[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Well, Nordschleife is a very different track, a lot more bumpy more elevations, less fast corners.
    I would start with 4/16, softer springs/dampers, more rideheight, long 6th gear.

2. Promag

Promag Registered

Big improvement:
    ISI Corvette 60 fps
    Urd C6r 50 fps
    URd C7r's 45 fps
    With cars on track. Still lower than the ISI mod. but definitely can run with it now. Thanks for workin on that.

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The AM seems to have a lack of front downforce. Surely you can compensate it with less rear wing but than you will get complete lack of downforce for the whole car and you will be slower than with the others cars too.
    The AM and Bayro are poor balanced. Nobody will you them in a league because there is no way to reach such fast corner speeds like with the most others cars, even with a neutral setup.

4. Magzire

Magzire Registered

What the hell... i just an email from URD with the new EGT rF2 1.95 download. I never actually bought this, just the T5 mod :confused:

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

enjoy! :D lol

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

huh?DELETE IT

7. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Yes.... but no [emoji3]
    Biggest reason why your reasoning doesn't apply here is that these engines use sonic restrictors, as such they're all starved for air at higher RPMs. Because of this everyone tunes the engines for most usable torque. You can see on the Ferrari corsa website how much earlier the GTE version of the 458 makes it's peak power compared to the street or GT3 variant.

Anyway as far as fuel consumption all these cars, when at ACO spec, are meant to go just a tad over 1 hour. At a 6hr distance, with no cautions, you would make 5 stops for fuel. There is a slight variance between cars but even then the ACO will adjust tank size to make everyone even.

8. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Sure.... no problem :eek:

9. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Well, some variance have to be allowed in these specs, because when looking at a fight between a Ferrari and a AM, the AM just nailed the Ferrari on the straight and they both exited the corner clean. So I would assume that some variance is allowed on distance they can cover as well.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

One hour is impossible with Egt. It hurts me every time to Stop for splash and dash with good tyres short time before the Race will finish

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Absolutly right

12. Ernie

Ernie Registered

If you have to lower the rear wing that much, to get a balanced car, then you have almost no room for setups with a lower front wing. I wonder, how it is achievable to get a balanced car with a front downforce setting less than 3. Front wing at 2 or 1 wouldn't make much sense, because minimum rear wing setting is 10.

But i'm not a car setup expert. Perhaps it's possible to get rid of the understeering (even with lower frontwing) with some good damper+springs+anti-rollbar tweaks.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Even more curious, if you have to go through so much trouble with a setup dialing out understeer with a rear engined car, doesn't that raise some red flags Ales?
    If anything I'd expect this car to be tail happy and you'd need to find a balance between sliding the rear end around enough to gain more time before you start loosing time while making
    it balanced enough to control it over longer stints. The weird thing is, the viper from the last version felt more like a porsche than the porsche, or at least, what I sort of expect it to.
    I was going to drive the Porsche for the next GT season, but am on the fence now to be honest, I thought the previous version was understeery, but with this one it is worse sadly.

Could also be, the default setup is way off making you start from a wrong point. The weight distribution setting is already something strange that you need to change from the get go,
    hmm.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  14. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Some updates are beeing done to chassis flex now, i will chose some guys here if you are okey to test them?

15. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

obviously :)

16. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Hi ales, if you need someone to test the AM, i am ready tonight from 7 - 10 pm.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have free a lot of free time today. Send me PM if you need a tester (I have mainly driven Ferrucio so I can tell how that changes). Hopefully test version doesn't require anything to be uninstalled.

ps. I have T500 wheel to test with.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

For sure... have to go out soon for about an hour but will be around after that if needed. :)

19. DomiTalent

DomiTalent Registered

I have plenty of time to test the cars.

PM me

20. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I am ready too all days the whole day.