REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hi Philip, if previous version means build 494 then you can use the auto-update function (open rf2 splash, update tab)

If its older versions auto-update wont work (maybe for 382 I dunno) but you can install Lite over the current installation.

Be aware though, if your current build is really old it can cause issues and its recommended to do a fresh install.
    Backup packages and maybe Userdata.

If your current version is really old then you also need to check ISI mods & tracks, you might need to grab them again, or some. compare version numbers to see what's new and not.

2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks my friend i did install lite version over my current version(whitch was build 494), how can i check i did all good? how can i check what version i have now?

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Again the update tap in rf2 splash, it will say 'current build (number)'' and it will say current build up is up to date.

If you don't want to do fresh install often, you have to keep up with new builds. just check the update tab once in a while or visit this forum every week at least once. new builds are always a sticky-thread so easy to find.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Forgive me my sentence was Inadequate, I meant Afterburner 5 profiles for the save/load customized settings feature with NVIDIA control panel. :(

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Well, that depends on what FPS your willing to tolerate. ;) But your point is understood and I don't expect perfection. I'm experimenting to find out what it will do and what I can tolerate. (And I said "just about everything maxed out".)

I know tearing (I think everyone knows that) and I know jerkiness. But I guess I've learned that in our specialized community "stuttering" is a special kind of jerkiness.

Only used Afterburner to see GPU workload. Edit: Which is high 90s and straight line (98%) most of the time. I presume Afterburnenr is OK for that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
  6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

My reply`s to you is made ​​with good intention not offensive purpose.

I don't believe that all users knows what tearing, stutters etc is and many talks to upgrade they GFX card and they don't think about what system can handle, or vice versa.
    and it is as I have said before that cards like 470GTX, 580GTX etc. are still fine DX9 cards there is no need to upgrade.
    Some in the community have issues setting up GFX , and they talk lot of s... about it and others in the community don't have a problem at all.

:)

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Screen tearing is a load of bullcrap from idiot manufacturers.

I once read some reports that said that videocards with multiple displayports eliminate all tearing. It has to do with the fact that the cards can output 3 displayport signals (they usually have 4 total displayport outputs on the back). I figured I'd give it a shot and purchased an ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7970 Matrix Platinum, plugged in my 3 ASUS VG248QE monitors directly to the card all with native displayport to displayport cables, and VOILA! NO SCREEN TEARING, EVERY GAME, ANY FPS, FLUCTUATING OR STATIC FPS, NO TEARING, EVER, EVER, EVER.

Only card I've ever experienced this phenomenon with. Now I have an NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti and it's back to tearing in certain games, just like my old AMD Radeon HD 7950, 6970, 6950, and 6990. A bloody nightmare, makes me almost want to just enable vsync and quit playing racing sims.

Apparently it has something to do with the fact that displayport uses different timings than HDMI and DVI? I'm not exactly sure, all I know is that this should be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more exposed and talked about in the gaming community, in forums, on review sites/articles, etc.. From first person shooters, to racing sims, to just about any game where people don't want to enable vsync for whatever reason or another.

Simply amazing. Not exaggerating at all.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't have a screen updating at X Hz, with higher/lower FPS being supplied to it, with no vsync, without tearing. If you had no tearing it would have meant the screens finished drawing what they were drawing before changing to the latest image they'd been supplied with - in other words, vsync.

Tearing isn't something breaking somewhere. It's drawing an image, you supply it with a new image, and it either waits until it's done first (vsync) or it just goes straight to drawing the new one from wherever it's up to - and where it switches from one to the other won't match, creating a tear.

I agree with Ari regarding tearing and stuttering. My best compromise at the moment is the previously posted settings of PLR max framerate matching the screen refresh with the catchup/adjust/whatever settings zeroed out and no vsync. It gives me a solid 60Hz on my setup most of the time and feels smooth. But on sharp corners the tearing (I don't use vsync, remember) is sometimes right in the middle of buildings that are panning across my screen. And despite the mostly solid 60Hz sometimes the 'tear point' moves around a bit. I can easily imagine someone noticing something's not quite right with how the building appears to be moving across the screen and calling it stuttering.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Can the tearing not just be GFX card fault... but a mismatch in settings with the LCD/LED monitor?

