[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

In regards to the dashboard issues, those will be resolved in the next version. We're doing updates that will stop that from occurring in the future. :)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Goodo...

:)

3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The Public Template for the IFS3 mod on rFactor 2 is now available via our downloads section. A mediafire mirror is also available through the description. Be sure to get it here.

We've also opened a share your skins thread where you can post your skins screenshots or renders in the thread. We are thinking of opening a community add-ons section for people who want to share any skin or other add ons they have for our mods. Let us know what you like the idea and would like us to go through with it. You can post your skins in our thread here.

Enjoy!

4. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I have found an aspect of the throttle behaviour rather bizarre. Sitting at idle, I can get as much as 1/3 throttle travel before the engine starts to respond at all, however, when once it does start to rev, then this part of the throttle travel actually controls engine speed. But once the engine is allowed to drop to idle speed again, the throttle once more refuses to be effective for the first third of travel. Thankfully, for the most part, it doesn't effect the enjoyment of the mod because it doesn't normally come into play when racing at speed, but it can be annoying in the pits or anytime you're trying to get the car going from a stop.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

I notice your team has started work on a few AC mods, from 1st impressions ( of AC ) which is easier to work with whilst creating a mod for rf2 to AC ?

6. Hanjin

Hanjin Registered

Thank you,beautiful the mod!

7. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Right now we don't know. AC's modding is not available. AC uses a different budget than rF2 does but we tried AC's budget in rF2 and it works fine. So rF2 is capable of having the same budget level as AC if the LODs and optimizations are done right.

To be honest with you, right now we're enjoying modding rF2 immensely, its a lot of fun, there is a lot you can do if you spend the time to learn it. The potential of rF2 is very high and its exciting for us as modders to develop on it.

AC is great graphically, the only pet peeve I have is that the braking is too much in AC. Cars brake way too quickly, even the road cars. Though that is purely physics related and nothing that detriments to the game. As we don't yet know how the modding will be in AC, we can't say much now. I have seen a video of someone who put a car and track into AC. I don't know how they did it but it was interesting that they had.

For me, modding wise, rF2 is the icing to the cake. I'm confident rF2 will provide a decade full of fun just like rF1 did. :)

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000~!!!!!

this is fantastic to hear ..

TY MaK ;-)

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I just assumed it's the only car in which you have to use the clutch properly.

10. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

Wow, just trying this mod the whole week-end and: what a beast !

It is just the kind of mod i'm waiting for: little open wheelers. The handling of the car is quite good but i need to use extreme suspensions values to get better cornering with bumpy tracks (and a lot of tracks are bumpy !) so there is maybe something to do on it. In my opinion, I can be to much confident in the car when tyres are cold and it don't seems like i'm very much faster with warm tyres so maybe down a bit the grip with cold tyres. But overall, you can easily have a race pace and pushing more when you need on a braking or a corner wich is very good for fighting.

So good job, and don't stop this ! :)

11. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Hi Petros, i was cleaning my mod manager and found 2 versions of IFS3 sound (0.6 and 0.7), IFS3 Talent (0.6/0.7) and IFS3 vehicle installed, but did not find any IFS3 multicmp 0.6 version to uninstall.
    Could i just uninstall 0.6 versions of IFS3 sound, talent and vehicle and delete?

edit: nevermind, it was on mod tab the IFS3 0.6. Uninstalled and all gone.

12. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Is anyone having problems with this car in terms of the AI being much stronger/having much more down force? This is such a great mod and the cars looks and sound amazing but its a shame I cant race competitively due to lack of grip and the ai! any suggestions?

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Jarmour, is it at all tracks? The way I understand it, the tracks have the aiw file. It has been discussed how 100% is more than that to begin with inside rF2. Consider the fact that each track has a different % within the rF2 program.

So the same % on different tracks is different.

I don't run same ai percentage at different tracks. I find what I percentage that is comfortable on a track. Most of the time I don't mess with it a lot. I set it at 85% and go with it.

14. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Hi Jim,

It's every track yes. I think that some of it is down to setup which I can't seem to find for this mod. It does seem that for this car it is much much tougher than others. I run quite comfortably at 110% in formula 2 and f3.5, but in this I will be about 6 secs off the pace! I have now lowered the ai strength but it sort of feels like cheating!

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

so run at 90%..... There, easy work around.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Is this as good as the isi f3500 car ?

17. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

IFS3 v0.8 is now released. Check out the news article here

You can find the download links on the news article and also the first post of this thread. Download is also in our downloads section as per usual, mediafire link is on the first post in this thread as well as the news article. Mod is also available on the ISI Downloads section.

Changelog v0.8

FIXED: Dash Display not working on various tracks after rF2 latest update.
    ADDED: MKC Prefix to material and mod naming conventions.
    ADDED: Chassis Flex ability for vehicles.
    ADDED: Snow Schatten Sim Racing Team.
    ADDED: Leonardo De Souza driver/ai for Snow Schatten Sim Racing Team.
    UPDATED: Suspension, Tires and Aerodynamics to work with Chassis Flex.

Enjoy!

18. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thank you :)

19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This is important!
    This is a new install, Not a update. Un-install version 0.7 before installing 0.8.

20. philman

philman Registered

Many thanks