REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. RNelson

RNelson Registered

My initial thoughts when I tried the Vette were: cannot feel the front tires at all, steering is VERY twitchy and sensitive, and braking is very difficult. I didn't go to the car setup I went to the steering control settings and have found some relief. I use an ECCI non-FFB wheel with 240 degrees of rotation. In-game the box was checked which said the game would determine steering (I don't recall its specific name) and next to it my steering rotation was 613 degrees. Steering sensitivity was 100% and steering was linear. I have made some changes to try and get things under control - with some luck but I still find the steering extremely sensitive. I just need to do a lot more testing before I can truly say one way or the other but with many having success and loving the car this tells me there is something in my settings that isn't correct.

And should anyone have any suggestions feel free to PM me or post them for others because I susopect I am not the only one in this predicament.

2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I'm totally surprised to read this from you. I thought for sure you'd enjoy this car and it's challenge. I love the car personally. It takes a few laps to get some heat in the tires , once you do you can really push it. The new tire model is also going to be a challenge. I hosted a 40 minute race last night. Was only a few of us online though, just 5, but fun was had. The thing I noticed immediately was tire wear. We ran Lime Rock Park and my front left was getting killed on the track. I was really chewing it up. I like the thought of this. Adds an element to longer races. I had to pit and get a fresh tire.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Lower your steering lock in the garage screen. Try it at 12 for starters. Lower the number means you'll have to turn the wheel more. Higher the number means you'll have to turn the wheel less.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I will try in those days to find the perfect setup for my driving style! some one says that you have to adapt your driving style to the car, but I simply can't ! I have my driving style and I cant change it, so I will try to try to adapt the car setup to my driving style!
    However, usually I don't like the heavy and high cv cars! my favorite cars are the GT1(370Z for example)!

5. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Ummm... The 370z is as heavy or heavier than the Vette (don't have the specs handy). My street 370z comes in at about 3200 lbs.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

"try to adapt the car setup to my driving style!"

Same here :D

Maybe you should try T5 series... these cars are easy to drive but I think they are still fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  7. Max

Max Registered

I find the Vette a great drive after setting things to one's liking. I am tearing up all the tracks with this beast. Great work ISI..

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Did some races at Med-Ohio tonight and it was ok! I need to improve more and more :p

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Saw you a couple of minutes ago... before I got dq'ed... :p

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi Flaux! You had a lot of lag and it was impossible to stay behind you!
    It was crazy because it seemed that every one was drifting out there!:)

11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Yeah,... don't believe it but maybe my connection has become to slow to race rf2 online.... rf1/gsc was all good afaik...

[​IMG]

12. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

I have the same connection results as you and have no lag so your ISP speed cant be the issue here.

13. the-D-

the-D- Registered

I'm loving the Vette, awsome car and excellent feel of control, not tried it with the new build as I'm on night shifts....bugger!!

Hey Daheee, we'll need to try n get a race online sometime :D

14. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

I'm really liking the Corvette. Still getting used to it, but it's a lot of fun to drive! :D Reminds me that I still need to adjust my setup though... Bummer that I can't get the most out of it right now.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I can't drive this car :( The FFB is lower than other cars? However I don't feel what the car is doing at all. The car is losing the rear too easy and I don't feel when it happens, I just see it on the screen. I just did a couple of laps at Estoril, and in the very slow corners I just spin (with almost no throttle at all...). I didn't spend too much time with the setup but I think the car should be drivable at default setup? The car looses the rear in every corner no matter if throttle is 0% or 100%. Feels like the rear is too light, or the whole car.

Nah, I'm a bit disappointed, physics are a step backwards IMO.

16. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

theres setups in http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7429-rFactor-2-Car-Setups Im using the C6 set and makes the car very drivable. :cool:

17. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

It's the most realistic driving tin-top here. Time to learn how to drive... ;-) This ain't Forza.

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol. I guess you are the expert who decides what's realistic or not? Can you tell me why it's "the most most realistic tin-top"? Just because the car is slippery and hard to drive it doesn't mean it's realistic. I can drive the 60's F1 perfectly, for example (enjoying them a lot), but the Corvette... no, just feels strange.

I love the Nissan GTR, but it's unrealistic perhaps?

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thank you, I'm gonna try it, although I have never been forced to use someone else's setup. So far I have found a way to learn the cars myself, but not this time.

20. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

You could try upping the car-specific FFB multiplier. I've set mine to 1.80 for the vette.