF2 without stuttering and minimal tearing.
    Read here :
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?t=17996
    With the ctrl+c cpu and gpu bars + fps limiter like kei kei and jtbo describe I can tune it now to look very smooth with constant 60fps and I think with minimal input lag (I hope ATM I can't measure it).
    You will wonder but for example if I enable the cloud and wind switch in the ingame setting I become tearing and stuttering without this feature very less to nothing.

Edit: Important additional Info you can see with the bar easier from where the problem come for example you are out of sync in terms of physics or gpu or in the worst case both. This influence your driving massiv because of tearing, stuttering and/or input lag.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  5. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Thank you, I will have a read

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

When I run a race against AI, they hit the brakes and slow down at the start/finish line. Even when I tried to train the AI they still slow at the finish line like a corner.

7. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

That's why it's a beta. As I said before the AIW just basic, till the final version.

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I see this color problem (to much saturation) in most tracks, even ISI ones. Most converted tracks have wrong saturated textures, because they are a copy and paste job from rF1 (lazy modder). You have to readjust (reduce saturation) the textures for hdr. Tommys textures have a good saturation, but wrong material settings. Every surface in the real world should have a specular reflection of the sunlight. Sunlight is white, that means you have to add white areas to the diffuse texture and exactly that's it what a specular map is for. You can use the material settings to control how much of the specular map is added to the diffuse map under direct sunlight. The result looks desaturated like it should. The problem is that the default values used by ISI are wrong. I believe they are a leftover from the old lighting engine (pre build 069).
    I should mention that different materials settings have no impact on performance. If you chose a shader for an object the gfx engine calculates the result even if it's not visible.

An example for good material settings is the Poznan track by feels3. Just have a look at the pitlane under different angles of the sun.

Here is an example for the green painted parts of track (material "ROAD_FILL_GREEN2). Have not found the material for the red part of the track.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The grass texture has wrong material settings. It looks like the normal map is used as specular map.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Green lake :D

10. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks Tosch!

But yeah, when I released the beta, I wrote, still didn't set the texture settings, so almost all material use the default settings. But I have a look for the grass normal and spec map.

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Please take your time to get these things right. The track is modeled so good, it could be epic with correct material settings.

12. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

@Tosch - hopefully ISI modders have learned their lesson from your post above and will set the materials in the correct way for the upcomming Silverstone.

+1000 for your investigations !

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here are two more examples. I have ramped up the specularity for road and curb textures. On the second pic the specular reflection on the white road line is so bright that it jumps over my bloom threshold.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

@ Tosch, how it behaves with glass (eg Silverstone pit building) it does not reflect?

excuse my bad english

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

16. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Haven't read all posts and couldn't find releasenotes, so not sure if it's a known issue:

It is (almost) impossible to leave the garage online. The car starts to drift forward once you hit 'race', but you can't just drive out like you would on any other track. If you're patient the forward drifting motion moves the car out of the garage eventually. I had the car being completely stuck in one of three attempts though. There was another driver on the server with the same issue. We both had no such problems offline.

I set up a passworded server for our league. (We wanted to have an event this friday actually, looks like we will have to use a different track, I guess). If you (Tommy78) want to give it a try before I change tracks, pm me and I can provide you with servername and password.

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I had a similar issue yesterday but offline instead. I tried to pull out of the garage in the Formula Renault but it was wheel-spinning as if it was floating above the ground slightly. Managed to get it out after flooring the throttle for a while.

18. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Oh, it looks good, have you changed anything? Previously I have not seen it

Thank You

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I like tracks that start us out in the pit box a lot better. That saves a TON of problems. Let's hope this one makes a change and does the same.

20. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Tosch!

The red part material is: TRACK_SPONSOR_DTM
    And another the TRACK_SPONSOR_DTM2 is after the hairpin, and before the next right corner, and the left side of the track, and this part is almost white.