6 Hours of Mid-Ohio, Driver Swap Teams Event

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Yep, I had some for the first stint.
    I'm not sure what happened, if I moved alone and too much at the braking...

2. guod

guod Registered

It is appreciated! We need feedback -- what worked well and what didn't -- from this test race, and the more the better!

I've already slapped myself twice for the server setting error. :D

While we've hosted race series and endurance series, bringing in new drivers to a new series in a new sim is always going to be rough initially.

3. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Yep, the settings aren't a big deal, and we're confident that the whole SimHQ team will be focus and do well next week.

4. guod

guod Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
  5. guod

guod Registered

@Capeta

This make good sense now?

[​IMG]

6. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Yes sir !

7. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Divertida race. Congratulations to the winners.

Our team SinL, just had a race problem. We made an extra stop to change tires exclusivelyand despite the 40 seconds did not change the tires. We arrived with 3%. Investigate what happened.

We saw problems disqualification by the lights. A tip. Deactivate the button or key to turn them on. Then the game starts automatically.

See you in the next.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The tires problem has nothing to do with the tires. It has to do with a lack of aero balance between the front and rear of the car. The mod, though better than the orig Pescarolo, is not very good right now because of the aero issues. The 6 hour race is still going to be fun and I still hope for a bigger grid than the 90 min race had, but in the future the aero has to be analyzed and fixed by someone who has experience with this sort of thing, not guessing what looks right.

I won't be there to see it, as the SCES is being held on a Saturday. I'm going to see about getting races like this held regularly on Sundays using a different server and a different group to organize things. We will take this base mod (it is a very good base- it just needs a lot of tweaking) and improve it and roll out something better for endurance racing.

So enjoy the 6 Hours of Mid-Ohio and watch this forum for further developments on endurance racing with rF2. I know there are a couple of GT mods being developed so there's also that to look forward to!

9. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I think you're right Guy.

10. guod

guod Registered

11. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

In my opinion, the SCES Series on Saturdays is a really good thing. Since most of the races are longer, it would count out alot of people who have to get up early on monday mornings.

Too busy with work today to join the test race, although im really looking forward to June 9th.

12. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

The current Pesca form is a rushed version because we couldn't push back the dates and didn't want to have any issues moving forwards, just something people could test and give feedback on...

The aero issue Guy described won't fix the current tyres, the current tyres are still the C6R tyres, which also wear out faster on the front than the rear on the C6R... So fixing the aero may improve the balance of the car, it will do very little for the wear rates of the front tyres...

Since we had to keep the dates we used this early prototype of the P1... The engine, the tyres and the aero have all been improved since then, but won't be going on the server until the SCES mod is ready for the series...

If you plan on attending the SCES series and would like to run the P1 please put any feedback here as I'll be more likely to read it..

http://simhqmotorsports.com/forum/u...33/Re_Mod_and_Sign_up_for_the_Six#Post3692933

Thanks

13. Gadir

Gadir Registered

I'm sorry, but...

We are not sure of taking part in the next Sunday in the event. To run for 6 hours against only 2 cars is very boring. In the yesterday event, they were 9 cars in track, but only 3 LMP1. I believe that in order that this event is entertained must to there be more cars in track or more cars of the same category. I propose, to run all with the same car to make her more interesting. With such a short grid, there can no be two categories.

We think it.

Gadir

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

We had a great sign up for the first event, but with this much time and too many events at the same track, people wandered and lost interest. Team Hot Wheels still plans to run the P1 but we're going to work up the Vette and hedge our bet just in case. You're right, Gadir- no sense in running 2 classes with this few cars, so let's have a back up plan and practice the Corvette in case that's what we run.

Let's still show up and run, but if we have too few P1 cars, let's be prepared to run GT. Sound good?

15. oqvist

oqvist Registered

I agree dual class is only fun if there is a stacked grid. Is it realistic to have three classes in the SCES series?

16. Capeta

Capeta Registered

All French Racing will not have the possibility to prepare the race with another car than the LMP1 as there is less than one week to the event and one of our drivers will not do more than 20 laps until the race because of job/family (with little baby) & all that.
    So, we're here to race with the LMP1.

17. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

We really like slower cars and will race in GT4, even with no competition in our class.

18. guod

guod Registered

So there is no confusion, this Sunday's Six Hours of Mid-Ohio will be for LMP1 and GT2.

The 370z will come along for the SCES series.

19. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Sorry i didnt want to confuse, i was picking up the question regarding if three classes are a good idea.

20. guod

guod Registered

NP! Just want to make sure everyone realizes Sunday's race is still two classes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.