[REL] ethone/Virtua_LM: Fuji Speedway 2012 v1.04

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ethone, Apr 12, 2012.

1. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Runs well enough on my system ( specs in profile ) and I have MOST settings on full, with no road or environment reflections, 4 X AA in AMD driver, 8 X AF... HDR and FXAA enabled. I run a 19" monitor, so res is only 1440 X 900, so not too taxing on the card.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  2. Panigale

Panigale Banned

First off, many thanks ethone for making this track available! Not too many tracks for RF2 at the moment and being a current F1 fan it is great to have another option.
    Using Fuji v1.01 and it is a little more of a FPS monster than Sepang but really only on the pit straight. I have most things on Full except shadows on high and AI car detail on high. 4x AA, HDR on, env and track reflections on, no FXAA. Running Win64 with 8GB and i7 3.4 and GTX555 to a 720p projector. Compared to the other in-house ISI tracks Fuji is a bit more demanding in performance, drops below 60fps, the rest stay locked at 60fps vsync to display at all times.
    Again, thanks for making this available and hopefully the performance can be tweaked a little more in a future update to match performance of Sepang and others.

3. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

the track update does look amazing (560ti, q6600) but the framerate is very unstable

4. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

I love this track and want to run on it! But can i also play in a online race in this track, obviously after i install it?

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Sorry to ask, but I can't install this because I am not able to uninstall the v1.00 version of the track; it says it is in use by another mod (I did uninstall and remove the all cars and track's because I want to update that too) and when I look into "properties/advanced"; there is no mod or anything there.

How do I take this now, any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

6. ethone

ethone Registered

I wasn't aware of this initially but you can just install v1.01 in addition to v1.00, no need to uninstall.

1 person likes this.
  7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for that.
    I was allready busy with uninstalling everething so I have some work now :)
    But I will get there, thanks!

8. MJP

MJP Registered

Would be nice if we could click on the track (or any component) in Mod Manager and check the 'properties/advanced info' to see which (V)MODS are using it.

But seeing as we can't yet, exactly how many (V)MODS does Mod Manager say are using it, you'll need to look in 'properties/advanced info' of all your (V)MODS to see which one(s) list(s) Fuji2012 v1.0.

9. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I would love to race this track well. its very nice!!
    but in pit area I get about 8fps and the rest of track 60fps lock. (big slow downs whenever I turn in pit direction even the farthest part of the track) I use shadows OFF and everything else on full.
    is this problem to be fixed? maybe its a high poly left by mistake with no use. IDK

10. ethone

ethone Registered

I have a more fps-friendly v1.02 sitting on my disk, gathering dust. I was waiting for some improvements to the sim but I guess during beta I might just release it anyway.
    I found some optimization with the Real Road technology but the main gain was from reducing the number of environment reflectors, which all get loaded even when environment reflections are turned off.

TL,DR: Wait a few days, be happy. ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

thanks for the news =D hope the best for this track ;)

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill I'll try this track too on the v1.02 release

13. Which v1.02?

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

The one that will be released :)

15. ethone

ethone Registered

Fuji 2012 v1.02: 52.8MB
    Gamefront
    Trackcreation.net

The most notable difference is probably the new marshal huts. Thanks to Zephyr RU I had some incredible photos to build them from, as opposed to the guesswork of the old huts, which were still unchanged from 2007. Here's a comparison of the old and new huts.
    [​IMG]
    I also added some smaller stuff like fake skid marks in some corners, the pit in car announcement sensor, two new starter huts on the pitwall and white lines in a separate layer with some variety.

As for performance, there is an issue with rF2 which causes increased VRAM usage due to the environment mappers even when environment reflections are turned off. For 1.02 I have worked around this issue, which means the environment reflections are not as location-specific as before. They're still plenty good though, so you should still be able to enjoy them if you have the machinery to turn them on. It's a bit of a tough situation as currently we have to build the track as if everyone were using the environment reflections as far as VRAM usage goes, which kind of defeats the point of having a separate option for it.

If you experience performance that is significantly worse than on other track, particularly our other tracks Mid-Ohio and Sebring, let me know.

1 person likes this.
  16. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

thank you!! I installed right away but I saw someone saying that is possible to install 2 versions of the same track but it only shows one.

edit: anyway uninstalled those ISR mods and this version ROCKS!!!!!! super smooth all track full details! good job =D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
  17. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks ethone.

:)

18. jomardi

jomardi Registered

19. clock

clock Registered

thanks so much, witht the version 1.02 goes nice, with the previous 1.01 i had so many problems on turning and pits due low fps and stuttering...
    Great job...now is so much more smooth and no stuttering with normal fps...Great...

20. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Thanks for update ethone, everything works fine :)