Released GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

im sorry mate but this is so incorrect , it don't make sense for devs to focus just on expensive equipment in already niche genre.
    Also im using logitech G27, absolutely no problem with FFB.

Bernat likes this.
  2. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

I'm not disparaging anyone, just pointing out the facts that something strange with tire consumption in rf2, at least for most users.
    whether the problem is in front tire wear, steering wheel angle, setup, ffb, the type of steering wheel someone uses or who knows what else, or all together, but on average, the front tires wear too much in most cases.

by looking at the data from one race at Sebring. I will not list site or drivers. it is visible that out of 15 in the race, only 3 of them managed to have a difference of 5% in tire consumption between front and rear.
    those drivers applied the strategy of the first stint med/soft, and the second stint soft/soft. it is significant to conclude that the later part of the race is better for the tires because they wear less in the front because there is more grip on the track. but consumption on the front wheels is present in that 5%.

it is mixed as far as the steering wheels used by these 15 participants are concerned. from g29, belt to DD steering wheel.
    these 3 that managed to maintain a 5% difference in tire consumption are on DD wheels. but there are also users with a DD steering wheel who did not succeed.

on average, looking at these others who failed to save front tires, they mostly spent 15 to 35% more than the rear tires. there were also extremes with over 50%.

I am attaching pic from the telemetry after the race for some drivers, where you can see the last laps 1st and 2nd of the stint.
    the eighth column shows the consumption of tires
    I deliberately chose two examples where the drivers had the same type of tire in the front and back during the entire race

Attached Files:

3. Simulation_Player

these pictures don't tell anything tbh, post a video of your driving , 2 to 3 laps minimum with tyre HUD ON. (or someone else who is having same issue). so we can see if there is any issues there i.e excess steering

post picture of setup (very important), so we can see what are you doing with setup.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  4. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

@Simulation_Player

sorry, but who are you here?
    you work for s397, are you an engineer, alien driver or what?
    I've been driving simulations for over 30 years, I mostly do the setup on cars myself, I'm a relatively fast driver. drove almost all simulations of the past 30 years.
    what would you like if I record my ride for you, and I said that I tried to arrange the setup in many ways. so also to yours that you recommended, and I said that your advice helps, but not completely, because too much wear still appears on the front wheels.
    I have now analyzed the data from one race, where there are three of them within 5% of tire consumption. I believe that you are among them, so you are so sure that everything is fine in rf2, that is, at least with the endurance pack and GTE cars.

I say that this consumption is not normal, and you bring an expert from real life who drives or has driven GTE cars and let him test the same car in rf2 and then let him come to the conclusion that everything is realistic with GTE cars in rf2. of course, record and document all of this to present.

I see that Lazza doesn't want to answer what I asked him, so let me ask you the same thing.
    why did the s397 in the endurance pack GTE cars in the setup allow that the front and rear wheels can use different tire compounds, say med/soft etc.?

if you can't answer my specific questions, I would ask you to leave this space for others who could give some clever explanation, and especially if one of the s397 staff should address me and explain my theses and whether they are right or wrong and why.

5. Simulation_Player

No im not an expert , im just saying that IF you providing us.....the community (not just me) with driving video and setup file / pictures, this is because its better data to solve the issue with, i'm only trying to help. Only posting tyre wear after the race don't tell the full story , thats why i suggested you to post video and setup.
    you could be right , u may have found a problem but with if u could provide more solid evidence that will only help you and here in community who are reading this.

i haven't driven any race cars IRL but what you are claiming is not what i found out in game, hence i can't trust you right away.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  6. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

I see you wisely avoided answering this question of mine
    and you persistently push your story.
    your tires may wear equally, because you are maybe a slow driver. we fast drivers use stronger tires because we are more aggressive. but that doesn't mean I don't know how to take care of tires, avoid flat spots and use brake balance, and be more careful with sliding.

but why should I argue with you anymore, when I see that you are not serious.

7. Simulation_Player

I don't know why S397 allows us to choose different tyre compound front and rear, don't even know how it is done IRL. that only devs can answer.

8. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

that's why I would like to ask you once again not to comment anymore since you are not competent for rf2.
    and besides, I see that you haven't driven rf2 for a month, so it's even worse that you're messing around.

9. Simulation_Player

well I have played GTE cars ...alot when they got updated with new tyres etc , so i surely have a say in the topic. quite invalid statement.
    I still have setup saved what i managed to to get my wear just right on spa with both RSR and 488 GTE, this is why im not buying your claim.

P.S : for your sake im gonna say it last time, post a video of your driving and setup file or picture, this is good evidence to prove your case.
    otherwise no one is going to buy your claim without any proper data to back it up.

10. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

well, what is not clear to you?
    I did not report a problem of mine and only mine that I noticed in rf2.
    it is a global problem that many drivers have.
    I showed a picture of my used tires as well as some others from the races.
    and if you had been driving rf2 for the last month, you would be a smarter interlocutor, but you are just trolling like this.

because you won't understand anything from the video of my driving, because I drive normally like a fast driver. maybe it would be something new for you. you would also like one of my setups. maybe you collect them perhaps.
    maybe I can send you the motec data if you are good at reading telemetry.
    of course i don't think so. those who are smart will understand what I have written so far these days.
    and yes, don't forget that I invested quite a few days and hours to test and study everything in detail. unlike you who didn't even touch rf2 for a month.

