GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Ok Guy thanks a lot will PM you next released.
    I've to sort out some strange bug before next one...
    -It seems that AI opponents RIMS are, for some car, directly loaded from player car... already rename GMT to be unique but seems not to correct it.
    -Only 3 cars are shown in Multiplayer, seems to be a VEH line but can't have a test on an own server. RFMOD export limitation reach without any sucess when I try to connect my local server (server status "MOD ID is invalid").
    -Wrong Shaders with the williams that was propagated to other car with willi as player car (the shader are correct on willi when player choose another car)
    -I need to find how to change default livery for Upgrade chassis. If anyone know how to do it automatically I will be pleased. If not I must add as personal skin.

I will try to have all cars package before changing any Physics line. So if graphic are not correct for you please comment(green tyres, milky ferrari).
    A lot of textures are shares between each car so it will be easy to have quick changes. Textures mass are common_79, tyres_79, tach_79 if some one want to help.

ATS is near to be ready.

Thanks a lot Guy to serv (maybe double post with F1 Classic :eek:)

2. lbird

lbird Registered

Great project so far, Arnao. One question: Will you update the textures to current standards once you got the packaging right? Because the cockpit surrounding still seems to be filled with very low resolution texturing (Surface of dashboard, Steering wheel etc.) ....
    I would like to help you but unfortunately i am lacking any modding or painting skills.....

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

So yes lbird hope to do fresh painting but I have to learn how to before...:(

Nobody notice it to me... but Alfa and Alpha is not really same meaning...A little confusion due to my first exported car that's was propagated to my naming files... you are pleased to scoff at me now.

So Can somebody change in the title the alfa to ALPHA really sorry for that ! !

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  4. lbird

lbird Registered

Well, both is completely correct. The state is alpha, and you are converting an alfa (besides the other cars) ;)

5. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

when i came in here first time i expected an "ultra" alfa romeo car :D better change that ;)

- what you guys think bout the cars so far. i hope brakes are not final :D even with 100% they are awful weak. i know physics will be done later but i had to say it.

6. Arnao

Arnao Registered

If some one can change edit a correct braking system for me will add it.
    The original brake setting find in alfaromeo HDV files for each tyres:

Code:
    BrakeDiscRange=(0.020, 0.006, 2)    
    BrakeDiscSetting=1
    BrakePadRange=(0, 1, 5)             
    BrakePadSetting=2
    BrakeDiscInertia=0.715              
    BrakeOptimumTemp=450.0              
    BrakeFadeRange=200.0                
    BrakeWearRate=1.900e-011            
    BrakeFailure=(1.50e-002,7.00e-004)  
    BrakeTorque=2000.0                  
    BrakeHeating=0.00150                
    BrakeCooling=(1.973e-002,2.459e-004)  
    BrakeDuctCooling=6.700e-005
    Maybe have to Change to RF2 compliance EX from FR3.5

Code:
    BrakeDiscRange=(0.028, 0.001, 1)
    BrakeDiscSpecial=(0,"28"," mm",)
    BrakeDiscSetting=0
    BrakePadRange=(0, 1, 3)
    BrakePadSetting=1
    BrakeDiscInertia=0.8000
    BrakeResponseCurve=(87,400,700,1550)
    BrakeWearRate=3.40e-11
    BrakeFailure=(1.65e-02,7.00e-04)
    BrakeTorque=3700
    BrakeTorqueAI=3500
    BrakeHeating=0.00141
    BrakeCooling=(1.900e-02,2.093e-04)
    BrakeDuctCooling=3.688e-04
    BrakeGlow=(720,980)
    MAYBE not too much and can be done rapidly but only if some Historical info can be provide !!!
    have to add:
    -BrakeResponseCurve=(xx,xx,xxx,xxxx)
    -BrakeTorque=+++++
    -BrakeTorqueAI=?????

7. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Arnao,

Great job so far, one of my favorite mods in rFactor1 so I'm glad to see this, lot of work for you and it's much appreciated by all of us! Right now if I take the Ferrari out I have no sounds, only car that I have that issue with, any solutions out there for this? Also for some reason I cannot get on the server with this mod, probably my two issues are related.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Dale! why havent you posted this in our forums yet? you know how much our members will love this mod. i mean, 12 seasons in GP79 for us so far in rf1, i can only emagin the buzz once they see this :)

Great job so far Arnao, i'm exitied about this project man, keep up the good work :)

9. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Thanks all,

So have a lot debug info to deal with for now...I notice it Bale... Try to reinstall if same Issue tell it to me.
    I 'll looking at that later...for next released.

