[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

Isn't the other way around? For the player to use the AI physics?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can switch to tbc tyres instead of TGM, I don't remember being able to use the AI physics rates though? Or can you?

3. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

oddly, GPS was not working yesterday but I tried again after your reply, with the same log, and it worked.

6. Bortaletti

Bortaletti Registered

Hello Lazza, first of all, thank you for the work. Unfortunately, the plugin is not recording my steering angle and brake input. Do you have any idea what settings I need to adjust to make this work? Thank you for your time.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Should work as standard, check the channel names in your components/graphs match the names in the logged channel/value list (press C or V to view those).

IIRC steering is just % as standard, the angle might be in an add-on channel group.

8. danort17

danort17 Registered

Cheers mate, can you tell me at which exact frequencies the data rates 1 to 5 are recording?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have a full list, and the only easy answer is: on 5 everything is 100Hz, except FFB on 400Hz.

All other levels have different channels at different rates, because you don't need high rates for many channels. I would say, though, don't bother with 1 or 2, as those rates are so low as to almost be worthless for a lot of analysis (and these days drive space is rarely an issue). I'd recommend using 4.

10. danort17

danort17 Registered

Thanks mate! I'm still working on my thesis, therefore I used 5 for all channels, since it's not too much data that I have. Was just asking to have a valid number I can out there, better than writing "at the highest level" without knowing a concrete number :) But thats something I can work with now, thanks!

11. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

For those who are wondering, the plugin works straight up in LMU.
    Just put the files from inside the folder "bin64" directly to LMU root folder, and copy the "plugin data" folder also to the root of LMU.
    Don't forget to open the game once and close it to create the "DAMPlugin.ini" file for you to edit.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There was a staff response in the LMU discord indicating Motec was working. I didn't know if that meant native support or existing rF2 plugins, but I'd heard nothing from S397/MSG regarding it.

svictor, Adolfo Bisi and ebeninca like this.
  13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

TinyPedal is working on LMU too, lol.

14. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

They probably meant that your plugin still works since, for nobody surprise, it is rF2 with locked WEC content.
    Let me ask, if there are new channels available or if they have a higher recording frequency, will those things appear on the log from the current version, or do you need to manually add them and release an update?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They would need to be added. It's probably safe to assume, though, they haven't modified the available data, given their ongoing work in many other areas.

Adolfo Bisi likes this.
  16. keith_d

keith_d Registered

As Adolfo mentioned we have Motec working in LMU, the only channel I can't get is Steering Wheel Position, the channels active but no output on the data, anything in your opinion that I can do to work around that and get it going?

Attached Files:

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not at the moment, I need to revisit this plugin for rF2 and with LMU in mind as well. It's possible the data for that has moved, or for whatever reason LMU just isn't providing it. The plugin will generate the channel regardless.

18. keith_d

keith_d Registered

Ok mate no problem, I've got plenty to play with for the moment anyway

19. svictor

svictor Registered

The mUnfilteredSteering value is actually working, but the mPhysicalSteeringWheelRange value is currently not outputting wheel range value (don't know if this is done intentionally). So when multiplying mUnfilteredSteering with mPhysicalSteeringWheelRange to get current rotation angle, it will always give 0 reading.

In latest TinyPedal update from the other thread, I have added a manual override setting for user to manually set steering wheel range, which will output working rotation angle as long as the manually set wheel range is matching the car.

(ps: mVisualSteeringWheelRange also works, however it always gives 720 deg range regardless of steering lock setting or other stuff, so not really useful.)

Lazza and keith_d like this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

svictor likes this.