[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Nice find. That same syntax error is in 1.9 too.

Edit: So does the 1.8 C6R.

2. MHansen

MHansen Registered

It is clear that those numbers are based on a certain drivestyle. The official numbers from Porsche is that it goes around 12L/100km in urban driving. Then scale that number down somewhat, you still get the same conclusion. The Porsche use less fuel than the Ferrari.
    I can of course only speak for myself, but even if the Darche use less fuel than the Ferruccio, I will still chose to drive the Ferruccio, because I feel it handles better. Besides, I can tell you that if you set them up properly, then both the Venom and Bayro are formidable cars. Just by doing something about the gear ratio and wings, you will get a much better drive.

3. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

i drove some more laps at silverstone now. but i don't get the understeer with AM go away. splitter is already at 4 and rear wing at 16. don't have much oversteer, what i would expect, with this setting. and still have a lot understeer. normally is used a rear wing 20 - 25 with splitter at 4. so that is very strange to me.
    made the springs harder and softer, felt different but i don't get the balance like with version 1.8
    someone good ideas? maybe who also drives the AM

4. TJones

TJones Registered

I did a setup for Sebring lately, i had also a lot of turn in understeer at T1 at first. But then i managed to minimize it to a acceptable level (IMO). :)
    Laptimes where at a similar level to other cars like C7r, Darche or Bayro.

You can give it a try.

Attached Files:

5. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

thanks, i will try that one.
    are your time faster or slower than with v1.8? i don't get the same times like before. 2-3 seconds slower now.

6. TJones

TJones Registered

Sorry, can't remember those of 1.8.

7. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

ok, i tried your setup at silverstone and it is very similar to my one. you also have wings at 4 - 16 which is for me not ok. what shell i do on a track where i need more wing. i can only raise the rear wing and get massive understeer... don't think, that it should be like this... is that all coming by the new tires or are there more physic changes in the AM???

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That must be based on your average driver on public roads because there is no way in hell you will get those numbers on the track (regardless of driving style. Not even as a safety car). What did you look up? Specs on the 458 road car? I can't even get those kinds of numbers in my daily driver with my driving style on public roads.

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I can guarantee you guys that these cars have NO understeer at all. It's down to driving them properly and making a setup that isn't based on "let's see what this does" and hillbilly values with no reason behind them. ;)

Been driving C7 a lot at Silver and using mostly S8 tyres, absolutely no understeer and that's even with splitter 3, not 4 (also light rubber preset, no over the top super mega rubber conditions). With S6 tyres it even gives some oversteer handling to it. Honestly the only tyre that I get noticeable understeer from are S9 tyres, but it's still acceptable. Annoying and slower but consistant.

Overdriving isn't helping either. Previous version allowed the cars to be driven with your hands and less with your feet. Now most of the driving is done with your feet and very subtle inputs.

If you are trying and forcing the car to behave like they did before this update you gonna have bad time. Adapt. You won't get same laptimes no matter what. Just see what the car allows you to do, listen to what it likes and what it doesn't like and treat it well. It will repay you with nice handling.

Give it some time guys. You will get it eventually. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  10. MHansen

MHansen Registered

It is based on the numbers of the GT3 RS version. That is the numbers closest to the RSR I could find.

http://www.porsche.com/international/models/911/911-gt3-rs/featuresandspecs/

11. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

than please try the AM.

12. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Will do once I'm back home during weekend. Right now I don't even have my rig here. If I still have that setup that I made for it I will post it here. No promises because I was just testing things for my own leisure and fun and I sometimes forget to save the work afterwards. If I didn't forget then consider it done. I will try AM (the only car that I really didn't try for a long time).

However it isn't hard to get a nice handling with new version of the cars. They react very very predictable and subtle to small changes. :) So try and give it one more try and fiddle a bit more.

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

100% agree! One thing that I have learned about doing online races and especially rF2, is that the default setup isn't the way to go. You have to really tinker around with the setups and a lot of testing before you can get the car nailed down.

Haven't had any time to try them out yet, but really looking forward to giving them a proper go.

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

15. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, with the AM you have a lot more understeering in fast corners than with the C7r.
    Also the Bavro has this tendency, maybe not that much.
    But it's ok, would be boring if you where able to use one setup for all cars.

Just drove at Silverstone, doesnt felt that good. I'm at 4/13 ATM with Aero.
    I tryed more rideheight to prevent the front to sit on packers/bumpstops, balance felt better. But laptime was same as before.
    So look's like i gained better mech-grip, to loss of downforce.

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That works! Much better performance (1.95 <25fps, 1.9b >60fps).

17. Miro

Miro Registered

Not in the change log but default steering lock has changed aswell. Thought should be mentioned.

18. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

4/13 ??? So your Front is at maximum and rear nearly lowest... That is not very good... What will you do at Nordschleife? ;) you would need 7/20 ...
    But thats what i also feel at silverstone with AM... Front very high and rear very low...
    I just hope some more will test the AM. Maybe i do it wrong or in the car is something wrong. We will see:)

19. MHansen

MHansen Registered

I can agree with that, but hopefully we can also agree on this. If you have two cars, one with a 6 cyl 3799ccm engine and another with a 8 cyl. 4494ccm engine and assume that both cars has been mapped for max power (optimal fuel/air mixture) and that they are driven with max throttle at all straights, then it makes sense to assume that the 6 cyl. car will go longer per tank, than the 8 cyl.
    Also, taken all the fancy engine mappings and drivestyles aside, I would assume that the road mileage measurement could also give a hint on the race mileage.

Cheers

20. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

interesting, than i guess that are the illumination lights. Removed...