REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

1.17 Action and build 590 rF2. Action updates itself I guess automatically. Not sure tho.

It worked fine till the recent build. I mean I can't even fire up rF2 if Action is running. Can't be memory then, can it? o_O
    But as mentioned in the new UI thread rF2 ctd's also when changing resolution or changing the UI. Maybe it's the same bug, dunno.

However I'd like to record stuff :(

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When you start action, does your screen flicker? Almost sounds like the video card driver is crashing.

3. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

No, there is version 1.19 out right now. Usually they will send you an email notifying you of a release of a new version. Try updating, see if it fixes it - can't hurt.

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Just did the update thx but sadly still the same issue.

No sir, no flickering. It looks all as usual. When I fire up rF2 from the launcher first I have the small blue rF2 logo sign thing and then the screen goes black. Then I get the massage rF2 doesn't work anymore.

If I alt tab out from rF2 and fire up Action then I can't get back to rF2 and get the same massage.

Edit: Build 493 works fine with action. Just tested it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

rf2 has really moved up a few good notches recently which is great news, does anyone know when the netcode upgrade will be re-implemented / improved etc ??

( for a more fluid/tight online experience )

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'm not sure how to read that green graph. I see a horizontal green bar that spans the entire box with rising and falling (kind of rolling) vertical humps.

Edit: Afterburner shows GPU usage wiggling in the 78-83% range.
    Honestly the performance with my new 780 really doesn't bother me, that is, I'm not surprised. I just thought I'd reinforce other's comments about seeing what I thought was the infamous "stuttering." I know I'm stressing my card to the limit right now as I experiment with it. I mean I'm running 20 AI with just about everything maxed out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  7. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

I must confess i didnt follow this thread so this issue could be discussed previously.

About skins.
    We are experiencing a little issue.
    When some driver joins our servers with custom skins we all auto-download them.
    Problem is that we only see driver skin if he quit and re-join. Is this ok?

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

There are skin issues with this build, one of the dev's adviced to not use the option to exchange skins until next build. (as it also can have an effect on connections)

9. Luke Szulc

Luke Szulc Registered

Fresh install of 590 done. join button still greyed out. So frustrating

10. elbo

elbo Registered

ya, it really is.
    if its a server i really want to join i shut down the game, fire it up again and then find the server i want and make sure to click it first.
    seems the first server i click on works most frequently.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Is it a month like this now? Good thing isi doesnt charge for online services :rolleyes:

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Just a small update.
    With the new RC build install I saw an update on the directX version. I recently installed another sim which also installed a directx version (dx9 also) where I was just wondering why. However now recording works again just fine so my guess is it was due to the directX version.

13. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi all, i know im noob, but if i have previous update, with lot of mod installed, and i just want updte the game to the newest 509 build(not the whole game i want install again) how i have to do? I have to download lite, or whole?

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I don't know if it is ok but build 590 works like that, you only see driver skin if he quit, re-join, new session or new track.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Just to info, Single GPU cards that can run rFacotor2 with resolution 5040x1050 everything maxed out are still manufacturers drawing board and are not produced yet.

I believe that many do not know what it is stuttering and what is tearing and I don't think Afterburner is good choice to Nvidia cards.
    NVIDIA Inspector has better settings , like Vertical Sync Tear Control etc.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

rFactor2 NVIDIA Inspector profile has 0x02402005 as SLI compality bits and I am not sure if this is right. I am using 02402001 as SLI bits and AFR2 to my rFactor2 and it seems to work much better.

17. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks my friend:)

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is there a way of knowing the ping of the server before joining it in multiplayer ??

after trying multiplayer I don't know if I'm joining a fairly local server or one that's on the other side of the planet

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the browser doesn't show ping yet. I believe it's been mentioned as something that will probably be added at some point.

20. MJP

MJP Registered

Afterburner and Inspector aren't really the same sort of program though, i.e. you don't really use one or the other, although they do have some overlap. I use Afterburner for its custom fan control, superior monitoring and the odd bit of video recording I sometimes do. Obviously if you want to play around with more advanced driver options than the NVCP allows then you'll need Inspector too.