[REL] JT5 by UnitedRacingDesign-Shiro JT5 available

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Dmitry Chugrov

Dmitry Chugrov Registered

too lazy to download and install, waiting when mod will be in workshop)

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

New site up and running now :D Finally. Its not fully finished yet but its better than before allready(i hope).

3. lukilord1

lukilord1 Registered

Well you gonna have to wait a while then.

Alex72 and Juergen-BY like this.
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hopefully T5 will be updated shortly to reduce its unrealistically high grip and get all the physics improvements from this car.

I wish it could have been updated sooner, but if by waiting we are getting a much improved overall package (yes, according to the reviews so far, but I hope to read many more from purchasers here), then it was worth it for me. The current T5 works as well or better than some ISI cars, so not much basis for complaints.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

anyone have a suzuka setup? or just general suggestions for the suspension, where i'm truly lost (springs, ride height, bumpstops)...i assumed the default would be tuned for suzuka; that was either a big mistake or i just need a LOT more practice w/ this car.

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Go down on rear ARB, detach it even, see if that helps you...

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Nor I.
    The mod was released in 2013 I believe. What else can you buy that is updated to the next model or replaced for nothing after 3 - 4 years? I can't think of a single thing.
    They want to complain about updates! Then why not all the unfinished and non-updated ISI content? Don't see all this update crap over that. It sure as hell isn't that great it doesn't need it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Kobradelta1000 likes this.
  8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thx, if the stock suspension is ok i think it should be down to the ARBs & wing. i trouble finding real life laptimes last night but based on a vid of qualifying i found my pace is at least much better than i figured (still don't have a chart but looked like 1:47s-1:49s for Q laps @ suzuka last year)

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

In those cars, is driver seat on the left or right? I'll support URD no matter what, just curious while I am very far away from my gaming steering wheel :)

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, most people, who are complaining, are waiting since years for an promised update, wich never had happend. But lets us discuss about that in the T5 thread...

11. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Is it the same as recently released by ISI Nissan GT500 2013 but just a different year?

12. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Differente year based on completly new rules. In real life this cars share only the name and the road car basic look but are completly different ones.

13. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

I am having trouble trying to load this car in the tuning menu. It says "Error creating vertex shader" and then a few more errors. These errors seem to be linked with "Mirror" and then it does not load. is this a problem with my game or is anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Left on the first car. ;)

EDIT: i'll just pop my report here on an audio "issue" (not really an issue) but it would be nice if the suspension/car noise that happens as the car is "moving" over the small dips and bumps is lowered in volume a bit and the shifting sounds volume is raised. Better balance between them so to speak. I had to lower the sound effects volume to lower the car movement noises down a bit, but in doing so i think the shifting sound disappeared too much. Maybe its only on my sound system of course, but ISI cars let me have SF pretty high and shifting sound is clear without too loud car/suspension sounds.

Great car btw. Excellent work. Will buy more for sure (all of them). :)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Well! That's a new one. Never seen a "vertex shader" error before!
    I'm going to suggest it's on your end samcar. No one else has said anything about a load error.

Use Steam and verify your rF2 install. It'll fix any errors in the main rF2 install files would be a good first step.

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I noticed another thing. Lowering player quality doesnt lower the cockpit quality so i seem to get a bit less performance with this car. Drops under 60FPS on tracks that i stay above 60 with ISI cars. So i thought that i would lower it to medium and try but it didnt change anything (great cockpit btw). My CPU isnt the best of course (AMD FX8350 & GTX980), but maybe there could be something done in the future.

17. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Yeah first time i've encountered it too. Strangely enough my rFactor 2 is a fresh install. I downloaded it just before i put the mod in the game last night. Giving the Verify a try now...

EDIT: I think it is something wrong with my install. I am missing the rFactor 2 folder in my documents...

18. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign
    I took 50 minutes race in the community and found that the time of the pit work was different from the reality.
    If you are not thinking of racing with T5 Mod together, I think that it is better to make it the same as the pit work time of ISI's GT 500.
    please take it into consideration.

19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Pit stop are funny in rF2.
    If you "Request" a stop, it's faster.
    If you land the car correctly in the box, it's faster.
    If you don't damage the car, it's faster.
    Different fuel load makes a time difference.

So, What was the difference between the S397 2013 GT500 and this 2016 GT500?
    Apart from the obvious that their two different cars from different years made by two different modders and in reality have very little in common considering the changes to the real series and the cars appearance and clearly the aerodynamics, engine configuration and might I suggest very different suspension, components. All things that are in constant change, tested and changed again.

This is the first car out off a three car series. As long as the next two cars are the same in this aspect and are competitive to, but are slightly different to drive then this one, One would think that this would be good enough. Wouldn't you agree?

20. yashiman

yashiman Registered

The Super GT's Fuel flow is 3 Ltr/sec. so full tank(=100 Ltr) is about 33 sec.
    Usually SGTs pit stop times about 1 min.

JT5 is very cool and exciting mod.
    Yesterday, I played this mod in Japanese server. It was so fantastic race. I had a very happy 50 min.