11. Simulation_Player

Good luck finding help with that tone.

12. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

Im not asking for help, Im pointing out the tire consumption problem.
    my question "what is this about with those tires in rf2?" was primarily addressed to the makers of GTE cars.

13. Comante

Comante Registered

I can smell BS from the other part of the globe. I too can claim to be in simracing since 1989, this doesn't make me an authority on the matter as you claim. And this is not an argumet to shut down questioning your positions.
    Second : correlation is not causation the fact that the fastest drivers are in DD doesn't mean that DD are faster, just that people dedicated to a hobby are willing to invest more money on it.
    You have made senseless claim for someone with 30 years of simracing under his belt.
    Your attitude won't win friends of formal excuses from S397 for their faults.
    Ah I too use a G27 and RF2 is perfectly fine on it. I even bouht it second hand and it still running strong. :D
    Third: you self proclaimed a fast driver, but apparently didn't manage to reach the podium in the races you talk about. I thought fast drivers are those that win races.
    Do you know what it looks like? That you are stuck in your skill progression, and unable to find in yourself the speed you want, you are trying to prove that the fault is out of your control (tires, FFB, wheel .. ).

14. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

I see that you were really struck by the fact that I was a "fast drive", obviously you were not.
    don't worry about my podiums. I won in my life and was on the podium many times, as recently as with 992.
    I see you pounced on me, I just don't know why and how you felt hurt.
    but you didn't touch on the important point I made about the problem of tire wear.
    so if you don't have anything constructive and smart to say, don't write.

15. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Reading your posts anyone could tell you the same.

Bernat likes this.
  16. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

I would ask all of you who would like to settle accounts with me for reasons known only to you, do so privately and contact me via PM.

everyone else
    people stick to the topic please

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your question didn't relate to my comment, so I couldn't see any point. I don't like discussing shifting goal posts.

You asserted that a RWD won't realistically wear the fronts more. I said that's not true.

The available compounds really don't have a lot to do with that simple premise. But, one reason to be able to mix compounds is to help balance handling and wear across different circuits.

I've watched various motorsport series for close to 40 years, 99% of those RWD, and often tracks are identified as either front- or rear-limited. Same cars, same drivers, different wear patterns. Simply put, long corners tend towards front wear, stop-start tracks tend towards rear wear. This is among professional drivers whose paid aim (as in, the thing that keeps them employed) is to maximise their overall performance, which means making the most of the available tyre grip, which means balancing wear as much as possible with their driving. So, unlike the average sim racer, I'll have some confidence they aren't wearing the fronts prematurely merely by turning excessively into understeer.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And just to return to this, I think this is part of the reason at least some people can't see much reason to engage. You later mentioned different wheels and available rotation, and then linked 'wheel type' to tyre wear. I personally think you're starting at "hey, I'm getting more front wear and this car is RWD, this can't be right. Let me look for reasons why" and going down these paths in order to try and explain it. (which is why I tried - perhaps unsuccessfully - to isolate that single point and say it's not true)

Any decent wheel since 2008 has 900° rotation at least, which covers basically all circuit-racing cars in terms of the available steering rotation, and I'd suggest covers all circuit-racing cars in terms of the rotation you'll actually use when driving on track. If some DD wheels offer 1440° it really has zero impact on how much people wear their front tyres.

If you find unlocking the steering rotation and increasing its range, helps your front wear, then it suggests you're falling into the (common) trap of habitually turning the wheel a certain amount and not actively minimising scrub. That's not intended to insult your driving, and maybe it's not true at all - but that's why people are asking for some videos or similar, to help work out what's going on.

Emery and The_Bad_Fasterd like this.
  19. Bernat

Bernat Registered

To the topic? Do you think this is your topic?

Please, create your own thread for your rants and let this one alone. I'm tired of reading your disrespectful and out of place comments.

20. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

@Lazza

thank you for your answer and effort.

this reminds me of the days when I was driving rf1 with a controller, where always had too much wear on the front tires. and when took g27 it was something completely different.

I didn't know that IRL in endurance series it is allowed for GTE cars and others to have different tire components front and back at the same time.

I gave up ACC because of the tires, that is, the pressure in the tires, which if it is not perfect, you no longer know what is happening with the car and how to adjust it. returning to rf2, I ran into the problem with the tires again, but with a slightly different theme.

we have to wait and see with time whether everything will be fine with the setup, unless s397 surprises us with some new update. if they add brake tire heating, maybe only then will they complicate everything.

ah yes. I missed another detail.
    tire pressure.
    which is maximally low, 140 kpa, but still in some situations it seems that it should be lower, but it is locked and cannot go lower than 140 kpa. the temperature display IMO often shows, especially on the front wheels, that the tires are overinflated.
    I don't understand why the kpa is locked at 140, and that's also one of the potential reasons why the tires wear out.