60's F1 fun races #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I partially agree. Yes it is normal that the car is a handful, but some of Ricknau's suggestions may make it more manageable.

Edit. LOL looks like u are way ahead of me LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
  2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm running 909. I know many decrease steering radius but I like more realistic and I thought rf2 automatically adjusted steering radius and default lock correctly for car (true?) so I never mess with it.

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Good stuff Cdn ;) If you guys happen to have a look at the GP of the America's or what ever it's called on that link, take a look a the curbs at Watkins Glen. Get your wheel on those and your in trouble, heheh.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Very dumb question I know but where do I find my personal best time for Brianza?

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Lol

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Not really sure Kknorpp001. I have never really looked to see where it shows if it shows at all. I know that when you exit the track back to the garage area you will see everyone's place and your best lap time for the session shows there. If you right click on your name, it will even show you all the laps you ran during the session.

@Nikos: I will let you know that the bumps and rebounds are all going to be adjusted according to how you drive. Mine may or may not help you out as I adjust them to suit my style. I will tell you though that I have the front rebounds up to around 6 and the rear bumps up to 8 at the moment. I will be working more with spring rates and such to see if I can get those down a little more though.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What worries me most about 60s F1 (Brabham included), is that nightmarish instability at the straights, making the driver dangerous to anyone around, as Im sure you know.
    If you come up to a good solution to this, I would be most greatfull if you could share.

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

@Nikos

Try increasing Caster. Not saying it will work but give it a try. Also make sure your steering lock isn't set too high of a number.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

checked, ill try, thnx a lot.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

From all that I know, the toe is the main thing that determines how much your car will wander on the straight. The closer to 0, the more wander you will have. Front tires typically point outwards a little and rear inwards a little, but there is nothing wrong with having both pointing in. Toe btw is usually measured from the front of the tire, and the front is determined by you sitting in the car.