REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Yep there is something odd with the tyres. Check out motec if you don't believe me.

But like it was said it is mainly due to unfinished contact patch and pressure influence. If it is really it then fixing this problem SHOULD fix the car. It will be more predictable and should be more tamed when driven hard but all in all it's American car. You can't expect it to drive like on rails. (But driving like it's front tyres are chewing gum [not in the good way] and the rears are cobblestone with a stripe of rubber in the middle isn't right either)

However I don't have problem with driving this car with decent pace over many laps but it's more like tip-toe style rather than full attack mode. Like I said before, right now it doesn't give me grin on my face. Only immense focus to keep it clean and tidy. There is no fun in that. It should be hard car to drive but right now it's unpredictably handful. Most of the time during races you are fighting the car rather than your opponents.

Also I like working on setup on hardcore level to get everything as it should be. It makes me so happy to see my hard work on reading telemetry having some time of glory on track when I see and feel the difference. Right now I can't make it work as it should because of these rear tyres and messed contact patch.

Btw. Try it on Spa. There is a good mixture of different type of corners. It took me couple of hours to figure it out how to make 2:21 there (Ha, with F1 car in rF1 it was a bit easier there ;) ). Should be 2:20 with some practice.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You must be new here. People don't read the readme they only complain around here even though that part of the readme hasn't changed since day one. lol.

Once you figure out tire pressures don't mean crap and only setup the car for feel you'll do much better. The tire needs alot more work but this last update brought some big changes to it IMO.

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

Have I miss interpreted what you said?? Is this in regard to the current bugs, or is this a sweeping staement over all vehicles? XD

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well I suppose I should say tire pressures don't do as much as they should. :p

To answer your question it's for all vehicles now but in the corvette it seems it's a bit different with my limited time with it.

Normal thinking is lower tire pressures(Too a point) for larger contact patch through turns. Well now this isn't working as it should in rF2 so adjust your tire pressures from feel through your wheel.

Take the megane around limerock with minimum tire pressures and hopefully a working tire hud and you'll see for yourself what is going on. :)

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ah, I thought you meant that tyre pressures are a waste of time in general...in all sims XD

Its a real tricky thing, and I wonder how ISI's tyre model handles it. Too low pressure, and the carcass of the tyre will start to lift in the middle of the contact patch, reducing grip and ruining feel.

6. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Just tryed this car the other day, Is this a joke?:(

7. Max

Max Registered

What did you find funny about it Plebre?

8. Plebre

Plebre Registered

The tyres. Never drove the real one, but I doubt that it's get near to be like.
    Well, I just did a couple laps and put it a side right way.
    Come on a year after the beta release? This can't be true.
    Don't take me wrong. I am a fan of ISI since F1 Challenge, and was involved on rFactor modding scene.

P.S. With my hardware (one display and tracKIR) I did not feel the sense of speed, also.

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Are you drunk?

10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I think what he is saying is that even though he has never driven one in real life, that it's wrong and he should know... :rolleyes:

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Green track and cold tires is sick...whatever car you are driving. Brakes locking up as fast as you touch the pedal. I can use no more than like 10% of pedal regardless what speed... 5 km/h or 205 km/h. But as fast as I drive a couple of laps (especially if there are others on track) rubber builds up and the car feels amazing.

But IMO default setup sucks, because it looses the rear in corner exit too easy, regardless what speed or if throttle is 0% or 100%. But some small adjustments and the car is...amazing!

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Perhaps you should describe what is happening on which track and after how many laps to better make your point? As mentioned by Hedlund, cold tires on a green track means your car isn't going to handle for crap.

13. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Ok thanks,

At that moment I was so dissapointed. The lost of grip feel that is not right or overdone. I did a couple of laps at Virtual LM Sebring trying to warmup tires and brakes, but then, the Same feeling. And please take in mind that I am not new to rFactor2, did tryed all the others released car, at the Same conditions.
    Will give another try, comparing with the Nissan GT1.

14. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Was reviewing the topic and after all I am not alone, had absolutely the same feeling.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

GTR GT1 is a gripfest with buttload of power. Can't really compare them because they are too different. Only DTM mod (on twisty, fast tracks) and high downforce openwheelers from ISI are faster than GTR right now.

Better wait till they fix tyre pressures issue and then it should settle a bit. It won't be night and day difference however it should make things a bit more predictable.

Also being new to rF2 might be the thing because if your setup and I mean hardware setup (whole rig, monitors, powerful PC and well adjusted settings in both wheel and game and also fov) doesn't give you proper feeling of speed. You must not forget that sometimes this thing travels a lot faster than it feels.

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

This is EXACTLY what I felt the first times I drove the Corvette! If you go back a few pages you can find a post by me, complaining of lack of grip and that "physics is a step backwards" if I remember correctly, lol :eek: I also compared it to the Nissan GT1.

But now I think the opposite. It's all about the setup. When I found a way to make the car more stable it was much for fun to drive. But you have more "rfactorexperience" than me so I don't think I need to tell you how to setup :) And, I'm really not good at it. But what I do for all tracks is lowering spring rate (rear much more than front, like 228/175), lowering antirollbar (especially rear here too), decrease camber and set caster to 7 something. Toe in -15 front, 10 rear... Yeah, something like that. And some other fun stuff.

Anyway, THIS SETUP http://www.mediafire.com/?67lrs8lkpfarrna and the new released track Poznan by feels3 gave me the best sim racing experience I've had. The setup is not the best probably. But it was much fun... it's just to let AI rubber the track a few minutes and then warm tires. I hope you find a way to enjoy this car :)

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Presuming of course that the car is somewhat balanced with the setup anyways Golanv :)

19. coops

coops Banned

just started driving these over the last few days, imho they are great enjoy them a lot

20. john gianni

john gianni Registered

I'm not complaining about tires of physics or whatever, I really like a lot this mod and it's so much fun to master these monsters, but I find it very difficult to do proper lap times... I'm not a top level driver, but with Lola and Skippy for instance I can stay under 1 sec gap from the best drivers... This is not happening with the C6 even with a good setup... I'm around 2-3 sec gap and cannot improve! So I think there's something wrong in my driving technique... I'm looking for help, advises, tips or whatever could lower my lap time ! I suspect I brake too late and I'm not able to accelerate soon enough... But really can't make it... Do you have some driving suggestions? What's your improvement chronology :) ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013