Formula Two Discussion

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by HumanZob, May 20, 2013.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Awesome guys. I will try that out when I get home. Good stuff.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx guys, I will be testing those settings and more.

I reported this issue but now am almost convinced its just this F2 car. I don't get it with other cars, no matter how much I abuse them. for me its almost a gamebreaker as it is now.

which is sad as we are going into our own F2 event this week and are even discussing if we could do a series with it for our league.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay so I tested these new settings; steering resistence coefficient and saturation. The cars I tried was F2 and FR3.5.

The F2 car is a lot better to drive with these settings, no doubt. Feels heavier, and more controllable. Still though...
    It is just so weird in corners! I brake for the turn; turn in; on application of throttle, even the slightest, the car just starts skidding on the front wheels.
    FFB is rattling like crazy and the car is understeering like crazy, and it almost feels like the front tyres are not in contact with the road.

But to sum up; the two edited parameters in the .ini works wonders still. Plus editing throttle and brake sensitivity to around 70 % makes the car even better to drive. Main problem is still exiting corners and the overall noise of the FFB. Awful in my opinion.

The FR3.5 however... WOW WOW WOW WOW!! Oh I'm sat with the biggest grin on my face right now, after trying out the new coefficient and saturation settings. What a complete beauty this car is to drive now. It feels so crazy nice when turning into corners, I can barely believe it. Oh man this car just went straight to the top on my list of fav rF2 cars. Can't wait to try the FISI... :)

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Do you run with Tyre Wear on? If so test it with it off .

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah I do actually, and quite a high wear rate on top of that. Hmm.. I'll give it go later on with no wear.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Maybe my setup is a bit messed up? I'll try out the default setup next time around.

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Welcome to the world of flatspots :)

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Well, we did an event with this car just now, one week in practise and club races and the main event tonight. (Silverstone)

And I gotta say, the more we practised and shared settings/experiences the better it became. we where able to iron out some issues with the default setup causing the above mentioned problems with slow turns/2nd gear/turbo.
    Up to a point where those changes not only gave us seconds in pace but also enabled us to manage the car much better.

The 'issue' still remains, (too) easy to spin at low speed but not as horrible as it was before.

Consequently I am publicly announcing this car is frigging awesome :)
    So much so we think we finally found 'our' car to use in the league. if we can fix this though.

For anyone interested:
    View attachment F2 JPH1B Silverstone Rik.svm

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I'd like to try the set-up, but it doesn't download...?

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It just downloads in one second, it's very quick.

11. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

This is my F2 setup if anyones intrested

12. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

Pretty good job Denstjiro, the wheel spin almost disappear and I can push more and more now !

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No, it gives a prompt to download "attachment.php" instead of the .svm file.

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

15. Domi

Domi Registered

The graph only tells us about the self aligning torque from the tire, but as far as I know, you have to consider the mechanical trail (which can be altered via caster). If this is 0, then your graph describes FFB exactly, and if you ever try it in game it feels awful. In my opinion the problem with the F2 is most likely related to caster/mechanical trail.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

17. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Really like these cars. you get used to the steering. Would anyone please tell me what the various track conditions do? I guess they affect horsepower? Which one is the fastest?
    SW

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not sure what you mean. Rubber conditions? weather?

19. samuelw

samuelw Registered

In the tuning menu for the cars there is an option called track conditions. Under track conditions are options for standard dry track, Silverstone, Algrave, Nurburgring, Monza, Paul Ricard, and others. The notes say each condition has different air density, humidity ect. On my rig the tuning menu is really slow to load so my experimentation as to the effect of each track condition is incomplete, but so far I have not detected any significant differences. This can't be right.
    SW

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  20. sg333

sg333 Registered

I tried the low downforce config in the tuning menu, and ran at Silverstone, but the car has ZERO rear grip, and loops around even going in a straight line. Is anyone using this wing for the current ISI server? I've seen people in the 1.42s so I'm guessing those are running low downforce?