'Could not connect to Matchmaker' fix.. :)

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Radar, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

An update on testing so far..

I have watched it go into the 'could not connect' but it soon changes to 'server added successfully'. This happens sometimes quickly, sometimes not so. At most I'm finding about 30 secs so it's not a massive wait..

I've successfully had 2 servers running on the one login (which is great).. I've got one server running continuous (time running down, then loads next session) and I've got the other running in Pause when no players are in the server. Both have had people join through the day and night and both still running..

I'm confident Jeremy, that this dedicated server file is a winner. I will PM you at the end of this week just to give it some time in testing, but otherwise, all good :)

I hope the other bugs you (Jeremy) found have been an easy fix, looking forward to the next updates more and more now :)

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

And is there already any idea on when this file will be available for others as well? Getting really sick of keeping the server desktop opened up all day (as does my boss at work :)), and restarting continously. There is a league starting soon, and I would like to have the file then if possible.....

Any thoughts on when its released? Or do we have to struggle until the next build is released?

3. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

We in the ISR, we have the same problem, hope for a solution in a short time.

Babs

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

+1

If there's a simple fix like exchanging dedicated.exe I would appreciate it if we could all get the working one.

5. JGraf

JGraf Registered

build-134 the server would stop being seen on matchmaker though still alive with users in it.
    build-146 it just crashes, seems like while always empty.
    was other problems found, outside the software?
    our NRT server has been running non stop 72 hours now, without this updated dedi.exe
    there were never these server matchmaker issues before a couple builds back, nor with rf1, so why all the sudden is this need to use wake-up calls to keep the server alive...

6. Radar

Radar Registered

I'm happy to post the file up for you guys, but

1. I'd like Jeremys' ok on this first before I stick it on an FTP.
    2. He had mentioned to myself about a few other bugs he had found, he could be working on these and doing a build release.

I have PM'd Jeremy to get an answer at least..

7. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

+1

We all need this fix soon, fed up of restarting servers constantly :(

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

72+ hours no dropouts :cool:...1 problem i have noticed is when you close the rF2 dedi exe it keeps running in the task manager and you have to manually stop the process....not a biggie but worth a mention

9. Radar

Radar Registered

Might be a good idea to PM Jeremy on that one also.. To be honest I never even looked at that as I had restarted it and it never dropped out.. Good spotting :)

10. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

All our clients are running the new dedicated.exe. As far as I know..there are no issues so far.

Has any-one else noticed that the dedicated GUI seems to load faster,and if all is pre-set scroll through
    the settings till it actually loads faster also.

Thanks Mr.JB...for the new dedicated.exe.

All is fine also with the new build, haven't heard one complaint

Dave

11. JGraf

JGraf Registered

found our server offline this a.m. around 8:30c

event viewer says it crashed 11:53pm c last night

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

?? huh??

13. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

and? relatively quickly is one month or two?

14. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

I am talking about the 149 build. We haven't seen any issues. lol sorry for the confusion.

I shouldn't try to respond or ask questions with no sleep.

But anyways, I don't know if it is because we host with server 2003? but some of the issues people report, we don't seem to see.

Jim Bean: Just out of curiosity, what OS is the server you host with?

Thanks

Dave

15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

ahhh cool no worries...just didnt want it to look like i was passing the exe Jeremy gave me around lol

OS is windows server 2008 R2 SP1 ...maybe your onto something

16. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Nope, unfortunately, he is not :)

I have acces to several dedicated servers, and i have 2003, 2008 R2 and regular XP machines. On all machines, it crashes randomly.
    Even have had it with a single server running (and only 1 instance installed as well) now. Always when reconnecting.

It just sucks to know that a working file is around, but not available, simply because ISI is yet again no where to be found in communication. I have been absent (posting wise) for a long time on ISI forum, simply because of that reason. Unfortunately, some occasions we as a community are dependent on them for releasing stuff, but come on. This is taking so much to long.

17. Radar

Radar Registered

Hi Marco,

I had PM'd Jeremy for permission, he had replied but nothing about handing it out so I will hold off on this.. As far as I know there are not many people testing this new file, and it was only to give feedback to Jeremy as Jim Beam and myself are based in Australia and could be 'one' of the reasons why we were getting it more than some.. The PM indicated at looking at other geographical servers to help with the issues we were getting..

I have provided positive feedback, as has JB and Dave-NRT. We can only hope that a release is not too far away for you guys and for us for that matter, as this is only a temp fix..

18. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

why they dont upload this file for everyone? waiting to best testing and want release good work? every time they do it and as we see always are larger and smaller bug

so maybe will change something? and release quicker and smaller work?

like always.. but often!

where is Jeremy Miller?

19. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

So, tomorrow it has been a week since I asked for an indication when this file would be available. No response yet (from ISI that is, not from the BETA testers!!).
    Is it really that hard to put a few words here? Or is it just entertaining to see the community struggle to support and play rFactor2?

I do not ask for miracles. An indication is all I ask for. I want to know how long we have to keep the watchdogs on our servers as I do NOT want let my community members down.

20. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I can reply as internal tester.

It is hard to say when because a public release has to be stable.
    The goal was to release the build about a week ago, but raised small issues related to the custom skins and i guess the incoming build will be available for public when these small issues are fixed.

I can agree that a "server update only" might be useful and i can ask for it, but decisions are by Gjon and the devs.