Bathurst 1.0 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 10, 2015.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

This is a great combo :cool:

[​IMG]

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What cars and cam view do you typically use? I have now discovered that I can completely eliminate even the worst examples of flashing on some 3rd party tracks by just using a car and cam combination that has a higher ClipPlanes value. The only cam views that consistently work properly in regards to this issue are bumper cam and the rear external camera. Go back to the cockpit or bonnet view and back comes the flashing. Stupid me, I have been using cockpit view or occasionally bonnet view. So I guess I will be forced to use the ultra-realistic bumper cam view if I want to see proper graphics. Most of the people on here who can't see the problem presumably must also be using the external cam views.

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Did this work for you Tim?
    What I can read from Nvidia forums is that nvidia has huge problems with memory leak and every driver past 353.xx. gives image scaling problems.
    There are many rapports that 350.12 and 353.30 are working fine.

:confused:

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't forget ya' handbag !

hehehe ;)

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

Why the heck do you not believe us? Is this some kind of flashing textures conspiracy against you?? I only drive in the cockpit view, in all cars.

When I say I have no flashing, I have NO FLASHING. I went and took the GTR around Bathurst, just like you asked us, and crept around the track, then I moved the fov and seat around too, still nothing.

I'm sorry you are having issues, I hate stuff that gets in the way of my driving and immersion, it really s**ts me off. But insinuating that a whole bunch of us are blind or ignorant for some weird reason is just crazy.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I only ever drive bonnet cam, again for the thousandth time I see no flashing textures.

Presumably you are once again (as per the Portugal video) driving at 1mph to go "searching" for issues instead of actually seeing them at racing speed, am I wrong? if so please upload a video at racing speed so we can see what the fuss is all about as it seems you are the only one who's truly affected by this "issue".

...mean while back on Page 7...

How's that going for you? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It's just a different perception. Some eyes better recognize flickering/flashing, other eyes are fine tuned to recognize colors (btw, some of us are colorblind ;)). What upsets me are the guys with the red t-shirts in the old crowd texture (the new texture is much better). They glow like a traffic light. :mad: :p

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can't NV Inspector have an effect on this as well. ?

I forget doh, SparseGrid I think or maybe LOD settings, I dunno but one I get a lot of flicker between branches on distant trees at Spa were they above the horizon in a few places.
    ie: you see sky in background.

Tree on the right approaching Masta chicane is one that does it.

When I set stock 4S AA I do not get it.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

This ^^ well said Mini...

Just for the record... I ALWAYS use cockpit view for every car I drive and have NO flashing.

10. Toads

Toads Registered

If a bit of clipping is that much of an issue with you, life in general must be treating you well... Let it go and move on, Brother. :)

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for all the concern and support. I am not seeking therapy, only technical information.

If I can stop and start the flickering with different cam views, but others cannot or do not need to, then there must be a technical explanation. Thanks Durge for attempting to contribute something useful. Although I am now using AMD R9 (with standard 4x SSAA), which doesn't support SGSS, I did use SGSS exclusively on my previous NVIDIA card, which was installed in the same rig I am now using. I have done full uninstalls of video drivers and registry sweeps, but perhaps there is some lingering setting somewhere?

Also, if you want to see major flashing, check out the latest Spa from RaceRfactor. I'd be interested if even that acknowledged bad flickering is not occurring for some people. You can also witness a professional manner of dealing with notification of flickering problems in a track on McNolo's forum.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

I can notice some flickering of trees at LRP, there is the odd tree that I can notice it on. But even then it's only on trees. On Bathurst nothing from cockpit view.

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I see flickering too on many tracks. Not as much as it used to be (it was very very bad a couple of years ago) fortunately but coming from other sims its definitely still noticeable.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, what is frustrating for me is two-fold. That the flickering is there in the first place and seemingly so difficult for track makers to eliminate after all these years of toil and effort. But even worse is that there is apparently some combination of settings and/or hardware that overcomes the problem. I am willing to adjust anything or even buy preferred hardware if it will rid me of the problem, but no one can give a definitive answer as to what to do. Not a clear pattern from those who have or do not have the issue, mixed-in with the usual time-wasting, argument-baiting, useless and pointless advice to just ignore the problem (that, by the way, annoyingly accompanies just about every issue raised by anyone on this forum).

15. Justy

Justy Registered

@Marc, do you force any settings via CCC or Radeon Pro etc? If so, have you tried running rF2 just using the in-game options, to see if this remedies the problem? I'm not going to say I haven't got the issue, you describe, as I haven't looked too closely, but, nothing has jumped out at me and it does sound as though you can't really miss it, from reading your posts. Certainly I never noticed anything at Bathurst when I tried it out at the weekend, but I will try and remember to make a point of keeping an eye out next time I run some laps. For the record, my settings are all controlled through rF2, nothing forced externally.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Again, a video at racing speed would help us see what you're seeing.

17. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

This ? (at RR Spa)
    https://youtu.be/DC2q7-kr-o0
    https://youtu.be/EhJEwgFEWjA

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This happens with either CCC or in-game settings. I don't use RadeonPro. Bathurst has flashing textures on the stands just to the right of the pit exit, on the overhead Tiger sign on the first straight and on the dark tire wall thing on the left side of the first right hander at the end of the first straight (examples just for starters). But only in cockpit view or bonnet view. Switch to bumper cam or rear swing camera and everything is solid.

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

It is the same to me also Marc. Brathurts has also flashing textures as you described and I think it is like that to everybody.
    Problem is what Tuttle explains here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26288-Bathurst-Now-Available?p=384454&viewfull=1#post384454

Many of the Third party tacks are annoying. I don`t think there is nothing we can do with this at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015