60's F1 fun races #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Alright guys! Who wants to do it again this Sunday? I got a new DSL modem so I hope I will stay better connected.

I like the short races we did last Sunday. That way if someone crashes out (or gets left in the dust!) he can race again in a few minutes. But I would prefer to have one predetermined track for the day instead of cycling through a list. Everybody practice and come prepared to race. A different guy pick the track each week.

What say ye?

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

And one track would have some rubber down.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Sounds good to me, although it is also fun to cycle through during the week just for pickup races but again I'm just happy to be out there with other non-wimps. :)

One thing I did notice is that fps on one of the tracks was horrible and is also horrible for me offline too. Will have to check and edit...

Edit. Had to look at the list. Portugal it the one with very poor fps. Great track, but stutters horribly.

4. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

Thats a really nice idea, but at what time? Because I'm always having a game of football on sunday.

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

This time of year football (American that is) will be an issue on weekends, whether Saturday or Sunday. But we need to race on weekends if we want our european brothers to play with us. I don't think we have the numbers to go it alone though i haven't done an actual count. Can you record your football and watch it later?

6. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

I'm playing so thats a bit hard to record :p. Also football (not American that is) is on the same days in europe.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You never now till you try LOL

If its something like 20.00 GMT+1, Fridays or Saturdays, it would be very tempting, though I dont think it would fit US brothers.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

On Fridays, the 20.00 GMT +1 would be too early in the afternoon as most would still be at work. Many would also have the same issue on Saturday as we US guys tend to work on Saturdays as well heheh. There are a few that on Saturday this would not be an issue though, like those of us who are retired or disabled and don't work and those of us who don't work on Saturday.

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Haha... I used my cell phone for that post and it doesn't display language or location.

I'm good with Saturday or Sunday but I guess Sunday is our default unless a majority want another day... or we could do both but again, our numbers are small right now so I don't think it's wise to spread ourselves too thin.

Right now we need a plan for this weekend. Who will host? Bryan? Pluginz? or now possiblly Kknorpp? (BTW, I've made ajustments to my multiplayer file so hopefully I will be more solid.)

If no one disagrees with idea of a single track event then whoever hosts pick one and announce it. Kknorpp, you had Croft running last night (at least to start with). First time for me there (blinking in and out wildly) and liked it.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm a little leary of hosting only because there is always a risk of me getting pulled away. It does appear that the server is working at least for a few people at a time. My intention was to create a server that is more for pickup races and cycles quickly through several courses just for fun while Pluginz may work better for "this weekends" course so people can practice and race on that. My server can always be a backup when I'm on of course in case Pluginz has trouble, etc. I also have the issue of my kids jamming my bandwidth on occasion with video streaming, etc.

11. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Enjoyed the racing tonight Kknorpp. Thanks for the chance to check out my settings. Looks like getting those right was the key. Maybe see you tomorrow afternoon.

12. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Can set that up no problems guys. Pick some tracks and I will stuff um in. :)

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Glad it looks like you got things sorted there rick, hope that doesn't happen to you again, it must be a PITA when it does.

14. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Sunday 60's fun!!!

Rick has emailed me with some suggestions for todays 60's fun server!

Would it be viable to run just 1 track in the afternoon? If so what settings would be suited to the 1 track option? For example, Practise times? Qually times? Warm up?!? Race length? Rolling start could be fun :)

Just Brabhams? Or the Brab/Spark/Eve F1 again?

Monza has been called for quick races.

Server seems to run better with upload/download bandwidth set to max as well, 8042kbps.

15. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I think the short Monza track will be good since everybody is familiar with it. Let's do a quick practice to lay some rubber down, a qualy and then a couple of short races.

How about:

20 min practice
    15 min qualy
    15 min race (10 laps)
    30 min race (20 laps) If rubber goes back to zero then do another qualy to re-rubber before race 2.

Just for fun and to keep it simple I'd say any chassis, zero damage, standing start, no warm up lap.

After we're done with Monza, we can rotate to another track for anyone who wants to stick around.

Practice session starts at 1pm USA Pacific, 4pm Eastern

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Sounds good to me, will give me time to learn the track with the BT20 :)

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Sounds good to me. Any chassis is good choice as I only drive spark.

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Anyone have a setup that I can try and see if it helps? I am lousy at making them myself, lol. I can tell others what they should adjust in order to make theirs better, but I can't make one myself, go figure.

19. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

All i do is take default and adjust camber and pressure to get even temps. Also chamge diff to 10 pwr, 20 coast.

Brab is massively slow compared to eve and spark. if most choose Brab thhen so will i.

have to take care of some home stuff, see you at race

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I suck at driving 0 downforce cars right now, and bt20 is slower so easier to drive I hope, lol. That is why I am taking it. I don't plan on winning just yet, just learning.