Bathurst 1.0 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 10, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The only thing ISI could've done was to make an individual AIW Fast Path for all their Mods, but they don't do this with any of their tracks. So whilst some mods work just fine unfortunately others don't, only way to rectify this is to use AI Learning to see if that helps and/or do the Fast Paths yourself for the mods that have issues.

I totally agree on the line through "The Chase", it was one of the very first things I noticed too :)

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

new version available

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

There is a post for it :p

4. shiet

shiet Registered

Unfortunately they didn't fix what I was talking (made videos) about.

5. Justy

Justy Registered

I'm guessing that may well be because it's the cars which require an update, not the track. The Howstons, for example, have problems on many tracks, both 3rd party and ISI created.

6. shiet

shiet Registered

You mean the Howston and the other five (I tried), so basically no chance at all that the track is the source of the problem. :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Nothing wrong with the track, it's a technically hard track and therefore (unfortunately) some Mods will be worse than others with the AI, that's just the nature of the beast when you take into account the sheer number of AI Variables at play.

Besides:

- You've already been told the Meganes may need an update
    - Justy mentions the Howstons may need an update too
    - I've already mentioned that ISI would have to release specific Fast Paths for each of their mods (to make sure they all work brilliantly) but alas they don't do that for any of their tracks.
    - I've already mentioned you can try AI Learning to see if that helps with a specific mod
    - I've already mentioned you can make your own Fast Path for the AI
    - I've already mentioned the Mods that work just fine with this Track
    - I've already asked what your AI Mistakes is set to, just in case that could be causing an issue

If you're after perfection then I'm sorry to say you won't find it, so either use mods that work or try and "fix" those that don't, the choice is yours :)

8. shiet

shiet Registered

9. Justy

Justy Registered

I wasn't outright disagreeing with you, the subject of the AI being less than perfect with all cars, at all tracks has been discussed many times already. You may well have a valid point about this track. I was just pointing out that the Howston's show that same behaviour illustrated in your video, on many other tracks too, as do the other historic cars. As for your other videos, they all demonstrate issues, in different areas of the track, which I would imagine means it is not a simple/quick fix, that will happen within a few days of you posting. Who knows, maybe there will be further refinements to the AI system as a whole in future core builds to help alleviate this problem. Anyway, you reported your findings, which is good, lets see what happens.

10. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

+++1 :)

There is also this disturbing point:

there are image vibrations of the wheel suspension, the 1: 1 transferred to the image. The Great chassis movements are still ok, but the tiny shocks should not be transmitted, they give unnecessary unrest in the image. The brain compensates for the shocks in reality. And I want to feel like in your car, and not like a camera in the car. :)

11. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I have been meaning to do some longer races at Bathurst vs AI. It was a hobby in RF1.

I did 2 this week.
    I was busy so got an AI driver to start a 5 hour race for me and (apart from doing the pit stops) I took over with 90 mins to go. MOD Apex V930. AI 100%. Once I took over the car it was a bit too easy to pass. Went from P18 to P5. The AI was nicely spread over 2 laps.
    Lat night I did a 2 hour race with the BES GT3 mod by Petra GTC. 25 AI at 98% as they seemed a bit too hot in practice.
    Random grid and started P22/26. It was a great race. I was a bit aggressive in the opening laps and finally worked my way up to P1 and had a 4 sec gap at 1 hour. I had a spin 2 laps b4 my planned (single) stop. It cost me 35 sec and I pitted straight away.

After my stop I was about P18 and the AI eventually all stopped leaving me in P3.
    From there I had such a great battle with a Z4. I passed him but he attacked me repeatedly in the cutting. I was faster across and down the mountain, he was faster up the mountain. I had to attack P1 and a bad lap I would not gain, a good lap I would find say 1.5 sec. Eventually I cracked and it was a 1/2 spin that let him through. He drove away and left me in P3. The gaps were P1-6 sec. P2 -4 sec after 2 hours. That was so much fun. The worst AI was 1 lap down.
    Next one I'll run qualifying and put them at 100%. If I can keep error free for 2 hours it might mean a podium.
    Might do an overnight with accellerated time. Its just amazing watching the AI head lights in the trees at the cutting as you head up mountain straight.

12. tpw

tpw Registered

I always felt it was my patriotic duty to drive Bathurst but I inevitably lost my **** coming down the mountain and ended up rage quitting. Recently I tried it out in R3E - it's a particularly beautiful version in that game and the forgiving physics soon had me banging around feeling like Peter Brock. Thus empowered I've returned to the rF2 version and had some absolutely heart pounding 5 lap races in the GT2 Corvette, managing 2:10 laps against 96% AI. rF2 really makes you work for your dinner, and the sense of satisfaction from just finishing a race on this demanding circuit (let alone placing) is immense.