GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

Question.. (I haven't downloaded the mod yet) are the tires being redone to rF2 spec ?

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Small problem here, no matter what I do or run any track, I can't run this mod.
    I always have to resort to ctrl-alt-delete and stop rF2.
    Always get 2 gMotor errors.
    error loading mesh file GY_lF_LOW_LOW.GMT to memory
    error loading mesh file MIC_LF_MIN_LOW.GMT to memory

I suppose these are vehicle files. I've downloaded the o.1b.rfcmp file twice now just to make sure it wasn't corrupt.

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

The tire TGM have been taken from Formule Renault. I choose Deformable tires as material but thread and wall have same material because they share same texture. Seems that It work well with rF2 spec. It's have more grip than original version. Only one type for now...But will try to do my best to have correct tyres( Goodyear Ply, Michelin radials).
    View attachment 5553

JIM This version may be buggy !!! STrtange because I already had feedback on other forum from La Crevette who said that It perfectly work.
    Gy are low good year tires for Alfa and Arrows...MIC are for Ferrari !!!

Before Installing You have to delete by hand or desinstall with Modmanager older release (rfmod)!!!

-"MESMODRFACTOR2"/Installed/rfm > Delete MAS GP79_XXXX.MAS
    -"MESMODRFACTOR2"/Installed/Vehicule/GP79_CAR >Delete folder
    -"MESMODRFACTOR2"/Installed/Sounds/GP79_SOUND >Delete folder
    -"MESMODRFACTOR2"/Installed/Talent/GP79_TALENT >Delete folder
    -"MESMODRFACTOR2"/Manifest/ > delete GP79_XXXXX.mft

install 0.1b rfmcp

Now you 'll have to select ALL CAR, Choose a car for race, and configure race to have GP79 car or other.
    If it won't run It's may because my file is corrupt...

Tell me if it's the same for all of you or just for some who had already Installed the first release !!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Arnao, I checked the files you posted to check. I did find a GP79 mft file, deleted it. Re-installed .01b and tracks still locked with same errors.
    I did something different this time. About 3/4's of the way across the track loading bar it always stops and I can find the error boxes, but this time I got the wild idea to hit escape button, the loading bar moved a bit, I hit the escape button about a dozen more times and the loading bar advanced each time. The track finally loaded. the Alfa finally loaded. My AI in their cars were just gray boxes, with transparent wheels.

I like the FFB, feels pretty good. Only took a lap or two on Jarama, then went to a VLM track Sebring, it took 15 escape button hits, track loaded and Alfa came up. Again I was racing semi-transparent ice cream trucks.

I think I remember reading something similar experience in the Maserati release thread, I think I will check thru that topic.

5. crz

crz Registered

Same here and i followed your instructions Arnao.

6. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I have the same error, i guess it is related to the graphics level of the car? (i use High for my car and Medium for opponents).

A couple of details:

1) only AI are suffering the error, ie if i drive a Ferrari then Alfa and Arrows have gMotor2 errors, if i drive an Alfa then Ferrari and Arrows have the errors.

2) errors are not so big to crash rF2, but the cars are not loaded, visible as temp cars.

7. Arnao

Arnao Registered

OK will try to upload another Multi RFCmP later today.
    Each older car had been already re-export with minor change...Have change POWER STEERING upgrade for some car so you will have to choose ASSIST LEVEL 1.OTher are too much harder..I did it in wrong way.
    You will have to delete OLDER version by HAND as said in my last post and delete my package in your folder package...

I NEED HELP FOR DEBUG FOR IT WILL PM IT...

EDIT: use High for OPPONENT seems to solved the problems(thanks max have to dig it)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  8. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

wow this look awsome, from what i read i can not try the mod right now as it will crash as i have understood, but i follow this for sure, i try next version that is said to work :cool:

9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Yes, High opponents level is a working workaround. :)

The next issue is related to the cockpit (tach and textures).
    In my PC only the Arrows has a good cockpit, Alfa and Ferrari are missing tachs and have strange textures.

To see what i mean, look to the attached shots (High graphics detail both for my car and for opponents)

Attached Files:

10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Ferrar has kind of "milky" shader look on carbody under different sun angles; tyres on the sidewall look kind of too green coloured and the texture on tyre tread when moving looks not good. Should be positve critics.
    otherwise like it - good work.

11. Arnao

Arnao Registered

FIRST POST UPDATED:

version 0.1d:
    CORRECTED :
    -GMT errors
    -LOD in cockpitview

ADDED cars
    -Williams
    -Wolf

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Even I can get this version going, Thanks Arnao! It gets better all the time.

13. drako90

drako90 Registered

thanks!! good work!! :cool: ;)

[​IMG]

14. jumi2

jumi2 Registered

Wohoo lovely :) such a great thing you doing these :) thanks very much.

15. crz

crz Registered

@Arnao
    In spinner view with all tracks & cars selected i only see 3 cars from your mod, the Wolf of James Hunt and two Arrows. If i set it to list view in singleplayer its all fine and i can see every car.

I made a vmod with Nordschleife and set it up on my server. I have allowed every car existing in the mod in my server config. If i want to join again i only have those 3 cars to choose but this time changing to list view doesnt go around the problem. AI on the server can drive every car and i can see them on the track. So the problem is only at the car selection. Maybe i did something wrong but i cant see where.

Just let me know if you need more information.

16. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Salut Hi,
    Have you already try to remove the Mod in modmanager or by hand and re install ???
    Maybe you've got a wrong mft file in Manifest directory...
    I 've never try to setup a server with it.I must have a look !!

Thanks to comment

17. Arnao

Arnao Registered

CRZ,
    I think I sorted it out.
    Seeing car have UnlockExperience=0 in their VEH
    Not Seeing car have UnlockExperience=xxx0 in their VEH

I have to re-package my GP79_CAR
    Will edit post later !!!
    Thanks for debugging...

18. crz

crz Registered

Ok thanks for your work! Ill try again when youre done repackaging.

19. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Got Mod is Invalid on my host interface and I can't find it in Server List even with Local network tick...
    Any idea How to sort it out ????

EDIT: Will try tomorow ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I am going to run a test server that will be updated as often as you update this thread, Arnao. It's called GP79 Testing Server. set for 2x30 min races, auto-clutch only, dry weather.

Everyone should be able to get the mod directly from the server (let's hope the mod d/l system works). If not, then let me know I'll upload it to mediafire. The tracks are the ISI created threads and the VLM tracks.