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yes you can Lazza. I had that videocard for 9 or 10 months. It's possible. There's clearly more to it than just x amount of frames, y hz refresh rate, etc. etc. I know what tearing is and the basics of how it works but I think theres more to it than just that. I think more complex things like monitor timings and cable timings play a role, and who knows what else.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I think Lazza has right and what I mean is that single GPU cards that can run rFacotor2, resolution 5760x1080 or more with high game GFX options are not produced yet, It requires so much GFX power to render 3 screens.
    Two-way SLI has much of the same problems as single card but of course you can run games with higher GFX settings.
    What I have read is that for some reason, the third GPU almost always eliminates micro stuttering, stuttering and tearing and has a less-pronounced effect on performance.
    I believe that to triple screens three-way SLI is only way to go if you like to have good gaming experience.

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I look forward to using the Oculus Rift.... no need for 3 screens and a powerful card for them :D

13. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Actually you'll need about the same power to run a 1080p oculus as a 5760x1080 multi monitor setup. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Ah bum!

But why? because it is still rendering more than what you see?

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Don't think so. Occulus use one screen 1920x1080p and compute 2 image in it for Left and Right eye (so 960x1080 each).

It's less demanding (2 times less) than a 1920x1080p 120Hz 3D screen which use full hd 1920x1080p for each eyes AFAIK.

In summary it's between single fullHD 2D screen and fullhd 3D screen regarding needed power IMHO.

Edit: I'm just talking about render power needed. I guess tracking etc. need also some power, but not that much.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not saying you must have had tearing. But when you look at what tearing is, and then think about feeding variable FPS to a screen that's updating at a constant frequency, the only way you wouldn't get tearing is if something is stopping the screen changing to the new image partway through. That doesn't necessarily mean "VSync" is ticked somewhere; it might just mean something about your specific hardware/software setup was effectively causing a vsync effect.

Saying:

seems a gross simplification.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There was no magical background hidden vsync ticked on. Plus I can tell there was no vsync because vsync is so fluid and smooth, it looks beautiful, so you can really tell when it's enabled. Plus I can feel the vsync lag (especially in sims) when I have it enabled, plus I often view my framerates while playing and stuff like that.

Believe me Lazza :). I'll try to find some other peoples experiences of it. It was amazing. Any framerate, any amount of framerate fluctuation, any game. No tearing ever, ever. I still tried to keep a steady/static framerate in my games for the sake of smoothness and stutters (AMD really has improved on this lately by the way), but in terms of screen tearing, well it did not exist for me for the time I had that triple native displayport card (ASUS Radeon HD 7970 Matrix Platinum).

I believe the MSI HD 7970 Lightning BE, and the ASUS HD 7970 DC2 had the same cable output layout as my Matrix model, so they probably experience the same phenomenon. Pretty much any model with multiple native display ports for all 3 monitors apparently experiences this 100% tearing-free gamig bliss. I think mini-displayport is technically identical to displayport but just physically "packaged" smaller, so cards like the HD 6990 and HD 7990 may experience this same phenomenon as well, but I am not 100% sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If the card is producing more then 60fps on a 60hz monitor you're going to have tearing. There is no way around that. If you didn't have tearing then something is keeping things in sync. There is absolutely no way to stuff 70fps into a 60hz monitor without a partially drawn frame. Period. My guess is AMD is doing some sort of sync when using DP. They have been able to do sync with the GPUs these days without inducing lag though. My card isn't one of them though. :(

With Max Framerate=60 I have very little tearing.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There was no VSync. I had this card for almost a year. I have written write-ups on graphics cards settings, I frequently do benchmarks, overclocking, etc. etc. etc. I would know if I had some sort of sync on. Even now with my GTX 780 Ti, when I set max framerate to 120 in RF2 or -120 in RF1 based sims I get tons of tearing (it's like the framerate limiter doesn't actually limit it to a proper 120, or else tearing should be non-existent) but on my old card it was perfect. Even when I disabled framerate limiters, even when I benchmarked games showing fluctuating frames going from 40 or so all the way to 300 fps, no tearing, ever.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Just because you don't have VSync set doesn't mean AMD hasn't done something special for DisplayPorts. It just isn't physically possible to not have tearing unless it's in sync. Plain and simple.