[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey mate,

thanks for the feedback. In regards to the FFB, this is something that will take time for us to fine tune and we need people with all these different wheels in order to make a set of FFB settings that we can then have available in all our mods. The FFB in rF2 is much more advanced than in rF1, simply because rF2 uses an FFB multiplier that can be made car specific and the vehicle's physics also play a role in that multiplier. This causes a major issue. If you get it working with with one set of wheels, it won't work right with others, and the same vice versa. Finding a balance is a bit of a problem.

This is something that we're still trying to iron out and we do need more beta testers who can convey the right feedback to us with their wheels so that we can develop some extra wheel specific FFB upgrades and make them available in our mods. Maybe you would like to help us with testing so we can get it right with the T500?

If people can post here what steering wheels they use, we would then be able to see who we can get to provide some help for us to make some wheel specific FFB settings that we can place as upgrades in all mods. This would save a lot of headache trying to make one FFB setting or a few work for all, you would be able to go to the upgrades and select your steering wheel type and have it work right from the get go.

Let me know if any of you want to help and if so, what wheel you are using.

Thanks!

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I will certainly want to help when I come back in a few weeks. I'm using an air-cooled G25. 8)

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I also experienced the "bouncing AI" when they hit the kerbs really hard.

Uwe

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I'd like to help, there are quite a few of us using Logitech's DFGT

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

This is easily my favorite non-ISI vehicle in rF2.

Thank you!

6. Scofield

Scofield Registered

Hi Petros,

Fantastic Mod. It is one of my favorite.

But I have a problem. When I run a race always I break brakes and I can not solve it because there isn't brake duct size. How can I solve it?

regards.

7. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

yep im another with the DFGT.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  8. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hello Scofield,

I will talk to the guys to see what they think about this, can you tell me, what race length are you running? what amount of laps? what brake pressure percentage? Let me know please. :)

9. Scofield

Scofield Registered

OK.

My friends and I have run in Fuji circuit with next server configure:

Fuel Usage: Normal
    Tire Usage: Normal
    Mech Failures: Time Scaled (In PLR - MULTI RaceTimeScale="1")
    Race Length: 15 laps
    Race start time: 2:00PM
    Temperature: 15ºC

the first in break brakes about lap 7, but before lap 15 all of us broke brakes.
    I had brake pressure percentage in 89% but others had 82%, 90%... different.
    My front brakes had a temperature of 580 ºC in braking and my rear brakes about 380 ºC.
    throughout the race I can not full break because it were broken. I must care it.

Do you need more information?

regards and thanks for help me.

10. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

I wonder if it's the mech failures being scaled. The reason i say that is because when we were testing it before release, we would do 30 or so laps without a problem. i'll look into it, but not sure what could be going on with your guys brakes exactly.

11. MJP

MJP Registered

Pretty sure it is because of timed scaled mech failures, this car has the smallest percentage of wear (ignoring the variance for simplification) to failure that I've ever seen.

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Time-scaled. I used to destroy the brakes too.

13. DeM

DeM Registered

A quick thankyou to you Petros Mak

14. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Yes ,I forgot to say thanks , it's the best mod I have ever played ,number one on my list , a big Thank-you .

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Awesome mod! Thank you!

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

How goes with the wild horse physics? :p

Seriously, I really look forward to driving this mod a lot when it's a bit further in its development. It has SO much potential!

17. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Same thing happened me online last night , had to do 5 race restarts ,allway between lap 5 and 9 on Mills Metro ,mech failures were not scaled also this has never happened offline .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  18. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Thanks for the report. We will be looking into this issue that several of you have posted and will be looking at fixing it for an update as soon as possible. Will keep you all posted.

Glad you all are enjoying the mod nonetheless.

19. kro388th

kro388th Registered

How things going over here ? Looking forward to some league action with this mod , Hope you haven't lost interest or switched to AC or something ..lol Love your work so hopeing for the best ~!

Thanks !

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey guys, no we haven't lost interest hehehe. We have an update planned soon enough, just waiting on some things first. Our in-game guy Stephen was away most of this month cause his motherboard died and it took a while to get a replacement. Now he's back though and we're all working on getting updates and more content out so bear with us and we'll have more stuff out soon. Stay tuned! :)