fps? it is always worse!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, May 24, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It's really sad when things are getting worse !:(
    I have said several times that I'm satisfied with my HD7950, but in the last 2 day's and after the last update I'm really pissed!
    When I have purchased my HD7950, it was( is) a top GPU and I was happy with this video-card performance with rfactor 2 !

I was running a tripple screen setup (5792*1080p) with every thing on max and with road and environment reflections ON, HDR-ON, sun occlusion-ON......... I was getting, really good performance/fps, let's say between 60-80fps and I was hoping that with time and updates, the performance would get better and better! I thought, maybe with rfactor 2 optimization , I will reach 80-100fps , but again I was wrong and with every update I started to lose performance and fps, from 60-80 to 65-50, 60-45..............and the last update gave the final blow! now I have only 20-40 fps and I had to downgrade all my graphic parameters on medium-low and turn off all the filters, HDR, AA.....no road reflections, no environment reflection........

So,I went from having 60-80 fps/all the graphic parameters on max and with all graphic filters turned ON, to only 20-40fps and with all graphic parameters on medium-low and all graphics filters turned off!

Now someone will tell me 'that my video card is not powerful enough for 3 screens, but I would answer saying that my GPU 5-6 months ago was fine, so it isn't about my GPU, but it's about rfactor 2 optimization that went bad!!:(

Now I ask you, what should I expect from rfactor 2?
    Do I need to buy another video card?

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

What i have noticed is that the new ISI cars use higher texture resolutions of interiors maybe even exteriors (not totally sure but it certainly looks so) if i compare interior of Megane and Chevrolet, for me it deffinetly looks better in chevrolet
    I suppose i will be the same with the new tracks (not only ISI ones)
    Altho you are not the only one complaining about significant FPS loss after the new build has come out, i must say i do not have such issue, its is true that my system runs rFactor2 maxed out very easily, i observe no difference (i do run only one screen tho)

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Personally I assume with each build things might have changed in such a way that I need to re-do the whole routine of trial and error to maximize the latest build. could be anything really.

So far that has worked for me. I am kinda forced with my current rig, maybe I would not do it when I had a high-end pc. but it does do the trick for me in figuring out what I need now to optimize the sim.

4. coops

coops Banned

i said the same thing then ate my words forgot to restore my nvidia (graphic ) settings. try that and see.

5. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

that doesnt sound right... thats huge drop ... my other pc has a 7970 and i ran it before my gtx 690 showed up...

what drivers are you using... i noticed the beta drivers as in the 13.3 catalyst with the opengl update solved a lot of problems for me but that was before i built this pc... 13.4 or 13.5b?

6. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I hate iRacing, but with iR i have 120-140fps with this GPU!

8. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't low performance with AMD cards a common and known issue?

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes, it is!
    Ps: GTX680 costs almost 900$ here in Israel!

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

wow...consider taking a trip outside the country with plenty of money spare to bring back a *souvenir* for the same net cost.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Not sure why you are having the issues. I run a 6950 and I am able to run triple monitor with pretty much everything maxed out and I get very smooth frame rates. The last track I tested on was Sebring and that was the only one I have run since a new install of the latest build, but smooth frame rates are what you should be after anyways, not 100+ fps though 100+ would be nice too. :)

My ccc settings are all default and my game settings are 5800 X 1080, multi-view on, most graphic options in game max with some being high for shadow and no crowd or environment movement. I also have no vsync enabled. I will run it later tonight and see what my actual fps is, but I think it sits around 50 most of the time.

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

It is perfectly fine. Almost no differences that would cause your card to suddenly run bad.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

A bull**** question, Simvibe could be the cause of this fps dropp?!

14. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I have the HD7950 and I had a good fps boost with this build. Maybe with all of your complaining about rF2, you got a karma payback :D

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The 7950 is quite a bit stronger than the 6950 jpalesi and the newer drivers are being developed to optimize the 7XXX cards specifically so there is no real comparison there.

16. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I have not noticed any drop in frame rate with the new build, I use a a 7970. Did you change anything at all around the same time?

17. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

Same in Brasil, about US$ 900 - US$ 1000.

18. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

As a general rule of thumb, I think everybody should turn off road and environment reflections.

It will greatly increase performance regardless of your system specs.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Mirrors are massive FPS eaters for me, I changed the rearview clipping plane but only gained a few FPS, theres a 10+ difference between on and off with default values. I have Environment Reflections off but quite like Road Reflections so deal with that, also the obvious one that a lot of people miss is Visible Cars, you dont really need to have 20 visible, 8-12 should be just fine.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

I don`t seem to notice much fps gain when I turn mirrors off though... funny how they eat fps for some and not others.