Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. sampopel

sampopel Registered

Anyone else finding they can no longer select reverse gear? I use the paddle-shifters and used to be able to go down through all the gears to neutral, then reverse. Now it only goes down to 1st. The only time I can select reverse is when I first get in the car in the pitlane and it's already in neutral - I can then select reverse, but once I've gone into 1st, I can never get it lower than that again until I reset in the pits.

I don't want to have to set aside a specific button just for reverse.

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

No problem Coutie. Thanks

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You need to be in low revs to go into reverse.

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

maybe your throttle needs a bit of deadzone. If the throttle is only minimal pressed you cant go to reverse.

5. Nokto

Nokto Registered

It stranges, for me every cars hasn't been updated.
    The BMW has the new TC functions settable in the setup menu and gear protection but the mercedes doesn't. The mercredes version in the game is 2.95 while the changelog say they are all in 3.51. Looks same for corvette.

6. StefWar

StefWar Registered

Hello all, I have a question:
    Since the update I cannot hear anymore the tyre noise like before.
    Before I was relying on the legacy sound settings, putting tyre noise to 300% ,and that was extremely useful (always used tyre noise in sim racing to understand what was going on).
    Now it seems this option is no longer valid and the tyre noise if "fixed",correct? Or is it only me?
    Thanks

oikworld likes this.
  7. sampopel

sampopel Registered

This is even when I'm stationary in the pits, before I pull away. The car starts in the default of neutral and I can go down to reverse, but as soon as I go to 1st or above (without applying any throttle), it won't go back to neutral or reverse. Just tried rolling back to last stable release and same issue... and seems to be all cars and tracks. Never had this problem before. :(

I'm on a Logitech G29.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is normal (default) behaviour if you've assigned a control to Neutral. You'd either have to press that control to get to Neutral, or use shift up + shift down to get there. Is it possible something has changed there?

BedlamSquare and sampopel like this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Perhaps a video would help us(users I mean) see what is going on.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You still have the old cars. Look at the menu, you will probably see two of each car. Make sure you choose one of the cars with the correct v3.51 version number. The reason, at least for me, was having skins in the old folders. Once I moved the .mas files to the new folder, the duplicates disappeared. So the v3.51 Mercedes has a new set of lights on the dash, well maybe not new, but they now work as intended, not as duplicates of the rpm led lights.

11. sampopel

sampopel Registered

That was it - no idea how that got assigned but removing it solved it. Thanks!

Emery, Lazza and pkelly like this.
  12. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Just tried the Ferrari GT3 and this "shift protection" makes in undrivable. The same BS like in the 992 Cup just 10 times worse. I was watching enough onboards both GT3 and 992 Cup to tell this has no simulation value and is utter nonsense.

Pawel44, GTClub_wajdi, chops and 2 others like this.
  13. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

I've tried the Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, Corvette, BMW and have no issues whatsoever with up/down shifting.

I wonder if it's a set up thing, or a hardware issue?

14. Leynad

Leynad Registered

My hardware run perfectly fine 5 minutes before with the Ferrari GTE.
    rF2 now prevents downshifts FAR BELOW reaching the rev-limiter after the shift and that's obvioulsy utter BS. It just allows downshift if no dashboard LED is on and after it allows the downshift I'm in mid-green. No car in this world would do that.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    Pawel44, chops and Jan Titz like this.
  15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Shift protection has been applied to these cars as per the actual manuals of the cars in question, so it does indeed behave as per design. The danger with watching on board videos is that many different GT3 series and regulations exist all over the world, with different sets of rules.

As a development team, we strive for realism, and develop things like shift protection in line with how the manufacturers designed.

16. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

How odd then.

So, are you just unable to shift up, or down, what's the problem exactly?

17. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

thank you for this update but frankly guys! when we see the deliveries it does not give desire it's horrible in 2023 we need 5/6 official deliveries per car. it's boring to spend time on racedepartement in search or in hope of new deliveries.... it looks like series cars with a number

Attached Files:

18. NIsmo97_

NIsmo97_ Registered

Now the GT3s feel like the GTEs... Extremely floaty tyres that constantly have a tendency to drift, taking a clean line just has the car understeering to no end.
    I'm going almost 3 seconds a lap slower on Sebring with the BMW M4 GT3 compared to before, mostly due to the car just not wanting to grip.

The BTCC cars, the new 911 Cup car and a few others drive just fine. The GT3s, now, and GTEs just feel like I'm driving on worn tires.
    I don't know if something's wrong with my game or if I'm doing something wrong with the cars, but they just feel pretty bad to drive.

Juan CofiƱo and Pawel44 like this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have had some interference downshifting into very tight corners like the Turn4, The Cutting, at Bathurst. From 4th to 3rd is fine, but when I usually shift to 2nd the Shift protection prevents that and that bogs the engine down a little as the climb continues.
    Is it undriveable? No. Will it require some some technique re-learning? Yes indeed.

Don't the GTE cars also have Shift Protection?

I also have either TC or ABS(I'll have to verify which one) set to vibrate my steering so I was getting jolts when the new dash lights lit up. I'll probably find that setting now and disable it in the player or controller .json and rely on the lights rather than one more clunk on the steering.

@NIsmo97_ they did say back when the announcement was made, that the new tires would probably require setup changes and I would add driver style changes. That will upset many experienced users.

20. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Again: rF2 now prevents downshifts FAR BELOW reaching the rev-limiter after the shift and that's obvioulsy utter BS. It just allows downshift if no dashboard LED is on and after allowance I'm in mid-green. No car in this world would do that. A downshift-protection in racecars only prevent the transmission to go over the rev-limiter after downshift, obviously.

chops and Jan Titz like this.