GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Guys found what would seem a failure, I'm not sure ... but I would like to try it out. in Nords when I leave pit..., my car moving as slow motion, able to install something wrong (?), but as I did not see if you have already posted this mishap was the communicate, excuse my English ;)

2. hoover

hoover Registered

I have the same slowdown effect, if you watch the gpu / cpu graphs the bottom one goes really wonky (also on Nordschleife)

I'm also seeing the triangular black flickering shadows when the AI cars pass me.

Uwe

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, I have also noticed the "slow motion bug" at Nordschleife. Feels like driving 10 km/h when going 100 km/h ;)

As it seems, this only happens with the new cockpits. I can't say for sure, but it happened with both Tyrell and Lotus, and when I tried with one of the other cars (old cockpits), it worked as it should.

4. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Got slow motion too still first released with 29 AI on Belgium66 track... limit of 10 AI has no more slow motion effect... I really do not know where it come from... Maybe too much different car so too much Physics to be calculed or too much differents textures to load...

For triangular things It's maybe from new way we have done shadow. Maybe we used a wrong texture for the shadow plane.

Thanks guys for report and help

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

With the small problems, it is still a mighty FINE mod. I'm sure things will get fixed. Nords is also an un-optimized WIP. Lots of calculations going on.

6. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Is like Hedlund says on the cockpits. but just try with those who are not update, and while walking quite well...for moments like that is put into slow motion in very short periods, in different sectors of the track

7. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi,

I need someone to test a quick update to see if "flickering polygonal shadows" are still there ???
    I 'll PM you a quick update link !!

Edit: The only strange things I got is this strange black mark that you can see on ground !!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
  8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Ran Brianza, both cars, each model. In driving and replay, did not see any anomalies.
    Ran 4 laps each.
    GeForce 650 TI Boost 2Gig.

Looking good on my setup.

OT - Had it happen twice where car bodies locked inside of each other. Once for each test model.
    I've had all open wheelers lock wheels occasionally, but this instance was "chassis" not wheels.

9. samuelw

samuelw Registered

maybe setting pre-rendered frames to 1 stops slow down. Works so far for me with fingers crossed. Nordschleif running smooth with pre-rendered frames set to 0. Someone on this board suggested this some time ago. Seems to help with dark screens 2.
    sw

10. Arnao

Arnao Registered

GP79_CAR_V0.432_fix.rfcmp

-SHADOW ISSUE WITH TYRRELL 009 AND LOTUS 79 ARE FIXED
    -BT49 CHASSIS FLEX ERROR IS FIXED...

This do not fix TYRRELL BLACK SCREEN FLICKERING FOR SOME NVIDIA USER

Install:
    You need to have GP79_UNRESTRICTED 0.43 INSTALLED

-Copy fix into your package folder
    -Update GP79_CAR

Any feedbacks are welcome

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Cheers. :)

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It appears to be the same file I already have, is that true??

13. Arnao

Arnao Registered

No Jim sorry it's a new one

BT49 was not fixed in your

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Okay, now downloading...Thanks

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

Glad to see this project still on going, have they had any physics etc updates for rf2 since 1st launch for rf2 ??

16. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi Adrian,

For sure it has evolved... Scratch made tires from Lemming77, chassis flex... +some add to engine but I need to redo them all
    Scratch cockpit From Zonder are really cool add too for GFX part(Lotus 79 & 80, Rebaque, Tyrrell).

But it may be better to test it no ???

Ari Antero is hosting this mod. SERVER name is -GP79 UNRESTRICTED-. He will change track each week.

Thanks a lot to him.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great thanks Arnao,

Yes I'll give a try! Thanks

18. Dale B

Dale B Registered

I was running this mod off line with the full complement of 79 mod cars. I ran these at the latest version of Nordschleife Tourist(n I believe), ran it with the Tyrrell, Lotus and the Brabham and no black screens, no slow down, the cars just ran great. Love the new tires and feel of the cars, enjoying these quite a bit, keep up the great work!

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There is some cool general information about ride height/underbody downforce "ground effects"/rake in the GP79 mod manual on pages 53-55. Some really interesting general information throughout the entire manual, not just on the history, but technical stuff about all the different cars and such as well, how they're driven and setup tips, etc. The manual came out like 7 years ago, probably the best manual I have ever seen for a game, let alone a free mod.

http://speedy.sh/grgGd/gpmanual101.pdf

20. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Yep Really great Info There... Thanks a lot GPC Team for their really great work...

Gpmanual101.pdf