[REL] F1 Classics Open Beta v0.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 31, 2013.

1. philman

philman Registered

Thanks for this Christmas gift.

2. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Thank you for this mod. Only had time for brief fling at Portugal. The cars look good and drive good. Lots of grip means you just mess up at a higher speed:).
    sw

3. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Awesome, Petros and crew (Mak Corp). Happy holidays to y'all, too ;-)

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Santa...itching to get home and drive these..

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Glad you like it mate! We worked extensively on this to make sure it gets out before x-mas and its really testament to the hard work the guys have put in so its good to see you all enjoying it. :)

6. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I know it's an v0.1 only and you're probably already aware, but two observations from 30 seconds of driving:

-The seat doesn't seem to be able to be put back far enough, and I'm not able to see my mirrors properly on my standard 40º FOV.
    -The AI can't seem to drive the '94 car properly and locks its brakes at almost every corner.

Apart from that, wonderful start... such a joy to drive. Merry Christmas!

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tx Petros :)
    Happy Hollidays

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I agree on the seat.

What track were you on? I was on Sebring modified with the 94 cars and they almost never locked up.

9. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

I think the locking up issue is just to do with the AI not being fully calibrated yet. We wanted to get this out to the public for the holidays, so some things are certainly not fully finished, especially considering its a 0.1 build. The feedback will certainly be looked at and we'll do the best we can to fix issues such as the seat adjustment range and things of the sort.

10. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Cheers for what looks like a great mod!

I experienced a problem with the Force Feeback that I'd like to report.
    I had the same problem (but much less) with the F3 mod too.

Basically what happens is that as soon as I step out in the pit lane, my wheel (T500) starts rattling very strongly.
    I can steer and brake, but rattling won't stop. It stops when I exit the pit lane and come into the main track.

However (and here's the difference with the F3 mod), this time the rattling continued also on the main straight.
    This was at Monza modern track.

I only tried that one track so far.

11. jepeto

jepeto Registered

Is there a list from cars, to je updated un futur ??
    Thanks fort this work, an heappy christmas

12. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

We have a list of cars that are done and we're prepping for rF2, but this list is private and we just plan to showcase and/or release the cars spontaneously as we have done so to keep it a surprise. There will be times we will show cars some time prior to releasing them in updates, and other times we will just surprise with a new car in the update. We feel this is better as a whole for everyone. Announcing things too quickly can backfire if something happens and it doesn't work out as planned, the community can bite heads off for that. But we also don't want to keep everything secret, when some cars get to near completion stage, we will release some info/news on them. :)

13. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

very nice models.

as with the mazda, the ffb is wheel breakingly hard, even at .5 setting

also noticed some odd shadow behaviour on new loch drummond

great start though! thanks guys

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The car looks and sounds great :) Thank you very much. First drive today at Loch Drummond and Silverstone... and some thoughts:
    - I was locking up the brakes all the time while testing and I wonder if the brakes are meant to be this strong? I decreased brake power to 88% but still I can never use more than 40% (or even less) of my brake pedal at any speed.
    - While understeering in high/medium speed corners, I could increase steering input so that smoke came from the front tires, but still I had increased grip and the car turned in better. I had expected the opposite, more understeer?

:)

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thank you very much for these great cars : very good for me (ffb and physics) ...but the AI are a little "crazy" :) and some bugs when the car touches the edge of the circuit ("vibreurs" in French, I don't know the word in English) in some places.

Thank you again!

16. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

17. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Gave the mod a go a while ago. It's nice. I realize it's only a 0.1 build, and in that frame of mind I'm going to offer some opinions/suggestions. Here are some thoughts:

Graphics
    - I really like the texturing you've done on the interior of the vehicle. The steering wheel looks like alcantara leather, I like it. : )

- The exterior could use some work with what I'm going to call shadow banding. While watching the cars in replay mode I noticed blurred black striping on the vehicles at times. Sorry I can't be more specific, maybe I'll give it a go at some point over christmas and take a screenshot to show. But I likely won't have time.

- Reflection mapping will really help things look good when/if it is implemented.

Physics

- This thing locks up super easy, not sure if that is intended.

- It also has kind of amazing grip even at low speeds (with reasonable throttle use). Not sure if that is intended.

- Power is unruly (slide inducing) seemingly at almost any speed. Not sure if that is intended.

Really looking forward to seeing this mod progress. Great work so far!

18. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

which car has amazing grip? remember in 93 they had all sorts of driver aids and fun things, yet the 94 cars were a bit more twitchy due to that all being removed. one thing to remember is F1 cars, especially the older ones, aren't easy to drive out of the box, but once you're able to drive it they have massive amounts of grip and performance right up until they cross that edge.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The more I drive it, the more I like it. Using 80% brake power atm and still locking up too much :p
    But quite often this happens:

When I turn in, the car suddenly spins and it looks really wierd when watching replay. Look at front tires in slow-motion, how they creating skid marks but not the rear tires... It's like they suddenly find a huge amount of grip that makes the car spin around.

I also find it helpful to keep a small amount of throttle while braking (pretty much all the time), because otherwise I'll loose the rear and car spins around when shifting down to 2nd or 1st (not overrevving). I don't know how these cars are meant to drive but it feels quite strange. Is there anything I can do to the setup? I've tried some various settings for engine brake map and diff lock and coast but so far nothing helped.

:D

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

been online for a stint with the 93,

dropped to 60% brakes to help with the locking, that car is a total blast

tyres smoke quite a lot, im not sure they should be so easy to smoke.

loved the feeling of speed, once i understood the FFB i had a lot fun

tried the 94 for a few laps afterwards and it was more twitchy, i found it a bit harder to drive but only did a handful of laps.

excellent stuff!