Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Yes I just think my pedals aren't working very well.
    I don't have a problem with how that work, I wanted to be sure about it to be sure there is a problem on my pc/pedals.
    But I don't see anything suspect on the controller panel.
    I have to search.
    That could mean my car brake 80% of the time (maybe just 1%).
    If that's the case, I'm ****in fast !

2. Miro

Miro Registered

I had the same problem mate, the braking pedal is always braking. Just a tiny little bit, you can't even see it properly in the settings but that's enough to close the DRS. You need to add just a tiny little bit of braking deadzone to the braking pedal.

I didn't notice that until I tried the Marussia.

3. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I knew I had that kind of problem so I already have made what was needed but even with 50% of deadzone, if I'm not on the throttle, the DRS close.

I'll continue to look at hat.
    Thanks for advice.

4. MrDense

MrDense Registered

Obvious hint for any other complete noobs! When the entry in the mods list is black, not grey and it is not installed, you have to right-click and choose install! I was selecting and looking for the 'install' button that wasn't there.

Also found this fantastic torrent that should take care of missing track issues.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7103-Download-All-locations-%28torrent%29

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I hope Tim passes this on, F1 cars nearly always use kg for their fuelweight so it would be nice to see that here aswell :)

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just go into controllers, hold the pedal down, click max, let off, click min. OR, ALMOST LIFT OFF, then click min. That will calibrate the motion range your pedal has.

7. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Yep, I know, already done that. :confused:
    That's weird. But I'm offtopic I guess.

8. canastos

canastos Registered

Sounds like you have activated combined pedals at your wheel's profiler panel, or whatever name it has ;)
    If so, uncheck it

byyyyyyyyye

9. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Nop.
    Another guy I know have made some laps and it's look he have the same.

10. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Was racing with a friend tonight and his wing was popping up and down without him doing anything.

Edit. just tested mine and the DRS switches off at Zero throttle. Sat in the pits with an external view. With no throttle I can't open the flap, give it some revs and it will open, shut the throttle it closes again.

Have set Brake pedal deadzone in profiler and in game , same result.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Yes, I noticed it too with the Marussia, also in pitlane btw, no throttle = no drs ..... Little bit of thrrotle = drs possible

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Even being an atheist, I got to say: My God!

Driving this car is insane. Now I realize how silly were the RF1 F1-Mods... I've been always wondering why in the Earth I got my front slipping all around when I gear down during coast. Yes, a F1 car should never be coasting but when you learning a track or you running out of tires, sometimes you're in a coasting situation and the F1 mods for RF1 were pretty ridiculous on it, the car just went out of control promptly. In addition, over throttling at corners exit always drive you out of control or make you lose a stupid huge time. Now you even pay the price by applying the throttle early but you still on the command.

I was able to go 50 laps around Malaysia circuit without a crash or a huge off. In RF1 Mods it's almost impossible. Ok, laptimes were not that good, but still... not using DRS anytime and far away to master this car.

I'm guessing here what Codemasters staff would feel after drive their F1-2012 Marussia and then this RF2 one.

In addition I got a very reasonable control during braking using T500rs pedals. Nothing major to register here. My only complaining remains being the FPS. When I'm driving it's almost acceptable, but when I'm seeing external replays... hmmmm... Just for reference, I can run FSX all maxed in custom and demanding scenarios.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  13. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I think a good way to do this would be how you have the 2 versions already, maybe just add one more with DRS. Is there also an option to disable refueling in a race? Forced to use qualy setup and tyres?

I think in the end these options should be user selectable rather then built into tracks. Though DRS zones do need to be set by the track maker for obvious reasons.

The 2 zones should be IMHO the main straight and the next straight out of t1 into the tight left hander which could either be called t2 or 4 depending on if those kinks are considered turns.

Regarding DRS in general especially with a 2012 car, it was allowed to be used anywhere in each section outside the race. So I don't see why some would want it disabled as its an integral part of the car. Its up to the driver to realise where and when to use it safely and for best results.

The only way to defend against DRS is make sure you go fast enough to keep a 1 second gap in race. Regarding tyres I think of would be interesting to do a long race with all tyres available.

