UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

rF2 alone is a lot of money.
    it's not only the modder's fault.
    i expected more licenses.

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Do you need 100 mods and 200 tracks? Sorry but i dont and never had them. In rf1 i used few mods over the years only and few tracks.
    Same goes for gtr2 where i played like 2-3 mods over all those years regulary. What if and what you really need is youre choise.
    Just becase a game has 100 mods im sure you dont have the time to play them all. Rf1 is full mods and like gtr2 only few worth something actually and i dont mean that by money but to the quality and scratch done work.
    But take all the conversion and ripped mods from rf1 and there is not alot left actually eather and most of those guys are even out of modding now so there will be nothing new. More modders go than new come.
    Im sure not all mods will ever be payment related. Some people will still take time to finish them and many will be banned before they will see the light.

Some people go and buy games every year for new f1 season that is nothing else than updated game with few new stuff added and tracks beeing reused but people buy it anyway.

3. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

I have only one question.

How can a potential customer of your mod(s) ensure that he/she will like the physics etc.

I think a refund will not work. But there should be at least any possibility to test it.

4. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I can only agree on that. For a customer like me, mostly interested in the physics, these should be testable before a buy. The visuals I would believe when seeing the screens

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't listen to it mate.

Before it was only ..........

Now it has become................

6. UnitedRacingDesign

We released the beta/demo to point that out, the physics has improved for the final but the base is same. Thats why there was the beta/demo in first place to show direction where we go.

7. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

I understand your point, and i hope you can understands my pov also.

Any Improvement will also be a change. And nobody can guarantee that i will like this changes. Maybe for me this improvements could be a failure.

I have no problem, if the car in this testmod/demo would look like a toy block, but at least i would like to feel what i get and not only what it was a few month ago.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

I do understand it, really, but i dont think ill manage to do another update on the beta now. I really can only say that changes were not made in big ways. There was overall FFB improvment done, suspension was adjusted and just smaller things were corected.
    I will consider if i could do something but i really doubt now.

9. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Thanks for your reply :)

btw. I would't expect another public demo. Just a way to make sure that i get what i want.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Here is a suggestion (and an off-the-cuff suggestion, at that)
    It's true that most people want some sort of idea of what it is that they are paying money for, and I could not blame anyone for that thought at all.

I also don't blame anyone for trying for doing pay for mods.

Here's the suggestion. "If a mod builder is truly convinced he or she has something worthy of sale, they might consider "giving" the mod to a person in the community that has a bit of "trusted experience" , in order that this trusted person could do a review of it.

That would do two things.
    1st -- show that the mod builder is confident in the quality
    2nd -- Give prospective buyers at least some confidence in what they are purchasing.

I will go on the record right now, that I believe in free enterprise. I also at no time have seen ISI or Tim state that no one can produce a paid mod for rf1 or rf2. It's the same for this payware stuff as it is for early release tracks and free mods. You can download or not download. This constant attack from people trying to tell the community that pay mods is a crap idea is getting a bit over the top.

11. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

I do not understand all the fuss! It is about 10 €. Which really precludes a lot of work. Some buy for € 10 a day cigarette, and the money is gone.

If I have understood correctly, it may be that the release version can also get updates if something does not fit.

Ales ahead and grab! I want to drive the release version.

greeting

Mike

12. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

How can a potential customer of any game title including rF2 and any console game and DLC content pack be ensured that they will like the content/physics, etc of what they are purchasing? Let's face it, whatever game product we buy in today's day and age, we have absolutely no way of knowing if we like it or not until after we purchase it. Especially when you buy games digitally or DLC packs via STEAM, Playstation Network or XBOX360, you do not even have the ability of a refund yet people still spend money and purchase them. Don't think of it as a product created by a mod group. Think of it as a third party DLC add on.

13. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Hmm, but you could also just wait 2 - 3 days after release and read the feedback in several Forums. Than you can choose the feedbacks in do you believe the most and decide if you buy the mod or not. :)

14. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Yes but this is not the right way, some people MUST be always screwed then, that you can make right decision for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
  15. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

First of all ... i'm unpledged to debate neither my motivations nor my purchasing behavior!

I had simply ask Ales a question and already get my answer.

But here you go:

I would never buy software on portals like steam. I have (my own) many reasons for this. And most of my games and other software i bought by my local dealer. There i always could test games and other software before i buy it. Other games etc. i have mostly seen by friends, and therefore was also able to judge it.

End of story ...

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Don't take it as an attack mate, I was generally speaking. Sure you yourself may not purchase from those mediums, but millions of gamers do without a second thought every single day, and then those same gamers throw a tiff about something like this. It just doesn't cease to amaze me.

I'm not saying you did that, or anyone else here did that, because I am not capable of knowing everyone's habits or anyone's other then my own. I was speaking in general about society as a whole. Games today don't give us demo's and we still buy them. Same with DLC. You may not do so yourself until you see it from a friend or view a demo, that's all well and good, but other people do.

I wasn't trying to debate with you or say you are wrong, I was just stating a generalization of how I see things.

17. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Just to make things clear:

I'm not against this project! Quite the opposite!

And i'm not talking about this 10,-

I think (and hope) Ales will make more than just this mod. And then we are talking about

10,- + 10,- + 10,- and so on.

@Petros: no problem ... thats all right :)

18. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

I think everyone should have the rights to say "No, i don't pay for Mods".
    But i hope they don't get these Mods in an illegal way. So many decency they should have also...

19. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

It's real simple and just like any other game/sim out there. If you don't want to pay for it, don't. It's as simple as that. If you can't wait a couple days (really all you need to do is wait a few hours) for the reviews to start popping up to make your decision, then too bad (I know you will anyway, but you need to find a reason to bitch about payware).

If you pay a couple bucks for it and you don't like it, tough! That's life!

That's not to say that they can't make the mod available to a reputable review shop, along the lines of gaming magazine review writers. I don't know if we have a place like that for racing games, but if so, that's where the mod should be sent for pre-release or post-release, honest reviews.

20. tito

tito Registered

The same for me !!!

Go ! Go! and Good luck !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.