[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. JohnnoNinja

JohnnoNinja Registered

An update for better fps would be appreciated for sure:)

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I agree. :)

3. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

I appreciate both but prefer it if you do it. You know better what to change.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The AI runs on the old TBC tires and the humans run on the new TGM tires. It's possible that in 1.9x the TGMs got updates but the TBCs didn't get updated to match. When I say you have to play games I am saying you have to play around with the TBC to get the performance of those tires to match. In DevMod you can drive on the TBCs to see how they compare to the TGMs but it it's an extra step. But then you have the talent files that also need to be tweaked.

Long story short. You can't just throw a car in the sim and expect the AI to perform like a human. It takes lots of time and testing to tweak. I personally never use the AI so I would be disappointed if AI performance held up the release of a car.

5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

A little bit selfish, but ........ +1 :D

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

For sure they are less complex but they can also be better or worse depending on the values.

In T5 series both TBC slick and slick option tyres perform exactly the same (they had the same values) and much worse than TGM compounds which show differences between both compounds.

I made a fix for that so that AI performed more similar to humans and got more aligned performance compared to the original. The same can be done for EGT series where I haven't checked these values. It isn't actually difficult but just requires some time to iterate values until you get the expected performance.

Tire wear might need also to be fine tuned so that performance between AI and humans is more balanced

7. MHansen

MHansen Registered

That is an option I have considered, but the big problem here is that my components are already a bit slower than me on the straights, they just have an ability to take the corners way faster than me. And I do mean WAY faster. If I try to just increase my speed just a tad in the corners, I go straight into the tarmac, gravel or concrete wall, understeering.

You know, i'm needy greedy. I want to compete with my AI opponents, not just easily overtake them on the straights and then get overtaken again at the corners.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

seems to me, the AI`s have more wing than you...

9. Justy

Justy Registered

Although it's a bit of a chore, I have found assigning the setup I'm using to the AI helps to even out the racing a bit. You will probably still need to lower the difficulty, but their performance should be more in line with your own over the course of a lap.

10. MHansen

MHansen Registered

When I get the time, I will try it out. Can you give me a quick introduction how to do it?

Cheers

11. Justy

Justy Registered

Sure. [emoji1] Although I've realised now, after posting that I tested this with just the corvettes prior to the 1.95 update. It's occurred to me now, that using all the cars will be a pain, but should be doable.

Like I say it's a bit of a chore, because firstly, if you want to run all the cars together you need to create a base setup for each car (gears, tyres and aero is usually enough) and then name each setup, so you know which setup is for which car. Once that's done, start your race weekend and in the garage menu, the first tab has a little folder browser which has a list of the track names and below that is a button labelled vehicle. Clicking that button will display all setups for the selected track regardless of what car they are for. Load one of the setups.

You then select one of the AI from the standings screen / race monitor and then go back to the garage and click "AI Setup" at the bottom. Rinse and repeat.

Sorry I know it's a lot of effort just to setup a race, I hadn't considered the other cars before and it's tedious just doing all that for one car, but I did have favourable results. It may be that you could just do one setup with different tyres and apply that to all the cars.

What would help a lot, would be if you could apply a setup to batches of AI at once, instead of one at a time.

Hope it helps.[emoji3]

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for explaining properly and in detail what I said above in short form.

I hope URD will make calibrating AI a priority. But if not, Ales, could others help you so your customers can enjoy offline racing as well as online? And then you could incorporate into the official version?

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This. :)

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Ok guys. It's been a while since I felt such a urge to write about a car or I should say cars. I've done so many laps, so many tweaks, so many experiments, so much time put into testing 2 cars in particular. C6r and C7r. I know I already praised them for their way of driving. But now that I've spend so much time with them I have to say that they both are... magical. I can't really pin point why, it's rather a combination of things that put together make them feel special. So special. C6 and C7 are similar but yet different in many ways. Both have fanstastic way of reacting to my inputs.

One thing is for sure: I choose my words very carefully when I try to express my feelings with a car. No matter what type of car this is. When I'm asked what I think of this or that car I try to balance my words to express myself as clearly as possible. Since the first moment I had an opportunity to turn the wheel in C7 and C6, my first expression (and audiable too) was "wow..." as the time passed with these cars and C7 especially this "wow" slowly turned into: "Unbelievable". I don't know what makes the feeling when driving them so special. Chassis flex? Tyres? Chassis itself? Aero? I tend to think it's down to putting all of these well together.

One word that best describes what it feels like is what I already said: "magical". It's been a while since I've been grinning like a little girl seeing One Direction at my doorsteps. This feels so natural that it makes me wonder how can it be improved? And at this point I can't really tell how. Add CPM? Maybe. However I can say that at this point I only hope this won't go missing once some changes are made (don't do anything to it, please. It's already way too good. Trying to improve it might only make it worse, I fear). I'm a real fan of new CPM, how it makes a car feel. It's beyond me how it's possible to make these two cars feel so good, as good as any CPM car there (tempting to say better even). I'm both eagerly waiting for the CPM tyres for these cars and hopeful it will only enhance this magical feeling I feel when driving them and not gets rid of it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Good post Ronnie and i agree but like to say all cars of the URD EGT mod are xtreme fun......at least for me. :cool:

Dunno if they are realistic and i do know there are peeps saying "to planted....to easy" but then again i have got so much fun driving them against AI. I do like the new DW12 and the Cobra but cant wait till these get the CPM.

Ales and Team URD many thanks

16. MHansen

MHansen Registered

I can tell for know that I have gone from 4:05-4:07 to 4:15-4:17 on the Le Mans, but the opponents still run a nice 4:03-4:10. So something has changed for the player cars that has not happened with the opponents or either I have become a lot worse.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Old cars to new? Well old cars had way way too grippy tyres. When you can easily go 1:57 at silverstone with old cars you know that things are not right. New ones have a lot more precise grip levels. Doing high 2:01-low 2:02 with S7 tyres and some spare fuel so it's a lot more like it is in RL. I know comparing real life to sim is not right when taking into account different conditions etc. But not even in the best conditions cars in RL would do low 1:57. Cars now feel right. They feel accurate. With proper driving and setup they have plenty of grip, stability and fun factor.

18. danalm

danalm Registered

I agree Ronnie. I've only tried the C6, C7 and Venom so far (1.95) and they feel great. The old grip level was too high, the new one is pretty spot on. Fuel consumption can be adjusted a bit more, but it's quite easy to go over 60 min on pretty much every track with every car.

19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'm disappointed really. The cars just under steer so much when you slightly over drive a corner. If you out brake or carry too much speed it just understeers. The balance of the tyres is just weird, I can't get a good feel with them. I go into a corner and think I have enough grip and then suddenly it just goes and pushes wide.

I know the ISI Corvette GT2 is based on five year old rules so it's going to slower/less grip/downforce but the balance feels better. The rear feels lose if you over drive it, the front grips much better than these EGT and it will understeer if you push really way too hard into corners, or it will over steer but the feel and a balance feels better and gives me confidence to push the car and find the limits. In the URD limit feels really low, you have to drive very slowly basically. You can't be a bit wild or just try to find slide the rear put, it just grips. The front and rear grip balance feels completely different and wrong.But ISI generally just feels right, this EGT just doesn't feel right. Sorry but I've always felt these cars have understeered too much, considering they have 500bhp and that they are RWD machines.

20. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Agreed. I was hoping this update would improve things from the last release. But they're still super sticky understeering cars. Really unimpressed. The models are nice though.