CU

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Amazing how things changes. My first impression of Arnao is that he is a troll for his first post and for his avatar.
    Now he looks to me to most passionate modder of community. Almost seems he is an hiperactive child. lol
    This is great.

11. Arnao

Arnao Registered

My avatar is from an old French satiric newspaper, Hara-Kiri.
    -That has the color of vomits of drunkard.
    -That has the smell of of vomits of drunkard.
    And nevertheless it is not a drunkard. It is a drinker of canadaDry.
    CANADADRY the drink which takes cops for idiot!!!
    :D

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Here's the latest rfmod on the server for testing

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bah71dvlua35j5

I have auto-download enabled and the limit set high enough, but it's not working. The auto-download feature is broken. It will work occasionally on some servers but most of the time it does not.

13. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I've tested rfmod above and no sound and talent files are installed, only CAR dir in vehicules.
    :::Edit:::
    I could installed this last mod without deleting GP79_alfa_0.1d.rfcmp and it works but I don't think that was an update...

14. Arnao

Arnao Registered

It's a RFMOD from Guy who only package new car files(ATS and Brabham) to have test on his server...
    It's not already released as RFCMP just waiting some feedback to know if you now can see all car in MP.
    Every one is pleased to test It...No need as Mydriaz already said to remove all 0.1d for now but for avoid mistake You have to Delete only the GP79_CAR folder in "mygamedata"\Installed\Vehicules before installing it.

EDIT:
    I will not release new one since Friday.
    I've already fix a lot of little issues on it:
    *I've try to host race and my MP issues was figured out cool and thanks a lot Guy.
    *Rename all tyres GMT for each car to avoid shuffle RIMS.
    *New 3DMax export with same "look" for each car.
    *Changed default SETUP for Break to 96% and steering lock to 29 for a kick go !!
    ADD
    *ATS & ARROWS
    *PowerSteering Upgrade sytem will now be effective for each car by changing NominalMaxSteeringTorque LEVEL3=13.5 LEVEL2=11.5 LEVEL1=9.5. Level1 have less assist so more ffb. Maybe that not the way to do this so it can may be change in future if you provide me some negative feedback.

So I will try to add another car before fryday but wich One ????

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The rfmod I created includes the cars (only the cars have to be packed up, not the other components) but not the tracks (stock, modern era ISI tracks and the 2 VLM tracks). There are 10 cars in this rfmod.

The server is up called GP79 Testing server and when Arnao updates I'll update (probably a couple days later- be patient!)

16. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

the other version of the ferrari

17. Arnao

Arnao Registered

The other version of ferrari is already here. Go to car choice click on tuning.
    You have "Power Steering", "Shifter style" and "Model". 3 choices for the ferrari if I remember T4, T4 slow and T3.
    Got an issue for all chassis upgrade. Wrong Skin is apply to them. I don't want to create anoter VEH for them now. ISI is about to released new skin system so I'm waiting it to do more on this.

Thanks

18. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

thanks than maybe the lotus

19. Arnao

Arnao Registered

I'm on it.

20. Led566

Led566 Registered

I'm by no means an expert but some rational advice comes to my mind:
    -should be OK to put the code lines from FR3.5 but NOT the values, from what I see on the FR3.5 lines they describe a Carbon or Carboceramic braking system so temperatures and torque, heating and cooling are completely different from the Alfa Romeo 179 brakes...so generally speaking try to use the numbers from the original file for everything and for BrakeResponseCurve, considering the optimal original value of 450°C (and 200° fade) try something like (-50,150,550,750), for example the rFtrainer use :
    BrakeResponseCurve=(-50,250,550,1000) // Cold temperature in Celsius (where brake torque is half optimum), min temp for optimum brake torque, max temp for optimum brake torque, and overheated temperature (where brake torque is half optimum)
    - Then BrakeGlow(500,800) since cast iron can't stand the insane temps reached by CCR:cool:
    - BrakeTorque: I would put the original value (2000) or little more that should be fair for a 1979 F1 car (3700 definitely too much)
    Take a look at the Brabham or EVE values could also be a good idea...LOLA mod: even better if the car weight is similar (600kg?).
    - BrakeTorqueAI : for AI there is no heat or fading effects on braking efficiency so put 90% of BrakeTorque should be fair.
    -braking is also affected by the code lines in the [CONTROLS] section of the .hdv:
    these are the lines from the rtrainer:
    RearBrakeRange=(0.300, 0.005, 61)
    RearBrakeSetting=30
    BrakePressureRange=(0.70, 0.02, 16)
    BrakePressureSetting=15

check these lines for inconsistencies.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013