This would then allow many strategic options, especially if those used tonqualy had to be used in the race. You would want super soft for pole, but even with just 1 hot lap on it you'd be lucky to get another 10 laps at good pace.

The other options are slower but will give longer life so each person would need to come up with a good race plan. Id even like F1 for real to have all tyres available at each race. This would spice things up the most much more then the current method.

14. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I'm using CSPs with the position bumped up for shorter travel (more on the load cell) and it's still overly sensitive. I apply not even enough pressure to get on the cell and it still wants to lock. Move the bias, it does the same at the other end. When it's all rubbered in and everything is warm, it's certainly better, but without those two, the brakes are basically useless under 75 MPH, even if you've warmed them by dragging the pedal.

They aren't "wrong" but I can guarantee you it's a driver preference thing. This goes back to GPL where there was a tool to run custom diff settings - some hated it, I personally sided with the "If Lotus wanted these diff ramps in their car, they could" camp. Run a low sensitivity for this car and the problem is minimized.

Again, I bet a LOT of this comes down to simply being a simple car compared to what is actually happening with the real thing, or at the very least not nearly as well documented.

On that note, the FW31 at iRacing has dynamic brake bias (You can set a base value for low braking, peak value for full braking - however due to the rules you can only set overall bias while the car is moving), have these been banned or does the Marussia not have one or does rF2 not support it?

So, you are saying the tire is indeed rotating, it's just showing up graphically as static? It did the exact same thing while actually driving in terms of the wheel stopping supremely quickly - and again mind you, with a ~75% braking deadzone.

15. mel1c

mel1c Registered

+1: Same for me. It is OK like that, but it sounds like that's not the intended operation

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Damn!

I wish I had a wheel with more buttons!!! :mad:

:(

17. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

I dont quite understand how it could be an issue...the design and purpose of the DRS is to reduce the aero drag on the car to increase the top speed. If you are letting off on the throttle, you aren't trying to achieve maximum velocity anymore and logically must mean that if you arent accelerating, you're braking for a turn, which is where you want the aero drag back.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Lol, definately, yeah :D.

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Agreed.

I think it's integral part of series rules. Yes it was the case on season 2012 but then again why not make it configurable.

I believe all those things should be configurable kind of "in-game" (GUI, config file, etc) and track should only support DRS with predefined zones. It's logical that way.

Hmm, actually it would be logical to have DRS zones configured in series too. OK currently F1 is only one using it but who knows what modders will build. DRS zones should be adjusted to fit vehicle class so it would work as intended (overtaking is not too hard and not too easy). If I would have to decide it then I'd make it so that track makers could add default DRS zones. Then there would also be additional parameters "in-game" so race admins could create their own DRS zones which would overrule default zones. If rF2 knows vehicle distance from starting line then it should be very easy to implement and breaze for race admins to define zones for example:

Code:
    DRS activation gap="1.000" // Maximum time difference in seconds between vehicles when DRS is allowed for pursuing driver
    DRS use default="0" // Whether to use default DRS zones defined by track maker: 0=override 1=default
    DRS detection point="-550" // Distance in meters along the track from starting line to DRS detection point
    DRS activation point #1="-300" // Distance in meters along the track from starting line to first DRS activation point
    DRS zone length #1="900" // Length in meters for first DRS zone
    DRS activation point #2="960" // Distance in meters along the track from starting line to second DRS activation point. Leave empty to disable zone
    DRS zone length #2="500" // Length in meters for second DRS zone
    DRS activation point #3="" // Distance in meters along the track from starting line to third DRS activation point. Leave empty to disable zone
    DRS zone length #3="" // Length in meters for third DRS zone
    Of course there's lots of stuff which could and should be added. For example race admins could define DRS zones by keyboard shortcuts while driving and so on. Possibilities are endless. :)

If ISI wants to use those ideas then feel free to do so. I don't know if copyright things are defined at forum rules but just want to make sure that I don't want anything from these ideas other than wish you could turn them into reality. :)

20. perplex

perplex Registered

This year the DTM is using DRS too. DTM Mods coming for sure, so we need more tracks with the DRS option. :)