[REL] F1 Classics Open Beta v0.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

this mod and the great work you are doing with other mods, will be payed in future?
    Im asking that because payed mods seems to me with physics dumbed (not exactly down) to a common sense of certain kind of community (like that thing about new hondas civic and if rollovers are believable or not. and now an update on this matter).

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hi there, thanks for the feedback! We had desired to do complete seasons but we don't have enough modder 3D artists who are willing to model open wheelers, let alone those years. Right now we only have two open wheel artists, Raymond Schram and Koen Calleyl. The development of a full season mod in the quality we strive for takes about 12 - 15 months to develop. That is a very long development timeframe with just two people. Of course if I get more artists in the future for the modding side wanting to do F1 cars of these years or others, I'll gladly bring them on board. Also any other group that wishes to collaborate and share content into the mod, we'd be happy to have them on board.

For now however, its hard to say if there ever will be or won't be. My desire is for there to be, but currently, we cannot do so with the lack of artists on the modding side.

Hi there. We do not create paid mods and don't plan to anytime soon. If anyone likes our work, they are free to donate to our game project via our forums. Though we will be opening our game website and campaign soon so people can support us that way and get something more out of it too.

Even our own content like IFS3 series and others coming will be free on rF2. We do not have anything against paid mods but we hope that the more we provide free mods, the more support we'll get for our own game. :)

3. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

It seems a good idea. Like promoting the artists instead selling his work, i think.
    Sry the english. Thank you for your explanation.

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I'm wondering, how will active suspension be handled and does ISI have any official plans on properly supporting that?