United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I hope the new prediction system that was implemented with build 382 won't ruin this race for us. Those who have already been racing on ISI servers for example, should know what I'm talking about. Really, really strange collisions and car handling, brake lights flashing even if the driver is not touching the brakes, bouncing cars etc etc etc...

Maybe the best thing to do is to disable "New Prediction Algorithm" in multiplayer.ini
    But I have no idea if we, drivers, should do that, or if it could be turned off by server admin(?).

Well, anyway it's too late now. I can only hope that our race will run smoothly, without any problems. But yesterday in practice session with Robert and Matt, I saw their cars behaved very strange. Robert was bouncing around in some corners, and we all had the flashing brake lights: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17803-Flashing-AI-brake-lights-for-online-opponents

The new prediction can make it harder to avoid accidents, because before it was implemented, we only had to avoid even light contact, but now disaster can struck anytime when two cars are close together. It seems that your opponents are not always where they appears visually for you.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sounds bad... if people arrive early we have still time to do something maybe...

See you on track!

... and just concentrade on driving, not on stuff that might or might not happen

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

some technical difficulties with the new algorithm. It's now disabled. Will restart session for official start in 5 mins so little delay to original time.

-Matt

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Results for our 4th event of the season in Silverstone:

http://simresults.net/140105-Zr5

Congratulations to winners Hedlund (Rik.) and Kane!

Lots of close racing this time. Build 382 gave us a headache so hopefully there will be a new more stable build soon.

Standings will be updated soon to our website.

Remember to write a race recap :)

-Matt

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Next up Brianza...quick poll: 10k or the short version? I think we'll have g6 next time around.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hi Matt

First of all, I'm so sorry for the incident when I made you spin. I'm going to watch the replay but it was quite simple: I was carrying much more speed, while you slowed down when trying to overtake the car in front of you :( Sorry. I do not very often cause these type of accidents, fortunately.

Where to write the recap? Will you change the "Write race recap- next on: 1966Spa" to Silverstone, or create a new one? I'll write one as soon as I have time.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I though that the guy who I was passing collided with me when he returned to track.. not sure if I left enough space for him, at that moment I thought I did... weird if it was you who caused my spin...but anyhow, my driving wasn't at its best today and I didn't deserve better this time... hard time concentrating, missed alot of braking points and ruined my tyres. Will write more to recap.

write recap here: http://usr.simresults.net/write-race-recap-next-on-1966spa/ (header is changed even though the link says otherwise for some reason, old recaps are in archive)

9. Axe

Axe Registered

I would like 10k version. Simply because I have never raced there. Of course only my humble request I will take part also at normal version.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The 10k version is awesome with these cars. It does take practice and patience though. The slip stream can keep cars close together so the trailing cars need to learn where they can pass and where it's best to just hold position.

If everybody understands that the race is over with one mistake and races accordingly, it's alot of fun.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I agree, we should go for the 10k version :) It can be frustrating when you can't get rid of your opponents because of the slipstreaming, but that's how it was back then...
    They actually raced this crazy version with the bankings in the late 60's (but I think they had added a few chicanes to slow the cars down), so that's the main reason why I think we should go for the 10k.

12. patsax95

patsax95 Registered

Yeah, I would also like to race at the 10k :)

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

10k it is then.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you guys are looking to get in some practice you should post here. I'd love to practice with other cars on the oval section. :)

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This week I'm probably driving other cars but on our event week I'll be practicing at some point before our race day. But it's always good to know if somebody's practicing so others have a chance to join along :)

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'll be driving other cars this week, too. I need to concentrate on 60's F1, but next week we can do some practice. Let me know in this thread :)

I wonder if we could create our own rubber/real road in one of these practice sessions? AI lines are very thin and especially at parabolica they are a bit off, IIRC.
    If Jamie, Matt, me and Rob could practice together next week, we could easily create a light rubber :) If J-holley is there he could save the real road, or we could save it for him.

I think our "human" realroad worked quite well at Silverstone. What do you think?

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Doesn't sound too complicated. Shouldn't take too much time either. Lets make it next week then.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

19. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

You don't wana know my story :p I was so pissed. Had lag and the driver behind me just went through me and went flying mad. Second race I could not log in. Too bad because I best liked this car/track combination so far. Congrats to all who finished tho ;)

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

When most of our driving is sometimes preparation to some important event, and then you are out of the race at the beginning of a race for a reason that has nothing to do with your driving, it really sucks, very much so :(

You should try to do a clean install
    If you haven't done so yet. You had unusual amount of ctds :s