UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

UnitedRacingDesing presents...Aura T5 beta/demo out

Hello Rfactor2 Community

T5 series is available in our shop at www.unitedracingdesign.com

Note that buying the 2 car pack will get you 3rd one as an update for free.

Templates for AuraT5&BayroT5 are here:
    Aura-http://www.mediafire.com/?i2gam1dvra6i7i4
    Bayro-http://www.mediafire.com/?2y5d36cadoaqe5p

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Our site is www.unitedracingdesign.com

View attachment 4990 View attachment 4991 View attachment 4992 View attachment 4993 View attachment 4994 View attachment 4995 View attachment 4996 View attachment 4997 View attachment 4998

Aura T5 Beta/demo is available here http://www.mediafire.com/?qzrlam6ejhz6hml

The car is in BETA status and as ive sayed before it doesnt include high detailed cockpit.
    It uses Bayro T5 engine sounds for now and only engine sounds are done sofar, others are placeholders only.
    The physics is not finished and it shows the way im trying to go, to offer fun and to simulate some racing experience.

The file contains 2 component files which you install like cars/tracks and any other components like opening Manage Mods
    uncheck "show mods only" in options and install AuraT5 and BayroT5_2012 components.

Have fun!

Best Regards,
    Ales Ogrinc
    UnitedRacingDesign

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Ales, Good luck. I have 1 question. How are you going to stop people who have bought your model from sharing it for free?

3. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

as will be able to work?
    If a person makes a full mod file, everyone will have the car for free.
    The truth is that I personally would like to help with contributions modders who work for rfactor 2, I think idea is not feasible, precisely because if I buy the machines then I create a mod full of files, anyone can install and have the car without paying you.

Babs

4. Twista

Twista Registered

Good luck getting people to pay for those mods once they figure out they can share them. :rolleyes:

5. canastos

canastos Registered

Seems interesting; will be revisiting this thread to see your progress; at the moment, I could buy this if I knew of some league racing this series.
    Don't know why, but I'm already imagining how the third car will be ;) (I love this series)

byyyyyyyyyyye

6. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

I don´t have any problems to pay for the things i want or i'm looking for.
    Of course, it is a matter of price, quality and quantity, but i will give it try.

7. Syonco

Syonco Registered

I fully support payware mods, i believe it gives modders that little extra to really wanting to produce a quality mod instead of releasing something half-baked. (No offence to anyone)

My wallet is ready! :)

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I will support these type of projects too :)

9. UnitedRacingDesign

Hey guys,

Thanks for the support and yeah some have pointed out that sharing whit mods can be kinda problems but I have some ideas in some way that could be controled but however it is this kinda stuff cant be stopped. Who will want it and dont want to pay a cent for it will get it somewhere or someone will just share it and upload it somewhere. Thats the same case whit every payware on the internet.
    Mostly it depends on the community itself how far they want to support this to.

It is on US how we will support this and allow how far will it go. Whit rfactor and gtr2 it went far to much actually.

I will and I promisse here to commint my self to get you all happy as much as I may knowledge will allow it. Im not doing high poly models but I do them in the way that is needed for all people to be able to play them and ofcourse one of the goals is to support leagues to which can apply for some league mods to in future.

More news, progress status, some licensed car and other stuff beeing worked on should follow whithin next 1-2 weeks.

Cheers

1 person likes this.
  10. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I would support these types of projects, for sure. Only caveat for me, though, is that I'd want to try the physics before purchasing. I'd hate to buy it and then find I can't stand driving it.

Would there be a possibility of releasing a 'trial' mod that has an ugly, low-poly vehicle with the exact same physics as the pretty, finished ones?

11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all, you can also view the full press release from MAK-Corp about the shop announcement of which Ales will be selling these projects in on our official website at www.mak-corp.net or on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MakCorp3dStudios

Anyone interested to find out more about the shop can contact me directly or ask here.

12. gpfan

gpfan Registered

I´m a converter, being doing those kind of things for some time now. I will support this kind of projects and respect without toutching any of their work!!!

Count on me!!!

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I can see this thread not turning out so well. :p

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Great to hear gpfan!

This is intended to help the community grow. This system has existed for many years in the flight sim community and its help their community grow immensely. With the right support and attitude, this can help the sim-racing community by bringing artistic growth. As Ales said above, ripped work and people sharing is something that happens in this community but we're hoping that people will respect the artists and what we're trying to achieve to help these artists continue developing great content at an affordable price. Hopefully we won't have to deal with too many issues with people ripping or making their hard work available via warez.

15. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

Looks very promising to me, on the whole sharing issue etc could you not come up with some kind of system to provide a unique unlock key/password as and when a copy of the mod is purchased? the only way to get the unlock code would be by purchasing.... I know there will still be people who manage to get into it there always will be but it may cut down the sharing issue.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

I think a plugin or similar thing would have to be done to check a uniqe mas file or something. Installation of the mods right now goes over rfactor so it actually has to be free that the game can read them. Its a challenge right now to implent something like that. It would probably be more easy to do something like that for rfactor than for rf2.
    I have some ideas in mind but will have to check it.

17. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

The question is though, will it, or will it divide the community? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
  18. UnitedRacingDesign

This is actually up to you. Dont start a discussion here if its right or not.
    A service is offered but its up to you if you want it to not.
    About dividing the community, well we have seen modding teams falling apart, mods beeing ditched in WIP progress cause there was somebody to ripp others game content.
    Im modding since F1c, did alot of free stuf and had mayor support on that but world and life for us has changed. There are 2 ways we can go. Eather ditch modding and go work for other jobs or game developer or we can offer you a service and you will get constant new content and whit "fictional" content we can offer alot there and even some licensed stuff.
    You do have to calculate how much time is there in one car only right now.
    You can wait years that a mod is finished and when its out the cars will be forgoten allready or you can accept this and get them in right time and right quality.
    I have to live so as you have to live somehow right? I have a chance to combine what I love and it was hobby at start which is for sure awesome for me and if this can pay my bills and make you happy whit my service why not?

I would say that many game developers that are offering modding now are considering that the time is right to approach this way. Mods are needed but there is less and less scratch made work plus they are damn hard to be done right now.
    5 euros per car whit 3rd allways free from my team and there will be allways some other stuff that will get you more for free or price drops. How much do cigaretes cost these days or a botle of wine or 6pack of beer? You smoke it in 1 day or drink it in an hour or more. Is it really so bad to support us more if we put 300 hours and up for a single car rather than somebody doing something in few seconds in a factory? I guess not but again its up to you and what can offer you more fun.

I think ive sayed enough about this and im hopping for none discussion about this. Its the way we want to approach and offer. As allways it is, not everything is supported by all people but I wont give up on the idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
  19. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

I never gave an opinion one way or another as to whether or not I supported your or anybody else's plans for payware, I just stated a thought that plans for payware COULD divide the community. Not "will divide the community "but COULD divide the community".

As for your comment "dont start a discussion here if its right or not", my retort to you is don't start a thread unless you want a discussion.

Have a nice day!

20. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Ok a real tough question for you Ales..

I see your commited, however.. (I am playing devils advocate here)..lets say your succesful and your release a couple of pay for mods..
    All is going well, then you get an e-mail from a "hard Line" development company wanting you to work for them.. will you leave this project behind?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.