Autodromo di Mores v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Feel free to provide a single example of a horizon texture like that demanded, being used by any dev, in any genre of video game or simulation development. It isn't done, because it would be silly to do so. Reasons already stated by Tuttle.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

You drive F1...?

At Moreno...?

:eek:

:p

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

No the AI does just to play around a bit with the software.

Tim, the texture is ok from distance and cockpit, just some cam positions highlight it while viewing a replay. Not a big deal, otherwise the track performs and looks great.

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

@ Speed1

Your last post it's the proof you don't need to use the hammer to ask for attention. :)

If you think that camera is too high showing the low res texture applied on distant hills, then make a question about that specific subject. It's a legit question...but if you start saying the team is doing wrong, while you're mixing the Field Of View, the texture resolution, the side vehicles, crowds and marshals etc etc..., using lot of offensive statements to make it louder, then yes; nobody will take your question into account as there is no any question to be answered. :)

Now we know you would like to have a camera with a different angle to avoid the hill in the background.

Cheers! :)

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Oh no hammer available here just having trouble with the language and smartphone technics, sometimes i can't use emotion bar right, so my post's miss it, and yes you are doing wrong, not to listen because of that :)

6. soramame

soramame Registered

Setting of xfinish was wrong, and it has the trouble that it is not made a lap counting it when I enter the pit.
    xfinish.jpg

I want to run by car of more various low horsepowers. ;)

7. 88mphTim

Great find. Thanks for letting us know that. We will have to release an update to fix that one.

8. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

LMFAO Who was on that day :S

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

10. Tuttle

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Really ? :) Not sure if it is on my side but are those colored pixel on the white edge normal ? :confused:

12. 88mphTim

You mean the dirt and grass? Yes.

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

No that red and green pixel on the edge of the curb or the front where the curb starts, the edge is poor white. Looks like something is broken here or the texture is stretched. Not important while driving, just highlighted by the cam.

14. 88mphTim

It's a side texture on there, with dirt and grass on it. It looks stretched, perhaps, because it's not super hires compared to textures elsewhere, presumably because the creator valued those who asked for decent framerates, so made a design choice to use textures that allowed that in locations such as that. You're probably only noticing it at all because the sun is low and reflecting back off the white.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ok than i'm fine with it. Thx :) The track is great, i like it. The cam thing and such are not that much important for me personally but it's bad promotion imho. Pointing them on the most nice looking places was more immersive, i think.

16. 88mphTim

Well I'm still hoping we'll see a replay cam, tv cam overhaul at some point, if not at tracks, then how the engine works with field of view, motion blur, etc.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

Still i think it was better to use what already is in a bit different until something new is developed and just highlight best views and positions temporary imho. :)

18. Tuttle

There is anything broken nor stretched. Original (2003 brand new) curbs were multicolor, red, white and green, and green and white. All kurbs you see are using real picture samples per curb type and each curb is using is own set of samples to rebuild the IRL look as it is now. The back edge you see on the kurb 1 is using few bits taken by the original color to avoid a full white edge to grass. Same bits you can see on those curbs with less paint wearing.

The strong contrast you was getting on that shot is just because of the sun angle.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes even i don't know much about, i tought something like that and i see a similar effect on other curbs outside edge where some black pixel where involved. How it would look if it was clean ?

20. 88mphTim

White.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.