Expectations for next Build?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mibrandt, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I really don't know why but I chuckled at that. weird.

2. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Much faster track load.

I do a lot of testing with differentes conditiones and often i enter/exit a track to change them. And every load takes ages, especially first one of course, but the rest aren't much faster.

Join/rejoin a server takes a lot of time too.

Graphics are fine to me, i don't expect miracles. Didn't like HDR and it have to change a lot for me to use it...

Better replays, better online stability, rain effects...the usual.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Just one, usability on AMD's but i doubt it will happen soon. My enthusiasm is already dead, the hopes are on the way to.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... are we going to get animated feet before we can set the weather separately for each of the practice sessions, and qualifying sessions, and warmup? Or adjust the rubber/wetness rate? Good stuff...

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Well I imagine the 3D artist doesn't do that specific stuff and it would be pointless stopping him doing his stuff because of it :)

6. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

SP has lag too. not only MP

7. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

What you're referring to isn't lag, it's probably stuttering / low fps. Lag occurs when the data traffic between the server and client is heavily delayed or when data packages get lost ("packet loss"). Results are warping cars and/or other forms of desynced multiplayer experiences.

Input lag is something else, it simply means that your inputs are processed way too late / after some delay. That can happen in both singleplayer and multiplayer of course. :)

Looking forward to higher draw distances for shadows! We definitely need to get rid of those floating cars in the background sometime. :)

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

2. ISI server on every continent would be nice as well.

3. Next track better be Historic !

hehehe

Why worry hey , from earliest Builds I just imagine what may be possible in 2 years time after Gold.
    Since there is no Gold and we have not reached a bug free zone the clock has not even started imo.

rFactor modders still produce top models after 8 years, ie: Honda NSX.

What does that say for rF2 prospects. :)

People sometimes seem to forget bugs overcome and features added in rFactor well after release.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well done, so right

10. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

What I would love is:

Graphics

Environmental shaders/Improved shaders.
    Part of the reason rFactor 2 doesn't live up to people's expectations is that geometry is visually simple and textures are flat. If they implement better shaders to help geometry and textures then the game will suddenly look massively better.

Improved Lighting
    This is part 2 of the graphics equation in my opinion. Currently lighting falls flat, even if you have HDR on. HDR does improve things, but even so, it doesn't have the lighting system it should to make the assetts look good.

UI

Improvements to Useability
    I'm not even sure where to start with the game UI. But it needs help. To new users (and even old) it's an un-intuitive maze. Someone over at ISI needs to sit down with a UX professional and really map out a better menu system and UI.

Clarity of Configurations
    Configurable options are plenty in this sim, but its too hard to find what you want to change. And the things that are there are often poorly/not described, so it's incredibly difficult to know what to change to get the result you want.

Content

Tracks
    I would love to see a few more Silverstone GT/GP style tracks come into the mix. European, North American, South American, whatever.

Cars
    I know there is a backlog of confirmed vehicles, but I'd like to see some fresh inclusions. I'm a GT guy, so I'd love to see some ISI GT cars from some European manufacturers.

What I expect is:

Bug Fixes
    I'm sure there will be various bug fixes. This is good and needed.

Backend improvements
    I'm sure these will be in there too. This is good and needed.

Minor Graphics Tweaks
    Undoubtedly we'll get some changes in this manor. Like the last build where reflections and dust got some love. Again, good and needed.

Miscellaneous other fixes and tweaks
    Same as all prior.

11. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I meant lag in SP because I'm driving with AI and suddenly my car is in slow motion(almost stop) for a while and then back to normal way ahead where I was before. this is what I call lag like in MP.
    This did never happened in previous builds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

@ MapleHamwich.......ambitious, but I agree with everything you wrote.

13. rhamm

rhamm Registered

More whinging, whining, wailing and gnashing of teeth because there's something it still doesn't do.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

MULTIVIEW AND SLI :confused:

15. nowayjose

nowayjose Registered

Not even considering Crossfire anymore! j/k

16. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Bacon anyone?

17. 1959SLP

1959SLP Banned

I literally put this sim/game away for a year. I just clean installed 382 last week.

Sadly it seems little has changed.

While it drives well enough and certain cars are a blast from the cockpit view and feel, and from an in cockpit view, the look is tolerable, everything else is still disappointing. Much of it looks like 10 year old graphics.

- Frame rate is still dodgy.
    * Frame rate is a hope. *

- The cars STILL look disconnected from the road.
    * Nicer, photo real visuals would be a nice addition. *

- External views still look 'washed' out even with HDPs.

- Cars look like 'plasticy' cutouts sitting on the track.

- Damage model is horrendous.
    * I don't even know where to begin or what to say.*
    ** http://youtu.be/8o1H7aF9hAA ** Just some of this. I'm racing a simulator and if I go past the limit and crash, I should pay for it and a simulator should simulate it... at least a bit.

- Animated pit crews

It is just missing sooooo much that I can't believe it's still not called a 'BETA'.

Here's an interesting marker. When people I show video of other Sims to don't realize it's a Sim/Game until you tell them, this is a good thing. It looks real. When they laugh or scoff at how bad something looks, that's a bad thing. It does NOT look real.

All that said, no one sim out does it all. Everyone seems to miss the mark and therefore none are truly simulators. A simulator simulates everything about the activity it's simulating... or at least it should.

Trying to be hopeful.

18. Thor

Thor Registered

Just know that the Assetto Corsa is very good. The ISI has to be careful. It will end up losing sales RF2 to AC. :eek:

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tell someone who cares........

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned