Oh boy was i wrong about this....!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Feb 18, 2015.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

That's something i can agree with, and no it is not bad to explain things to people, but it is wrong to expect people wouldn't put your words on to a digital gold scale, when actually you do the same more often, and even smile at people and joke about in a quite disrespectfull way. So nothing wrong here and just my opinion.

And yes msportdan you where wrong and i don't know how anybody can't realize that rf2 is different, and actually the only one i use with the little time i have to ride. Everything else i use just for entertaining visitors or kids and teenes. Sorry but that is my opinion and there is nothing out yet what could replace rf2 for me.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think its nice to see people are consistent on-topic (being wrong) good to see some consensus in this community.

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

im not gonna lie here, but im baffled to see what so good about the rf2 physics, I mean most salloons/tin tops feel utter garbage.. Sorry fellas, I know you all bow down to it, and im sure its got the best tyre deforming engine in the world but it just doesn't convince me or fill me with confidence that im driving these things at the edge of grip limit. Maybe I think theres just too many numbers here going on and someones forgot about the soul or racing! Karts, gt cars and tin tops all feel utter rubbish to me on a t300. Yes the single seaters feel good for me its just not enough..

somethings amiss here in rf2 maybe they have tried to much into trying to achieve realism and forget its just a video game?!

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

you just said a lot of cliches...makes it difficult to debate the issue with you. what is it you think feels wrong?

5. rhamm

rhamm Registered

You could always go back to GSC or Raceroom or Assetto Corsa instead of trying to troll the fanboys.

6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

when I wrote the Op I had only tried the f3.5 and f1 car, and yeah I was like wow they've really nailed the feeling here.( the skip is good too) But now having tried a few other tin tops they just feel lacklustre as if not done by the same lot I dunno hard to explain. The ffb feels very notchy not smooth at all feels almost robotic. Its almost like the feeling of racing a race car is totally lost in translation from the physics. guys are talking about canned ffb and yet Rf2 feels the most canned to me!

p.s the fanboys can think what they like. tbh.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice, first looking for support and help, than calling people with different opinions.

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xQRmYMlmdqM

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

At times I have had very little feeling over the cars, and it just didn't feel right, but most of the times after changing the setup the car feels more like *I* expect it to. The best example for me are the Go Karts, since I have had an own Go Kart, and drove in several championships. For me it is the only vehicle in game I have real life experience with. To me, the default setup feels WAY to twitchy, and the rear is way looser then I ever experienced in real life. But then, after fiddling around with the setup, and making the setup closer to what I used to have in real life (off course depends a bit on track), it felt almost spot on to the real thing. The feeling in the steering wheel, the being able to control it more all were better by just changing setup. And like I said, I have had that feeling with lots of cars (although with the other cars I haven't real life experience to compare it with)

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Would you share this setup?

I have real life karts experience too and rF2, GSC, rF1 whatever karts are waaaaay off.

11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, I don't have access to if very often. I play rFactor on the PC of my brother, so only when he doesn't mind me hijacking his PC I have access :(

I can't really remember out of the top of my head everything I usually do, but I do know that I reduce the width of the front, and rear end, I reduce camber and toe, I believe I had the sidepods loose, the rear track bar out, two seat stays (instead of 4), and maybe some more. If I have acces to my bro's PC, I'll share here If I remember to ;)

12. idontgetoutmuch

idontgetoutmuch Registered

Same with me, I gave up on RF2, it just never felt right...................until now!

I own every sim including Project cars and yes its a sim. I cannot help myself, addicted to sim racing on the PC. no one to blame but blame Geoff Crammond :)

My god the feeling from my T500RS and CSP v2 is simply wowser, this is the same feeling I experienced with my G25 on AC. Unfortunately my T500RS does not have the same feeling with AC. Anyways back on topic RF2 love it, feels similar to iracing but better. Even surpasses GSC2013 which is bloody good.

Hell gaming just gets better and better, love it.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

I cant help but think that these 2 guys are a probably a small percentage of people who just didnt get RF2 early on and have been really missing out , latest build hasn't changed the feeling so considerably to make it black vs. white for the few builds really. Wonder how many others are missing out on the revelation that is Rf2 because of dated misconceptions

14. JRantajoki

JRantajoki Registered

Propably a massive amount of people, we were just discussing this with a friend yesterday. The simracing forums and websites around the world are full of people not willing to give rfactor 2 a proper or another chance all based on what the sim was 1-2 years ago. I think its a major issue and cant quite imagine what isi should do to actually get the point across that the sim has slowly gotten better and better. Personally its really hard to find the same satisfaction of driving from the other sims, i do race them all but rf2 is the one that at its current state just is most dynamic, thrilling and enjoyable experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

"If you build it, they will come."

16. JRantajoki

JRantajoki Registered

Beautiful thought, but unfortunately the stubborn simmers arent so logical at times. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm lost why anyone replies! :p

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I think rf2 is in a transitional period, it's the dark horse of sim-racing at the moment

if ISI keep working away at it 2015 could be the turn around year for it, a sim like this could really go super nova

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Simcade will always be a big(ger) thing, let's just be happy that WE got what we love in RF2 - and let those who fancy shiny stuff race their games :)

20. msportdan

msportdan Banned

im not into shiny simcades either, just something thats finished properly, the physics are all over the place in rf2.. if thats what you guys love, cool. but dont expect people who expect perfection/working products to like this broken sim..

look i think rf2 has amazing potential, you can see that by the cars that are perfected. ..but they just need to finish old content ...

thats all.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015