2013 Melbourne GP v0.25

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Nibiru, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Always good to see a thread get hijacked

I don't get your point marc. Is it the fact that this is posted here? I have seen many comments and posts around the traps with you praising racerfactor and all their stuff is complete conversion of codies tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
  2. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

As I said, I don't mind that this is a conversion, I use it and all is well, just like we always do in rFactor (1), but you have tried to make people believe that this was a "legal" version and that is to deceive.

View attachment 16262

(From http://www.drivingitalia.net/)

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Conversion or not, ripped, legal, illegal, whatever, people forget if its done right, like a fair few conversions, this one included, there is a shed load of time and hard work goes into getting it into rF2 with all the bells and whistles this sim offers. And I thank any modder for that. Its not like a quick copy and paste, then add your name, getting anything in this sim to a reasonable standard is hard work.

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

There is nothing miss leading in that. I stated where the track came from and that Frank gave me permission to use his version of the track.

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i agree, its a very open statement...not to mention gp4 is basically vaporware if it isnt literally.

6. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

You've given to understand that it was a legal conversion and when other people (like woochoo) have commented in this way you has not denied it.

Why do you think some people have written things like these?

View attachment 16297

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I wrote a legal conversion because the Author gave permission to Nibiru to convert it into rF2.
    Other versions I would write, Converted from Codemasters 20XX etc or Gp Bikes.
    If You would like me to change the wording of the Item on my page just let me know.
    I could put "permission from rF1 author of the conversion of a conversion of an original legal conversion of a track converted from a conversion of GPL" But I think people might get confused :eek:

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I imagine it is difficult to know where every conversion comes from and you probably only know the version you got received permission from the original author ;). Anyway, Steve, you could say "Original GP4 track converted to rFactor, converted to rF2 with permission from rF1 modder."

I owned GP4 so my mind is clear :p.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  9. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

These tracks are all "illegal" to more or less extent. No point in squabbling about it. Use what your conscience permits and we will all reap the rewards.

At one extreme, if everyone pirates everything out there indiscriminately, then there will be negative market consequences to that. At the other extreme, if we all used only truly legal tracks and cars, rF1 would have failed years ago and there wouldn't be an rF2 to argue about.

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Good going, how many does this make... 5 or 6 that you have ran out of town? You can pour the beer now, I guess.