GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. samuelw

samuelw Registered

IMHO REV9 is a step backwards from REV7 which I thought was pretty darn good unless you insist on a high FOV with the seat all the way forward. Heck the Lotus was perfect. With the Tyrrell at Brianza getting black screens left and right when using FOV of 60 even when alone on track. Setting seat back alleviates black screens in my quick test. New phenomenon are annoying pitch black oblongs extending from both Tyrrell and Lotus even at FOV of 50. Two interesting observations are: sometimes pausing during black screen removes the black screen while paused (not sure about scope of this); 2. Originally black screens occurred at entrance to Curve Grande, last build at the Lemos, and now everywhere at Brianza.

I know its frustrating trying to debug this but GP79 really looks good now and I must say it drives so well its replaced the Howstons for me. The Tyrrell cockpit especially looks tasty. Did you change the appearance for REV9? Thanks for everybody's work.

If there's anything in particular to be tested I'm sure myself and everyone else in the GP79 community would be glad to do what they can. (Unfortunately I have no moddding skills beyond testing.)
    Sam

P.S. I'm on build 300.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

hehe you right :)
    i wanted to sound friendly,but i guess i didnt.its hard for me to explain on english what i was trying to say
    25 y ago :)15 years ago was my last day in army :)

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm sorry to report that things has worsened... Cockpit looks even better, but black screen flickering is worse with REV9 than REV6 for me (have not tried anything there between). I'm getting it when moving head around/leaning head, and it didn't happen with REV6. And now I also have black flickering ground/track around the car. To make sure it's related to car, I have tried other GP79 car without problems. I'm getting the same black flickering ground in both build 300 and 339. I have also rebuilt my shaders but issue remains :(

Recorded a quick video to show what I mean. This happens to all tracks but only with tyrell. Both builds.

[​IMG]

4. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

arnao thx for this mod i didnt try it yet but i will
    sorry for this in your thread i didnt want to start anything,just to point some things where they belong :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  5. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Thanks Samuel and Hedlund
    Ok to me it's looking to be an another PBS...
    do you still get this sort of flikering ?? View attachment 10421 The one that bold your cockpit view ???

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes.

7. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Oh sorry didn't read you correctly...
    Thanks Hedlund

8. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I have the black screen problem with the Tyrell as well, AMD HD6950 2 gb user here. At least on Brianza, and 67 Spa I have it....

9. samuelw

samuelw Registered

With REV7 no black screen flickering with Lotus. With REV7 and Tyrrell can stop flickering by moving seat back, at least up to a FOV of 60. Another odd thing is that pausing during black screen gats rid of it until unpaused. REV9 is worse than ever wrt black screens as well as the black oblong shapes captured in Hedland's video/

SAm

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

My worst problem track with tyrrell is Ring Tourist, so I went straight to it.
    It has been 2 revisions since I had black screens while just driving. Last revision I had to hit guardrails in order to trigger black screens.

This revision, on first lap after about 3 min of driving I plowed into guardrail and had black screen, backed up got back on the road and I couldn't force a black screen again.
    This revision it is hard to force a black screen, the last revision it was easy to do.

I think it might be worth mentioning, when I use the term Black Screen, I'm talking about a totally black screen that lasts less than a second, I don't see anything on the screen. I've noticed others posting pics that are real dark yet you can see things in the dark. My black screens are similar to what you get when graphic drivers blank out, but these are different.

This revision is the best one so far for me. All the time I spent trying to force a black screen I had a total of two.
    I had no black screens during replays this time.

I certainly do feel for you zonder, I can't imagine the brain-twisting this is causing.

My screen resolution is 1360x768, I run a fov of 45. I do love what you've done with the cockpit on the Tyrrell.

11. zonder

zonder Registered

Thank You Jim,

Yes it twists my brain a little, Arnao have bigger input in troubleshooting that flickers as he knows much more about things how they work here so big Thanks to him for going sleep later than he plan usually :)
    So i Tried Brianza, Belgium and Ring with variety of settings, full grid for both Lotus and Tyrrell nothing for me :[ it looks like you guys are my eyes here.

To relax i got myself Lotus80 cockpit to texturing tomorrow:

[​IMG]

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Good looking Lotus!
    I'm beginning to wonder, if its mostly a problem with nVidia cards ( I have seen a few ATI posts) nVidia users are notorious for using nvidia inspector. ATI users probably have their favorite util.
    Anyway, I wonder if its some off the wall setting that we are using in those utils.
    I think it could be.
    If I get adventurous tomorrow, I may back up my inspector settings and try pure vanilla settings. Maybe I can turn something up. Maybe somebody might beat me to it.
    It could even be some of these new souped up recent graphic driver versions. Million dollar question--- what the heck is the answer.

You have to see a little humor in it though, this revision is the best so far for me, and others it is the worst. Go figure.

*you know, I am running driver 331.40, but there is Rise of Flight and with that I still always can go back to version 296.10 as a stable fall back driver. (new ones are not always the best)

13. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

Hi Guys

I completed a 15 lap run with both the Lotus and Tyrrell, at Brianza and Sebring. I did not experience any black outings. Though, I am running the Rev7 update. My GUI is the Nvidia GTX 560: I haven't updated my drivers as of yet. I am still using 327.23 drivers.

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

Tried rev 9 at Nords 0.97a but the CPU read out shows the purple spikes all the way to the right, which means my physics are out of time or something. My CPU is not maxed out though, nowhere near. Tried 3 or 4 other car sets at Nords 0.97a, ISI and third party mods, they were all fine. Tried this mod, GP79 0.42 rev 9, at other tracks - no problem.

15. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Yep got it too...
    Same for Belgium track with full grid...
    Belgium is ok for me with less or egal than 10 AI...
    I didn't test more than that Nords...

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Can this cause the "slow motion" bug? Because I'm getting it with all GP79 cars at new Nords 0.97a. Build 300 and 339.
    Looks like I'm driving 10 km/h when I'm driving 100 km/h. No problems with other mods.

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I installed REV6 again because it worked better for me. I can't remember if I ever tried the Lotus with REV6, but now when I did, I noticed I'm getting black screen with this car too!

First I was using default seat position, but in this car, that is too far back, so I changed cockpit view to "3 screens" to have a more correct seat position. With this view, I'm getting black screen flickering, just like with Tyrell.

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Jeepers, Hedlund, you coulda went the rest of the month without posting that.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Fresh install of new build 342... Installed GP79 and updated to REV6. No black screens except when crashing hard into the wall. No black screen when driving and looking around. No black screen when using low FOV with Lotus.

I have no idea what is happening... First I was using build 300 + REV6= still blackscreens, then I tried unstable build 339 + REV6= barely no black screens, then 339/300 + REV9= black screens and black flickering ground in both builds, so back to REV6 and no black screens except with low FOV. And NOW build 342= no black screens regardless FOV, only when crashing hard into the wall :confused: :confused:

Just wanted to let you guys know. REV6 and build 342 is working really good for me. Would be interesting to know how it works for other people?

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

what is this "REV" thing?