[REL] F1 Classics Open Beta v0.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Good to know. Another good reason to keep skipping cars from that season. :)
    Thanks.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Completely agree.

Big +1

3. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Looking VERY forward to this !! Thanks to MAK Corp for all of their work, past, present and future !!

4. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Thanks team.
    Glad you ignore the whiners and just do your own thing. Release it when you are ready and when your personal lives allow.
    I am sure there are many of us who appreciate what you do.
    We should probably be as vocal as the whiners so you know we are here and appreciate your effort

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Derek, may I ask what tires will be used for this particular '94 car? Did you create tires from scratch for thew F3 mod or are the revised ISI tires?

6. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

And its for all of you who appreciate what we do that makes us continue doing it. No point wasting time on whiners, we just concentrate on what we're doing to get it out. I don't like giving up on any of the work we do. The 1994 cars have always been close to my heart but alas the years didn't allow us to have a solid team onto it as our main guy worked on the 07 and 08 mod and we didn't find anyone else with the desire to help on 1994 and for a full season to be done by one guy, that's quite an insane amount of work. We do have a good number of cars from 1994 though as well as other seasons so we'll show those as they get done. For me, recently we've been able to upgrade them to the standards we use today for the modding side so I took the opportunity to do that. I hate it when models stay on a HDD doing nothing but I also don't like releasing stuff that isn't quality. A double edged sword you might say. :p

In any case, things are going well and we're happy that cars are getting done. :)

7. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

The F3 tires are done from scratch, though we do look at the ISI tires that are comparable as far as construction, though the geometry of the nodes is all done according to tire spec. We do have an update for those ones to work better with the chassis flex we added, we're just waiting on some things first. As far as this one goes, it'll be the same principle, look at comparative ones for make up as far as construction compound, redo the geometry to be more in line with what we need and go from there. There will be different tires for 94 as well as the other years we include.

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

This is amazing, a guy who makes disinterestedly a great mod (mods) for free, for everyone and he must be give explanations for what he do? Petros, you are a gentleman, if it was me i send everyone to hell (with repeated insults) :)

9. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Wow, I guess you guys must be one of the few who understand the tire model enough to model your own's. Are the real-time models also altered ISI's or similar to a certain ISI tire?

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Looks really awesome, makes me wish for some more tracks to go with it.

11. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

Same idea, we look at what ISI has for a given type of tire, and, since the model isn't fully implemented yet to my knowledge, if there is something thats universal across all their tires, then we keep that, but yea we do change things to suit what we're doing for our tires.

12. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Those cars look amazing! Great work.

13. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The F1 Classics v0.1 Beta is now live! Merry Christmas to you all, enjoy! Be sure to read the full article HERE

You can check the first post of this thread to get direct links also.

Enjoy!

14. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Really!! it's available right now:)

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Screenie time...

:cool:

16. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Kiss me. Right now.
    :)

17. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Wow, now this is a major surprise! Just as I was about to go to bed too...work is going to be rough tonight, but I can't wait to try this out. Petros, I tip my hat to you and your team. You guys and the work you do are amazing. Thank you!

Edit: This car is FUN!!! Looks great, sounds great, feels great...simply fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  18. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thank you very much, and a Merry Christmas to you and your families in return.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

19. boxer

boxer Registered

93 one of my favorite cars of all time...
    Great work just like your other mods..:cool:

Thanks an Merry Christmas to all your team.

20. Oh! that feels so freaking good Petros, that's a top mod man.

The Nords straight feels so good man, the immersion of speed and movement left me flinching on the 5 lap when my rear tyres went off :D