A packaging overview & tutorial video...

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Michael Juliano, Dec 23, 2011.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

This is seriously confusing, I feel like an idiot because I just don't understand how to get this to work. All I want to do is have a mod with the Formula ISI cars but with my own teams and drivers. I have my drivers created, but oin my mod at the moment all the original Formula ISI AI are there. How do I get rid of them?

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Answered in another thread. I will make a little video tomorrow demonstrating the whole process though.

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Ok thanks, what thread was that? I'm using the Formula ISI 2012 cars, and I have created 24 liveries (drivers). However I want them to be in their own mod with their own talent and veh files?

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

So this sort of a breakdown of what I am after, but it's a little hard to explain.

- I am using the Formula ISI 2012 mod.
    - I have created 24 virtual drivers/livers. They are all showed nicely in game under FISI2012 and in the Settings/Vehicles/FISI2012 directory nicely.
    - However I game, 13 other FISI2012 cars are there which I want to get rid of.
    - I made a virtual mod in which I added my chooses tracks, FISItalent and vehicles: it's called 'Formula Virtual 2015'.
    - The virtual mod works great in game, my mod is shown nicely with all my drivers, but the other 13 unwanted AI are there.

- I then proceeded to edit the FISITEAM mas file in which I removed 12 of the unwanted AI.
    - I returned to the game, and there was now only 1 unwanted AI left!
    - As a test I then added one of my Formula Virtual drivers files in the team mas folder, copying what the last unwanted AI folders but editing them as nessacery.
    - I returned the the game and now one of my drivers was there, even with his own image when you selected him! Yay! His performances also matched his skills in his RCD file under the settings/vehicles/FISI directory.
    - I added a few more of my drivers in as I was having a blast figuring this all out.
    - All of a sudden my mod was 'damaged' as was the FISI car mod.

So what I really want to know is how I can get all of my drivers into their own team mas, but override the original FISI ones at the same time. This would than be my 2015 season. But I would like to to a 2016 season using FISI cars aswell. Obviously both seperate and no mis match between them.

I hope this makes a bit of sense but any help on this would be very appreciated. I feel like I have some idea as I've had a play around, but have hit road blocks and I'm not as smart on these things as a lot of you on here.

Cheers

Also I do not intend to use these mods online. They are purely for offline.

5. matf1

matf1 Registered

If I understand everything correctly, this part will be easy. Sorry I didn't see it earlier!
    In the VEH files there are three lines you might find interesting.

Category="Formula ISI 2012"
    Description="Formula ISI 2012 #1"
    Classes="FISI_2012, ISI_FM02"

Category is the name of the vehicle in the list of vehicles
    Description is the name of the car in that list
    Classes is the name of the vehicle type that appear in the opponents list on the race settings screen. I'd thought it listed and selected both if you choose that car but it appears both are listed but only the last one is selected.

No reason you can't create a new package with only the 2015 stuff in it if that's what you want.

6. RedDog

RedDog Registered

Hi.
    I have a question. I made a mod, uploaded on the server, everything went good.
    Then I want to upload a new track.

I edited the current mod, where I put in the new track.
    I uploaded the new rfm, manifest and the track. When we sync offline working the track, but on the server I do not see the track....

What should I do?

7. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Is the rfcmp compiler buggy or is it me doing stuff wrong? On a car I compiled I had after many attempts the same gmt is missing error while it was in the files. Did open that mas again and dropped the gmt in, saved as mas again. Compiled, then a missing json was not included. Weird about this is that if I would do it all again, just the same will happen. While in moddev all works perfect.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Sometimes it's just an "overloaded" '.dat File that causes strange Things.
    Rename/Backup the Files
    cmpinfo.dat
    cmpinfo_bak.dat
    Then try again with empty dat Files
    (The Files are located in : C:\Users\your Windows User Name\AppData\Roaming, but i'm sure that you know that :))

9. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Did not know this info, Thank You.:cool:

10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Just typing in %appdata% gets you to the same folder too :).

11. jonno

jonno Registered

Wish id of found this earlyer lol.. Im struggling to add custom liverys in an online championship to my server i can follow the guide https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/custom-liveries-how-to-make-an-update-rfcmp-for-league-use but i must be missing something i can pack it all as its should but then i create an event rfcmp and thats all ok i then go to load up server and theres no cars to pick on the selection screen i thought i knew how to do it but seems i was wrong i know i can do it but im missing something. Any help would be great if possible