rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Yes, it's not DX making a difference, but the engine, it's implementation, textures and so on.

2. gniewko

gniewko Registered

Of course DX11 makes difference over DX9 if both used properly, there's no doubt about it.

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Sorry mate, but I did Poznan and it doesn't look like on your screenshot.
    The same place - link

It looks like you don't have even anisotropic filtering in rf2.

As for performance, on my ATI 6770/Core i3 I can go with everything max in rf2 and AA2x, AF16x with 30-50fps at Poznan.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

You are not comparing at all favourably for one, that is a dire pic of Poznan, I didn't even recognise it until feels commented. and even so the differences have nothing to do with the DX version, Have you not tried Pcars in Dx9 mode? hardly any difference. All the graphics gurus here have repeatedly said that the DX version has no real bearing on what you see on screen...so yes I still think DX11 makes no difference in this context.

Do I think there could be improvement? yes, Do you convince me that can only be acheaved by wasting the Devs time rewriting the engine for DX11? absolutely not.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

None of the differences I see in that picture has anything to do with DirectX 11. rFactor2 has a dynamic sky so it won't support fancy clouds like that. AC shows fancy 3d grass which you can also see at places in rFactor2 Lime Rock Park, nothing to do with DX11. Road textures seem slightly less detailed in rF2 shot, again nothing to do with DX11.
    The shadowing of the trees and the color to me looks better in AC. This is mostly because rF2 engine has fully dynamic lighting depending on time of day, so it won't always look as good. But agreeably rF2 color tone and shadowing could be tweaked towards better still. But again, nothing to do with DX11.

6. Seth

Seth Registered

7. Jize

Jize Registered

@feels
    but i think that time of day also has an impact. post your screen again at 1:00 pm. it seems that yours is taken at 5 or 6 pm. then ofc lightning is different etc.
    i think that it is a problem of the game engine atm that during the day textures etc are way too bright.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hmm, I think it is obvious that RF2 must speed up at gfx.

9. Seth

Seth Registered

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

11. Seth

Seth Registered

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Try Tosch's custom made HDR profiles for Poznan and drive somewhere between 3-5 PM and you will notice a difference.

Default HDR profile at the day time makes everything look ugly.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  13. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Definitely it isn't textures fault. I have much higher texture resolution in Poznan.
    Check out road textures in pitlane in AC, they are pretty low res.

The main difference between AC and rf2 is that AC has better lighting, higher contrast, better colours and much better shaders. (trees and cars are good example)

In terms of details, current track in AC is pretty empty and I presume that's main reason why people have very good performance in AC.

14. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I wasn't talking specifically about Poznan, I had in mind ISI tracks. Also I'm not talking only about resolution, but also colors and overall quality of a texture.

15. Seth

Seth Registered

OK ok i'm just so sad for the moment that i spend 64 euros on RF2 and have more fun playing with AC i've paid 4,99 euros. but of course RF2 has more feature than AC with 1 track and 1 car, that's obvious.

16. Seth

Seth Registered

thanks TIIGcan you give me the link tyo Toschh' hdr profil ?? want to try it.....if iit cann makes RF2 look better i take it.....like i said RF2 physic is great.

17. Alesi

Alesi Registered

but check out it in Iracing or c.a.r.s its much higher (i love textures in Iracing - the road, gravel, grass... looks very very good)

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I sympathise with you but if I count all the fun I had/have with RF2, I think I owe ISI much more than I gave them.
    Perhaps forget your sadness and go buy a console instead?

19. Alesi

Alesi Registered

but check out it in Iracing or c.a.r.s its much higher (i love textures in Iracing - the road, gravel, grass... looks very very good)

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

If you have more fun with AC offering 1 car 1 track than rF2 with...yes I don't know how many cars and tracks but it's plenty, then I guess it's the GRAPHICS only that makes it so much FUN (because you said you liked rF2 ffb and feeling if I remember correctly?), SO then maybe you should stick with AC. I don't want to play with stupid people anyway. But maybe I have to because probably I'll buy AC too.

Agree.