GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Arnao

Arnao Registered

got this from my link too

2. zonder

zonder Registered

Sorry messed link should work now

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

4. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
  5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

So far, I got time to run a few at Sebring, finely car #22 Derek Daily would load. All I ran was Derek Daily, the whole field of 20 cars were "Derek Daily #22".
    I had no funny stuff with shadowy triangles during running or during replay.
    Will have to check other cars later. ( I did make sure all previous versions were gone, hope #22 was just a fluke and it could have been)
    Thanks for the update. #22 seemed a little tame, but I have never, ever been able to drive it before.

6. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Thank you once again. Just had time for a few laps in the Lotus 79 at Mills. Initial impression is the car seems a little more on the edge (in a good way.) Certainly my setup is now showing flaws with this new build. The car does feel much better in this new build. We're lucky for your dedication to this mod. It continues as one of my favorites.
    SW

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Good job with the cockpits! I'm still getting black screen with tyrell (even in spinner), and black ground flickering around Lotus 79. But I guess you already know this as I have mentioned it before :p

Could you please make the seats more adjustable forward? It feels like the drivers position is too far back, so my G27 doesn't fit in the cockpit like I want it to do. Actually the 3 screen option makes it better but with only one screen I think that is a bit too close (at least for me).

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1 and that should be done in all mods.....

9. Lo01

Lo01 Registered

thanks for the dream !!! i just hope the french track of Dijon Presnois and i will stay in the sky Arnao!!!... :)

10. Dale B

Dale B Registered

For me I have triple screens too, if I use the 3 screen option I feel like I'm sitting on the steering wheel and can't go back any further. When I use the 1 screen option I can get it just about right, I would like to be able to go back a bit more. I'm assuming FOV has a lot to do with it, I run anywhere from 28 - 32.

I took the Lotus out and it is beautiful, excellent job Zonder on the cockpits, this will truly be a gem when you get through all of them, just gorgeous. I also like the physic's change, the car doesn't have too much grip, still actually trying to dial it in, right now I'm getting some snap oversteer with the Lotus, more then likely it's my setup.

Keep up the great work all, thanks so much for all the time you guys are putting into this!

11. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Had time to run more laps and race the AI. I'm not sure what the flexible chassis does, but the cars are especially great to drive now. (Actually only driven Lotus and Tyrrell because why look at any other cockpits!) Unfortunately, as mentioned above, there are still graphical glitches. GP79 lies in a sweet spot: complete series, great physics, great graphics (in progress), and fun to drive and race.
    SW

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

This is the first time I have chosen a car to drive and the race settings automatically "only" assigns the car you picked in car selection.
    The "filter" in race settings only assigned your car as available AI.

Is this a bad setting within the mod itself? Anyone else changed car classes and the game only assigned your picked car as available AI to race?

Just wondering because I have never ran across this before. (this was the cause of #22 Derek Daily being all 20 cars on the track with me)

13. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Currently you can manually select opponents.
    SW

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Yes, I have mixed 'em up just for fun, but never had to mess with opponents (the last couple of builds), unless I was wanting to play with the opponents selected. (remember when you had to go and set the opponents because it remembered your last settings and didn't change after you selected a different mod to run?)

15. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Yep sorry for Opponent PBS.

Hoover ask me to have a specific class for GP79... Brabham79 for example used to load BT20 too if you choose it as opponent.
    Maybe I did something wrong with this release with AI CLASS system...
    You have to select 1979_Un before launching a race to have full 1979 pace...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  16. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Got strange shadows flickering/growing bigger on ground from outside some cars on LRP and on the new Fuji 1.04 I get white breakmarkers in some turns (tested with Corvette where there the markers were black again).
    No Blackouts on LRP and Fuji with Lotus.
    New full RF2 install, only GP79 as additional mod, new GF 680GTX 4GB

17. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for changing the class names to something more descriptive. I've now added the Wolf to rF2 Rank, can you provide a list of car class names?

All the best & keep up the good work!

Uwe

18. Arnao

Arnao Registered

CATEGORIE 1979_un
    CLASS:
    -GP79_Alfa
    -GP79_arrows
    -GP79_ATS
    -GP79_brabham
    -GP79_Ensign
    -GP79_ferrari
    -GP79_fittipaldi
    -GP79_kauhsen
    -GP79_ligier
    -GP79_lotus
    -GP79_mclaren
    -GP79_merzario
    -GP79_rebaque
    -GP79_renault
    -GP79_shadow
    -GP79_tyrrell
    -GP79_williams
    -GP79_wolf

I've looking on what I did wrong for class naming but can't find some info about Category Classes and AI classes.
    So for now... I've modify each VEH by adding:
    -
    Code:
    AIUpgradeClass=GP79_xxxxx
    -
    Code:
    Classes="1979_un, GP79_xxxxx"
    And change upgrade files with this lines...
    Code:
    UpgradeClass="GP79_xxxxx"
     {
     AIList
     {
     Model=0
     Model=1
     Model=2
     Model=3
       }
     }
    Maybe I did something wrong here and may have to do class for each chassis...
    Code:
    UpgradeClass="GP79_FERRARI_T4_1"
     {
     AIList
     {
     Model=0
    }
     }
    UpgradeClass="GP79_FERRARI_T4_2"
     {
     AIList
     {
     Model=1
     }
     }

UpgradeClass="GP79_FERRARI_T3_1"
     {
     AIList
     {
     Model=3
     }
     }

etc 
    etc
    Maybe it's better to wait to add 79 in your rank system Uwe...

If someone have good documentation about class system and AIupgradeclass he is welcome to share...

19. Arnao

Arnao Registered

We may have to ask to ISI what is going wrong with our mod...
    As an ATI user we did not managed to reproduce this issue so for now we are a bit stuck... It's certainly come from undershadow square we add on tyrrell and lotus but can't really see what we did wrong...maybe an option to tick in exporter.
    Hope we will get it soon...

20. samuelw

samuelw Registered

First of all the physics for this mod are outstanding. Second the new cockpits really look great and fix the one glaring fault in the original mod. However, at least for me, there are four serious bugs. I've mostly tested at Brianza where I've noticed the bugs. Cirrently I'm running a 60 deg FOwhich previouslt exacerbated the black screen bug on my system. My system specs are in my profile. 1. The black screen bug has morphed into a dark screen bug. I can almost eliminate the dark screens by moving the drivers seat back. However this does not look realistic and there is a loss of imersion. 2. Periodically my car slows qhile the AI continue on and drive away. This is new and I have yet to figure out a pattern. 3. As others have mentioned I see flickering polygonal shadows. 4. When overtaking sometimes the AI cars oscillate in size but not always.

GP79 is my favorite mod. I hope you can get it fixed.
    SW