Autodromo di Mores v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

WARNING: because of bad English, Mauger not be able to explain my idea.
    The idea is that to calibrate the imaging without HDR
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and then connect the HDR
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Too huge visual difference between turning off HDR and HDR turned on, it is difficult to work with color texture.
    I know it is not good to give an example other project. But I do not know how to explain it more accessible.
    I hope for your understanding.

Аnd consider the artistic nuances. Shadow on the cold, warm light (it's in the open air)

2. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Strange problem here. While raining the track can start to dry up. Happened today with 9 cars on track, raining heavily graphically and over 5 laps the surface became very dry, then finally raining stopped but track already dry.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Known Issues

"Weather/RealRoad
    ================
    -Groove build-up and track wetness/drying happen at an artificial, accelerated rate."

4. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

i am aware of accelerated rate, and will be very happy when they remove that. But to dry while pouring rain is a bit rediculous, was wondering if maybe it was not raining and the graphical rain was an error. Everytime I have seen it before, real road waits for rain to stop or lighten up before starting to dry.

Also, no tracks have a proper rain line, they all have best grip on the dry line, which except for a few odd tracks out there this is not the case. Should have to avoid dry line at least, run around outside of track in some cases. So real road also does not work in that case.

5. Miro

Miro Registered

It depends on the number of AI's/players you are racing with and how much it rains.
    At least that's my experience.

For the fun I like to join a P session with pre-loaded rubber on a rainy day with just 3-5 AI's. That works quite well.
    Actual racing with more cars is not really possible as the line dries to fast. You end up with destroyed tires or racing carefully on the racing line with slicks.

Yes I have noticed that too (if you mean racing line instead of dry line :confused:), although I am not sure if that's the case with all cars, all tracks and all turns IRL. I know it's sometimes better to avoid the racing line in the wet but sometimes also not. It depends. It's quite a difficult task to manage for the devs I could imagine.

However I don't think you should avoid the dry line in any case, other than to cool the tires if necessary, if there is one whilst racing in rain. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  6. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

yes i mean dry line as in the one taken by cars normally in the dry. On tracks that dont see repaves it gets quite slick in the wet. in rF2 its no problem to drive on that line, IRL you have to be off it at least by a bit , some tracks completely. F1 tracks are a bad example because they get repaved all the time, so the fast dry line is also the fast wet line. Somewhere like Mont Tremblant is treacherous just to try and cross over it in the wet.

Would be great if real road could be programmed to keep this in mind for the wet, or tire model worked so that rain tires creat grip by a different mode than drys do.

and of course wet tires are still faster on a dry portion of the track vs wet, until they overheat and grain up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  7. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Hi Tim, any news on when we'll see this fix?
    The bug is not too much of a problem if all cars are on the same strategy (same amount of pitstops), but it's quite annoying when cars are on different strategies, because you lose a lap for every pitstop.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Mores update has been in testing. It should be near release, will check.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.