REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Here it is

c6r.jpg

2. MJP

MJP Registered

As I said it most closely resembles the 2012 engine spec in terms of displacement, torque and power.

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

So raw to drive it without driving aids.

What are the real driving aids btw?

4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

According to the graph, it looks like the ideal shift point is going to be around the 6200 RPM mark, maybe slightly lower.

6. Vis

Vis Registered

According to the graph, it looks like the ideal shift point is going to be around the 6500 RPM mark, maybe slightly higher.
    In fact, max power is 487.7 kW @ 5750 rpm and stays quite flat until 6500 rpm, where it puts out 476.5 kW.
    So if you shift up @ 6500 rpm with a supposed drop of 1500 rpm, you end up @ 5000 rpm in next gear, where you find 457.1 kW.
    So staying between 5000 ~ 6500 rpm you get an average 475 kW of power trough this range.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Any recommendations for suitable tracks for Corvette? I have a feeling this car do not fit to every track... or then I just do not like it. But I have had fun with it on some tracks (Putnam park) but then I do not like it on Croft or Mid-Ohio.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Sebring 12h (not an easy track but a real one adapted to the car). We tested yesterday. And to feel the car better, increase the Caster in the setup (6.0 instead of 5.0 for me), the result is amazing, like you add weight in the steering wheel. And use the TC at low for example (the car have it in real)

And this setup can help to get a car stable : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7429-rFactor-2-Car-Setups?p=139148&viewfull=1#post139148 (no sure about it in long run, but stable and make confident to start). Watch for the first lap, the car need to be in good temperature with tire before attacking.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thank you for reply. I have tried Sebring too and it was ok. I try those settings to see if it makes the difference. I believe some TC could help a lot.

10. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Thank you for the tip Mad, I'll try this one because I was a little disappointed by the Vette. I don't "feel" this car in my wheel like I "feel" the others. It's almost like in iRacing.

11. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Maybe this is simply how it feels when this car is acurately reproduced in a sim.

12. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I don't "feel" any cars (TSW Wheel - no force feedback). ;-)

However, I do think the Vette is great as is! Folks here seem to want cars where all they have to do is smash the gas and go and that's simply not how race cars drive. They require finesse and throttle control to keep the rear end in check (RWD cars).

13. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

I totally agree with this ! The Vette is just incredibly gorgeous to drive ! That was not my point. What I said is that I don't feel the car's reactions like I can feel it with all the other cars. I don't really feel the weight transfer on braking for example.
    Apart that, this car is absolutely great ! I love it !

14. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll have to pay more attention when I drive it this weekend.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I was experimenting with tyres on c6r and sth is wrong. With rear tyres I mean. It's like contact patch is somewhat wrong. Even the way those rear tyres heat up is strange. You can try anything you want to try heat up the inside edge of the rears. No way... The center is ALWAYS hotter than inside edge and the outer edge seems to be somewhat left out in everything that rear tyres do. It's like most of the stress always goes to the center of the tyre. Anyone else has the same observation?

I don't want to jump ahead and shout: "Rear tyres are flawed! LOL LOL LOL! OMG!"

I just want to see if others can confirm that they have the same problem.

16. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I'm no setup nor physics expert but I really found somethings weird when looking at some data on Motec. But I'm still inclined to think that the problem is me! :D

Anyway, is interesting to hear other people founding it weird too.

I'll keep testing here and see if I find any "solution".

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

The problem is that changing setup doesn't change a thing. It's like rear tyres are imune to changes. (lol)

You can set camber to hilarious levels, tyre pressure extremely low or high, toe levels, dampers and springs... even drive it differently. They are still responding to it rather weird. With extremely negative camber and low pressure you would expect inside shoulder of rear tyres to go quite hot... WRONG. It's still the center of the tyre that's getting hot.

When your tyre pressure is too high it is pretty normal that center of a tyre goes hotter than inside shoulder. However whatever tyre pressure you set it doesn't make any difference to how these rears are heated up.

I think the problem is a glitched contact patch. Maybe it calculates friction in a wrong way (wrong surface) and that's what makes those weird outcomes. If it is really it then fixing it would make Corvettes much... MUCH more stable at the rear end.

18. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

A part of the known issues file:

Tire Model
    ==========
    -Contact patch load distribution model is not final, which means tire pressure does not have the full effect that it should.
    -Aquaplaning is not implemented, so wet weather driving is only properly modelled when the track is damp but with no standing water.
    -There are other relatively minor loose ends.
    -Curbs, white lines have almost no grip in rain.

I think that especially the unfinished contact patch load distribution model may have something to do with the values you are getting, and that it will make all the cars more stable when finished

19. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Yep. Forgot about that.

Front tyres are more or less ok-ish (it doesn't mean it's working well). There are some inconsistances. However rear tyres are totally messed up right now.

I'm some kind of setup freak and working with c6r makes my life really frustrating. I love tweaking my settings and working with motec. Right now it doesn't make much sense to work with it on hardcore level. Just some checking if car is bottoming, working on tyre wear etc.

Hell, even driving this car doesn't make me smile. It's hard (I like when car is hard to drive fast) but there is difference between difficult car and unpredictable car. I like when car gives me hard time but right now with those rear tyres it makes it rather frustrating instead of challenging. I have very little confidance in rear end. Sometimes it goes steadily loose and sometimes it snaps. Bites like a cat. It feels like a cat: You can caress it, it allows you, but suddenly it changes mind and scratches you. C6r is the same. It feels like it's planted so you turn with confidance and " *(@#$&@*(^@$*($&@* " you land in the wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  20. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Not sure if there is something odd with the tires but the C6R can be thrown around OOB really well. Doing low 51s (during Q, race pace mid 51s) at Lime Rock with the uphill chicane, i.e. layout that it is used in ALMS. That matches the rl times of the C6R running at LRP. Could be slow for in game, dunno, only race offline. If the car had more grip it wouldn't match up correctly with what a GT2 can do there.

Only change I made, besides fuel load and brake pressure, was to lower the dif power and increase the coast. Using a T500, not sure if that has anything to do with the improved feel but I can run lap after lap with no surprises with this car. Loads up real nice and can lift to half throttle to adjust the line in the last two turns if needed.