[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yeah, 1-13 should be on the circuit side of the pit building, pretty much where you'd expect them to be (#1 closest to the control tower, #13 closer to the paddock exit. If they were showing up you would have seen them, so there must be a problem with it somewhere. I know one time I pitted online and it did show up. Someone else was in the pits too, if that makes a difference. But yeah, sounds like there is a problem that needs fixing...
    Unless...
    Did you cross over the yellow line? The pit-in xsector only extends from the fence to the yellow line, and it's a meter or two before the paddock exit (also pitlane speed limit zone start) so the paddock exit is inside the pitlane boundaries. The pit-out xsector is just before the end of the yellow line.
    View attachment 9471
    In real life, no racing was permitted on the pit-side of the yellow line.

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Bonza! Loving it. I wish there were some Targa stages out there. I am working on some Aussie muscle that will really suit this track. That is if it all comes together and I have enough skills to finish project.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Wow... didn't get to run it yet, but that video looks awesome. I really like historic Spa as it's just so mindboggling to race trough open country roads with all that wonderfully detailed scenery (and knowing they did it for real), but on that factor this track might become my new favorite.

As I might not get to launch it this weekend, could someone tell me where it sits FPS-wise... all those details might have a price, or is it not so bad as Silverstone?

Oh, and if you accept paypal, then I'd happily donate a bit for future efforts. I think stuff that is so detailed should be rewarded.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I find it above average fps for online track, 90-120fps my specs.

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks for the compliments :) The few times I joined a server running the track I got a few reports that the framerates were pretty good. Before release I compared it to ISI's Belgium (40s-50s fps) and I was getting 50s-60s at Longford (HDR, 6xAA, full details, full reflections, med shadows, 9 AI). It will run better than Silverstone by a long shot (mainly because Silverstone has a whole bunch of hi-res textures I think)

Now for a quick update note:
    - I've remapped the racegroove texture so there are no chinks where the the mapping didn't line up (much better now).
    - Mirages are now appearing.
    - Fixed listener positions for some trackside cameras that were effectively muted.
    - Possibly fixed the bridge fence collision mesh that was flinging people into the air, but i'll test it some more.
    - Fixed a levitating clump of grass.
    - Fixed some grass popup.
    - Did a little more vertex painting (also made a mini-tute which you can check out here).
    - Batched a few bushes which will improve performance (probably by about 0.00001% :p ).
    - Posted a possible "fix" for the pit box not showing (see post 181 (just a few prior to this post - make sure you drive through the pit-in xsector on your way into the pits - awaiting confirmation). edit: Just ran a few laps online and offline testing for the the pit box bug, and the box appeared as normal every time (pit spot #1 or #2 i think).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Okay, I just had to make time and install it today, and it looks and drives really well. Thanks for this great track. A year ago I had no idea what the Tasman series was, but all this excellent work done on RF2 is really drawing me into historic F1 and similar stuff.

My FPS though are lower than Belgium... I think that the close roadside objects take a higher toll on FSAA. But I'll find a faster card soon ;)

7. hdj

hdj Registered

Just tried this out with the historic f3s and it looks fantastic. Good job!

However it,s a real frame rate killer. I,m getting 28 for most of a lap then jumping to 45-55 as I come out of the slower corners.
    All details set to medium with shadows, reflections, movies etc to off.

Card is a Sapphire 7950.

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Has to be your setup. With my crappy 1GB 4890 I'm on all settings Full/High, Medium Shadows, HDR, FXAA, 16X AF, 4X AA and its 35-40FPS.

9. hdj

hdj Registered

Not blaming this excellent track. I get low fps and crazy fps hikes at all tracks. Spent two months after I got the card just fiddling with game and CCC settings but to no avail. Ho hum.

Anyway, sterling piece of work Woochoo, I'm just hacked off that I can't enjoy it as it should be cos of rF2s "graphics issues".

Moan over.

(yes wrong place, I know)

10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi hdj,
    I haven't set up the object detail levels yet. Hopefully once I've got that done you can get a bit of a performance improvement.

11. hdj

hdj Registered

No problems woochoo, just keep up the good work. Hopefully the next ISI build will improve things in general.

12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Did you try with historic formulas?
    If yes, i think it is a rF2 bug, not a track fault. :)

13. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks Max :)
    I just tried to serve a speeding penalty in the BT20 and the box didn't show up unless I requested a pitstop.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Would you mind saying your resolution? Very same card, 2xFSAA, otherwise same settings its 22-28 for me at 1920x1200. Definitly GPU limited as FSAA off gives 40+. If you have a similar res then I have a config problem. How did you select FXAA mode?

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day,

Waiting for 7990 to drop. 1080p @ 120hz, 4.5Ghz, SSD with 16GB of memory. I ditched CCC for RadeonPro as it has few more options. I have adjusted a few PLR commands. I cap my game play at 40FPS as it is a 1:3 ratio of my monitor refresh rate. I also found forcing triple buffering works well. The new F2 & C6 are a real problem for me though due to the new shaders being used. On these vehicles I get better performance with Medium shadows than Low but it still get massive stutters even though on my tests my GPU can be under 75% load whilst only using half its VRAM.

Oh btw I run High FXAA in RP.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
  16. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I tried this, and the box shows up if I request a pit stop, otherwise it doesn't.

17. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hello,

Back to the bumps in the road... I usually run with almost no "smoothing" set ingame. I turned it up to 25 and the track is now managable. Actually, I wouldn't mind more/bigger bumps but, they almost all seem to be coming from the center of the road.

Anyways... I'm sure the final will have this along with other problems I'm not aware of worked out.

Thanks again for a great historic track! I still think that this track has the highest "immersion factor" of any track I've raced on any sim (not that I've driven them all... hardly... ).

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 BB

View attachment 9530

Other thing is announcer in all cams but one corner, be nice to have like Indianapolis in just one.

Tried doing reverse was great.

Then we did some driving opposite to each other 2 way public road ie: stay left lane. p

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ahahahaha, yeah that was great XD. How hard would it be to actually re-do a track for reverse driving? I'm guessing all the AI and sector markers need to all be rejigged, which would take a bit.

You passed in the blink of an eye doing the opposite way driving, near 300 odd kph going each way haha.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah you would need the ai limited to speed limit but have a few overtaking here and there.

With all the extra Longford roadway you could have some going and coming on side roads and using blinkers.

Maybe have a highway patrol chase going on, ambulance or bush fire truck :p

Like I said you would dip your headlights to see them coming so you could cut corners at
    night.

Be cool for street car mods.

I think it would be sick, people don't appreciate originality. :p