FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

2. tjc

tjc Registered

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That means that the best driver of Formula 2 tested rF2 and consider car to be good, I mean he won the championship, he is the best driver in that series, really great achievement for Luciano and I'm sure few guys at ISI marketing are very happy, they can advertise by saying Formula 2 champion has helped in development of Formula 2 car, that adds bit more weight again to such advertising phrases :)

4. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Indeed.
    Hope he can get a good sports car ride.

5. martymoose

martymoose Registered

And in related news, Codemasters test driver Anthony Davidson has recently won a test with Nintendo's "Mario Kart" for his excellent work with the recent f1 titles. ;)

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

lol :D

7. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Using torque filter 8 on my G27, F2 has FFB weight of a mini, but F3.5 feels like a semi!!.
    F2 also comes with disconnected FFB as well for grins!

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

try Jason78's camber settings, change front to 2.1 & back to 1.5, could help the feel, did for me.

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

It does help, certainly, but you're still left with steering that feels extremely light compared to every other car in the game including the other modern day open wheelers. I find the FFB to be every bit as informative as with the other cars though.
    I'd like to know why it feels so much lighter than the Formula Renault and Formula ISI.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

The new 2012 F2 does feel very light in the ffb department but hopefully this`ll change with future updates.

:)

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Is it possible that the real F2 feels light as well? If this is the case, I wouldn't change a thing on it.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I suppose Luciano Bacheta obviously knows what he`s talking about but it does seem to be a little light in the ffb "feel" department...

13. You mean F -2.1 & R -1.5! ;)

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

It is possible, yeah, so its either that much lighter than other open wheelers in real life and ISI have simulated this well or it isn't lighter (or not that much anyway) and ISI have got it wrong.
    I wonder which it is? Will an update change the 'weight'?
    Of course, if it wasn't so brilliant to drive, I wouldn't care!

15. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Change the castor on any other car to the same as the F2 and see what it feels like then.

16. osella

osella Registered

Don't be such a pussy, the guys in prewar period ran up to +6 on fronts :p

[​IMG]

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So funny you mentioned this I was just looking at pre-war videos last night, the positive caster looks hilarious lol

Maybe in 100 or 200 years if we're still around and automobiles with some sort of tyres are still around, they will be using positive caster again due to massive differences in the design and requirements.

Ive noticed that many things in life happen to go in cycles.

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This. The castor doesn't mean much to a sim racer except the strength/action of the FFB which can be adjusted through software anyway.. When you are really in that car the castor means the difference in being able to steer the car with massive tires at 150mph and losing your forearms 20 minutes into a race. So of course the castor is low and of course it feels wrong via FFB when it is right.

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I think the only reason they had positive caster on those was because they were using king pin front suspension on a beam basically so they couldn't adjust it. I would imagine that they had issues with the cars overturning with that setup as well.

20. LOL! I don't know what makes me believe those guys had huge bollocks!!! ;)