Tutorial to convert tracks from rFactor to rFactor2 with 3dsimed

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SPASKIS, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Missing xsectors..? Bad AIW file..?

Cheers!

2. Johannes Kunkel

Johannes Kunkel Registered

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot to Spaskis for the tutorial, really easy to follow.

I finally had a go converting a track for a little race with some friends and overall it worked well as I have a running version in rF2. But I have 3 problems with the track.

1. The Mirrors are not working in any car on this track (on other tracks they work)
    2. On the driver car the Main cartexture is missing, this also only happens on this track.
    3. I tried setting up nightlights but only one half of them shows up (The track is in a stadium, so the lights on one side of the roof work and light up half the track, the other half is dark) I know this wasn´t covered in this tutorial but maybe someone knows how I can set them up. I got the XYZ coordinates out of 3dsimed from the positions of the lights and then simply created an Omni light for each of them looking like this:
    "Light=NightLight00
    {
    Type=Omni Pos=(-1.1716 90.4482 52.1109) Range=(0.000000, 37.000000) Active=True Intensity=(2.000000) Color=(255, 255, 255)
    }"

The positions should be correct, checking by the logic of the axes in 3dsimed.

Would be nice if anyone has some advice what I could have done wrong.

Cheers
    Johannes

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

To problem #1, you probably haven't setup rear view parameters to track's scn - file.

For instance:

View=rearview
    {
    Clear=True
    Color=(0, 0, 0)
    Size=(1.00, 1.00) Center=(0.50, 0.50)
    FOV=(62.5, 62.5)
    ClipPlanes=(0.50, 350.00)
    }

Cheers!

4. Johannes Kunkel

I had a similar setup in the scn file already, and I also tried taking the exact values from you and other tracks unfortunately it doesn´t work.

However issue Nr. 2 seems to have fixed itself without making any changes to the track.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For problem 1. remove visgroups 32 from scn

For problem 3. Check the differences between how 3dsimed generates lights (just the objects) in _output.scn and how they were set in the original scn file. You will see that the light instance itself is missing. Copy those from the original file and include them in your rf2 scn file. After that I cannot provide much help since my success was relative. I made it to ge the lights off during the day. However when it gets dark, the lighting was weird. I dont know if this has something to do with the beta state of rf2 (I havent tested circuits at night) or with a track problem.

6. Johannes Kunkel

Do I have to change the visgroups 32 to another one or remove the entry alltogether?

I tried removing all visgroups 32 entries from the scn instances, but that didn´t help, removing all visgroup entries also didn´t help.

7. polesitter

polesitter Registered

The track is loaded successfully, but as soon as the car leaves the boxes rFaktor2 crashes

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You need to remove that tag from the instance that you want to appear in the mirrors.

PS Sorry I understood wrong your problem. If mirrors don't work I cant find the relationship with the track. IMO the problem is not the track.

9. iceRasta

iceRasta Registered

When I buy 3d Sim Ed 2 can I also use then 3d Sim Ed 3?

10. sti228

sti228 Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  11. Hazi

Hazi Registered

He delets everything what is not going to be "racesurface" for realroad - so only the raceabletrack (road,...)and pits..... are in the new scn.
    But you can skip this and change that parts that will become "racesurface" directly in your 3DSimed and in the new (i) version you can tag the gmts of the road and ... as deformable and reflective allready. (was not possible in that version in the video), so you dont have to do that part where he did this by hand in the scn file.

12. sti228

sti228 Registered

Hazi

Thank you :)

Can someone give me BRIANZA10K.scn file ?

13. YeappMr

YeappMr Registered

14. dethomainee

dethomainee Registered

Thanks, cÃ*ng lúc cÃ*ng hay

15. pablereitor

pablereitor Registered

I have the same problem.
    After applying the changes to the realroad, when I run development mode the circuit load is interrupted with an error "Source map for render target RACEGROOVE.DDS can not be a format DXTn".
    If i convert racegroove to 5.5.5.1 and then run back .... the error jumps with any texture from those used by racesurface objets.

HELP, please.

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The problem is the new version of 3dsimed. move down to i vrersion

17. DaveNoonan

DaveNoonan Registered

Yes, that will work but the other way would be to force the RenderTarget attribute of the track material to false.

Cheers

Dave N.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks Dave for the aclaration. I have not tried the new version yet but knowing a solution I will move up to j version

19. kmw

kmw Registered

Spaskis,
    first, thank you very much for the video tutorial, it has helped me convert a circuit into rF2.
    I managed it already, but I was left with several problems, but your method and the great conversion script, made it much easier.
    I am now trying to get real road onto my track. I have failed in the first attempt, and I will try again, as I must have made a mistake somewhere.
    Can I ask you please to clarify, how do I know which lines of the scn file I must change to racesurface_etc ?
    Is it always the lines Instance=t(number)_s(number) that must be changed and NOT t(letter)(number) ? Is this correct?
    I watched the clip over and over but was still not sure I had got it right,

Thank you,
    Keith :)

20. Banger

Banger Registered

you may run into another problem converting from RF1 to RF2 . depends on the track and how it was done, some areas will turn yellow ,

but to answer your question, you only need to change the road surface objects.has we can't work out which is which from your description above, do you have 3dSimed 3f?, (click on road) and jot down the object name.