Formula Two Discussion

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by HumanZob, May 20, 2013.

1. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

Hi !

First, I have to say that I love this car. So much fun to drive. I've don't see thread about this car so I open this one.

The car is very good, but especially in 2nd gear and slow corner the engine seems very random about the power it give to rear wheels. I mean, when I down shift from 3rd to 2nd it seems like the engine brake appear suddenly and lock my rear wheels a bit and I just lose the rear suddenly when entering in the corner. And if can recover or just the engine working good in the entry, when exiting the corner and give a little bit of power to gain grip, even if I push just a very little bit the throttle, the engine can give randomly to much power and I lose the rear.

So, It's not about down shifting to fast, I do it good and when exiting it's not about accelerating to fast because even if I do it lately and gently, I can just lose the rear. And setup don't change it, so I think this is from the engine (who cannot setup).

Did you feel that about the car guys ? Or I am the other one to pray each time I go through a slow corner to not lose the rear

2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Sounds like the difference between 2nd and 3rd gear is to big. Setup the 2nd gear a bit longer and it should behave more balanced...

Off course just my 2 cents

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I want only say that I love this car too : it's my favorite car with The Megane and the Clio...because I have lot of fun, driving them.

4. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

The gears are somewhat set. You don't have many options in terms of tuning the ratios.

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This is my favourite open-wheel car in rF2 by far. Comfortable to drive within the limits but challenging when pushed. Fast but not too fast. A very balanced car.

Can't wait for the update.

6. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

Also enjoy this car quite a bit - comparatively easy to setup too!

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Totally agree.

Not sure about this. Probably depends on the track as well.

Well, I know I definitely don't pray... :)
    Lately I've been doing lots of laps in the Lime Rock Park track, the no-chicanes variant, and despite being a really short track, it is sooo much fun to drive. I love it.

I've just recorded a 0:39.7 there and yesterday I thought my absolute best would be around 0:43 :)
    F2 is a great car, I'm also learning to set it up. Asymmetrical setups do wonders on the grip and feeling when driving.

8. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

Well cosimo, I was speaking about slow corners, off course at Lime Rock Park No-Chicanes, or in mid or high speed corners in general, there is no problem with the rear, you can feel it very good because of the downforce and you can control the rear. At slow speed the FFB is very light and even a little push on the throtle could put me out.

About asymmetrical, I'm not absolutly sure about that, but IRL it is not allowed in FIA open wheelers series. Only symmetrical setup is allowed. But if I'm wrong tell me please, I will setup it asymmetricaly and will be faster ahah :D

9. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

I love this car also ... I hope they don't screw with it at all when they take it to 1.4x version :)

10. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"I hope they don't screw with it at all when they take it to 1.4x version"

+1

11. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

Why would they? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Ce genre de voiture réagit souvent comme ça, je pense. La F BMW de LFS est semblable. C'est très important de rétrograder en ligne droite ou à très bas régime. I find quite fun and challenging, to be honest.

13. DaniloJF

DaniloJF Registered

Try to lower your throttle sensitivity it will give you more precision and feeling when you have to aply very little gas. I dont think its the engine thats giving more power than normal.

Also remember this car is Turbo, so torque should be pretty high at low revs, and that also increases wheelspin.

14. skovby

skovby Registered

After the release of the latest version (1.41) the FFB is week and feels very strange. Is it just my hardware or is it a general issue?

15. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I really want to like this car, but I simply can't. The steering never feels right and I still haven't found a solution.

I'm probably just subconsciously disappointed that this isn't the rF3 from the original rFactor. :(

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I didn't use the F2 at LRP until both were in the 1.4x state, so can't say if this is new or was always there. Is it normal/realistic/expected for the front of the car to fly up in the air coming over the big ridge? It's especially bad with the default set-up.

17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Yes it's been discussed a few times. Looks like it's realistic and it's expected. You have to release the throttle just before the "jump" :)

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hmmm...

Is the overboost implemented on this car? I mean, can we map the "Temporary Boost" button in the sim? I have it done, but seems to have no effect. I can get a horn to honk, though ;)

19. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

It is not, unfortunately. Sounds like it would be fun. :)

20. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

Maybe the core physics will improve in the future, maybe it's something that the car is missing. The good news is the "template" of the car is pretty nice, maybe with some future adjustments the car feels a little different when applying power.