[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

Fantastic quality, a real pleasure to race and admire scenery.

I only wish the markers where slightly more obvious.

2. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Love it... outstanding effort Woochoo

Thank you very much!!!

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Realistic for the 60s out here, raising the level of the pits with topsoil in the 60s would be overkill.

Longford would have the most detail of any track infield, there is more fences, gates, trees. houses , outhouses p and shearing sheds then you can poke a stick at.

Have a look at my screen.

Play find the identical looking slats in that post and rail fence.....I dare ya.

Now that is detail. !

I would bet you never even noticed.

;)

4. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

Ok i'll play ball.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

quite easy really :p

On a serious note, really fantastic job. Had a drive around here this evening and it is stunning, congratulations on your creation, the detail you've gone to is incredible.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

hehehe you get my point though. :)

I was only funning Jim but pointing out for people the stuff you see while exploring Longford.

If he put any more dirt and tar in outfield and infield I would never lap.

DJC and I spent a couple of hours in paddocks.

My Idea for Longford would be public road mod. lopl

1. Bathurst legends cars in stock paint with 2 beam headlights
    2. Ai that could drive anti clockwise only.
    They would do the speed limit in although they could overtake each other here and there ( diff speed ai )
    They would dip their headlights when you did and have blinkers and they may go a different side road.
    3. Streetlights at corners varying quality
    4. Red and white reflectors on posts on the long straights would look awesome.

You could have a night run with traffic.

lopl

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Never have really been able to "sightsee" on a track. I got this infallible urge to "go" when I hit a track. Yea, I do look some times but usually only when I have clobbered a fence, or similar.

I do notice the road in front of me along with the FFB. I really like this track and I'm getting real fond of that field thru the gate. If there was a pond out there, I might stop and fish a bit.

I drove this track a lot in RF1, probably this and Oulton Park (and then a 100 others). Oulton Park was always the first track I drove with a new mod. (which is why I thru it in that previous track wish list)

7. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Truly amazing...thankyou...

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Incredible work, Thank you! The detail is a work of art!

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Thank you so much for this track. True pearl.

10. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Treeeeeemendous! Thank you!!!

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick feedback report for this track, after a session tonight (which included woochoo):

- Sometimes when joining the grid, the cars are misaligned (parked diagonally) or even colliding with each other.

12. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I've been getting out onto a few servers the last few days (i don't normally race online) and it's great to see real people driving around, rather than the AI. You guys (and the hosts) are really bringing life to the track for me. Thanks. And helping with bugs :) As mentioned earlier I'll aim to have an issue-fix update out in the next two weeks, or less.

Thanks for all the support in-game and in-forum :)

Nice rainbow fence too, WHAT :)
    And thanks Durge for talking-up the small things :)

edit: just got your post Guimengo. Grid issue is noted. Will try a regular 2-2-2-2... grid in the update.
    Just checked in the AIW editor and all the slots are lined up in order with no overlap. Interesting...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  13. lbird

lbird Registered

Nothing new from me regarding bugs, but at least i owe a big thank you to woochoo. Great work, a fabulous track and improvements coming along the way. Now give me the ISI Lola and i will be in heaven on this track...

14. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

This really is a great piece of work. I'm getting some low-ish FPS with it, but that doesn't surprise me at all, really. Time for an upgrade.

I still can't get that damn right-hander after the little squiggly section right in my '66 F2. Need more practice. I think my gearing is wrong, too. Need a wee bit longer gear, I think...

Thanks for all the hard work, mate. Top job :) I hope we get more high quality historic content like this coming down the pipe. It's basically all I drive in rF2.

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I had a wonder around the area with 'Google Streets'. It's very much different now, a lot has changed from 1967. The Train Bridge is still there but the road you drive under it has now been bypassed with a motorway. The pub/hotel is still there happy to see. The two river bridges that you drive over are now long gone.

I did run into a odd bug when pitting. Two of us online could not seem to be able to get our Red pit arrow to show. I found it worked no problem offline or if there are only a few drivers, but if online room has many then it failed to show for some.

Loving the track, I can see why you been on this track for 4 years.
    Yes, I like your idea of an Easter egg hunt on your track, it's so huge, no one will find none :D.

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great track! Thank you!!!

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hey Mr. Trackmaker, the grid idea was really cool, perhaps it's something server related? I'd hate to see it go if it happens to not be the track's fault. I can't say how it is offline as last night was the first time I ever drove there, and we had about 6 restarts.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I am Aussie I am Bias .............

Every word is true though.

I don't "rate" tracks , Kyalami and Jarama and Nords75 hardly get any server time now yet are among favorites to lap..........go figure.

Longford is my favourite rF2 track at this time hands down ................remember I drive F3 95% of the time.

I wait patiently for any glimmer of hope before I leave this world we see Dundrod and Isle of Man full road done with the same feel and look as yours............then I would have a dilemma on my hands. lopl

Please no newbies bring up rips of those....................... or I will bite your head off, be warned ) hehehe

The overwhelming thing since Longford is I can't seem to pick a next favourite track.......... it has gone sorta' foggy. ??? :p

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

One thing I would like besides things experts understand although it may not
    be realistic and is for my half arsed driving and bad glasses with optimal blur ....... so take that into account. :p

I would really love to have brake markers on the outside of last turn.

..........and ISI can you please rotate my F3 tacho to the left so I can see redline please. lopl

20. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

We're still loving this track at F3 Fanatics. DD is there as I type this and I will be joining up with the "gang" as soon as I'm done posting this post.

One complaint, if you will; the massively huge bumps on the straights with dotted lines? I can appreciate "knowing that you're running them over" however you can't even barely straddle them without losing control in the F3s and they seem "wider than the stripes". You have to pick a lane and stay there.

Other than that, I beleive this to be the nicest looking, most emersive track I've run on any sim.... ever.

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013